DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

10 Most Ticketed Cars

10 Most Ticketed Cars

1. Hummer H2

People who love the Hummer H2 probably love its bold, imposing looks. Apparently, cops love the H2 because it helps them meet their ticket quotas. Here's a tip: If you have an H2, maybe you shouldn't drive it near then end of the month when traffic cops are scrambling to make their numbers.

2. Scion tC

Seeing the tC on the most-ticketed list makes sense, given its popularity with young people. Its sporty performance, which comes at a price that makes affording tickets easy, probably helps tempt some drivers as well.

3. Scion xB

Like the Scion tC, the xB is aimed at younger drivers. Still, when you look at the xB's less-than-stellar performance, it's safe to assume that all the tickets xB drivers are getting aren't moving violations.

4. Mercedes Benz CLK63 AMG

If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG -- then a few tickets are worth unleashing this luxurious beast. Besides, if you've got a Mercedes, you can probably afford a few traffic citations.

5. Toyota Solara Coupe

Now, here's a surprise. The fifth most ticketed car is the Toyota Solara Coupe. Essentially a two-door Camry, the Solara isn't known for road-thrashing performance. Maybe Solara drivers just get a lot of parking tickets.

6. Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

The CLS63 AMG is another luxury performance car, so it's no shocker to see its drivers among the most ticketed. The question is: With all that power, why aren't more CLS63 AMG drivers outrunning the cops?

7. Scion xA

With the xA taking the seventh spot on the ten most ticketed cars list, Scion completes the traffic-ticket hat trick. Toyota's upstart little brand has only come out with four models over its entire lifespan -- and three of them will likely get you a date in traffic court.

8. Subaru Outback

Subarus have a reputation of being yuppie grocery getters, but the Outback manages to prove that stereotype wrong by being one of the top ten most ticketed cars. Apparently, the Outback is the car of choice for people who need to get to Whole Foods in a hurry, and maybe park illegally once they're there.

9. Audi A4

Audi often finds itself in the shadows of Mercedes and BMW, but not when it comes to getting tickets. The Audi A4 is the ninth most ticketed car in America.

10. Toyota Matrix

The Toyota Matrix is often credited for bringing SUV styling to small cars. Now it can also be credited to bringing insurance rate increases to thousands of its owners.

10 Least Ticketed Cars

1. Jaguar XJ

The Jaguar XJ gives drivers a smooth ride and an opulent interior. As the least- ticketed car in America, it also seems to provide the ability to fly under radar guns. There's a feature they won't tell you about at the dealership.

2. Chevrolet Suburban

Suburban drivers tend to need their large SUVs for hauling people or towing trailers, not breaking land speed records. So it's not surprising to see it on the list of least-ticketed cars.

3. Chevrolet Tahoe

The Tahoe shares some architecture with the Hummer H2, the most-ticketed car in America. Despite the two having similar sizes, the Tahoe manages not to attract as much police attention.

4. Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500

It's no shocker to find Chevrolet's heavy-duty trucks among the least-ticketed vehicles. These trucks are usually bought for their towing ability, not for impromptu drag races.

5. Buick Park Avenue

While Buick has recently begun to increase the oomph in their cars, the now- discontinued Park Avenue helped solidify the brand's image as cars for the senior set. No wonder Park Avenue drivers tend not to get very many tickets.

6. Mazda6

The largest car in Mazda's line up, the Mazda6 has plenty of the brand's zoom-zoom, yet still manages to be among the least-ticketed cars. If you love driving sporty sedans but can't take seeing any more red and blue lights in your rearview mirror, the Mazda6 may be just the car for you.

7. Buick Rainier

The now-discontinued Buick Rainier is a largely forgettable attempt at a near- luxury SUV. Maybe that forgettable nature keeps cops from noticing when one commits a traffic offense.

8. Oldsmobile Silhouette

Finding a minivan from Oldsmobile on the list of least-ticketed cars isn't surprising. What's surprising is that anyone is still driving a Silhouette.

9. Buick Lucerne

The Buick Lucerne offers a near-luxury experience at an affordable large car price. Being one of the least-ticketed cars means that the Lucerne's affordability continues after it's bought, thanks to fewer fines and lower insurance rates.

10. GMC Sierra 1500

The GMC Sierra is an attractive truck for work or play. With its ability to haul or tow heavy loads, this truck will do anything you ask it to, including avoiding traffic citations.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...r-a-cop-magnet

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    woooohoooo no broncos on the list

those stupid scions deserve to be ticketed btw

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    my wifey drives a Volvo and neverrrrrrrr gets stopped

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Im sure popularity plays a part as well.

I see Hummers all the time, and Jags once in a blue moon

interesting...

I need to get a Jag XJ and go into invisi mode

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    very interesting....

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    oh yeah 3rd least ticketed

system admin is offline Owner
    I just got rid of my H2 and I never got a ticket in it (1.5 years)

I think it has to do with the driver more than anything, OR the type of driver that buys a certain type of car.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i would hope they do these as a ratio and not pure numbers, because there is no way there are enough AMGs on the road to make up for all the cheap cars getting tickets.

the non-ticketed list is funny though, besides the jag, its all either granny cars or cars from probably the worst automaker in the world (GM)

whoever wrote this must be confused
    If you're lucky enough to have a Mercedes AMG -- any AMG --
    afaik, there are no other AMGs besides benz AMGs.

and all 3 of scions cars (besides that new piece) are on the high list, thats funny, especially since the x's have around 100hp

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    2. Chevrolet Suburban

Suburban drivers tend to need their large SUVs for hauling people or towing trailers, not breaking land speed records. So it's not surprising to see it on the list of least-ticketed cars.

i have a suburban - all jacked up and dark windows ... never get pulled over ever, even when i do break the law. i am convinced that the cops are worried that they will get shot by some back woods country boy if they do, and just for the record i dont live inthe country or own a shot gun - lol (good leave me alone)

system admin is offline Owner
    Problem with AMG's is that they NEVER stop depreciating. Most cars hit a certain point where it levels out (unless its just a complete POS) but those damn things will keep dropping like a stone.

Stay away unless you have so much money that it doesnt matter to lose 40% of the value after the first year.

Bc

Quote Originally Posted by system admin View Post
    Problem with AMG's is that they NEVER stop depreciating. Most cars hit a certain point where it levels out (unless its just a complete POS) but those damn things will keep dropping like a stone.

Stay away unless you have so much money that it doesnt matter to lose 40% of the value after the first year.

Bc
    LOL that is so true, its not only the AMGs but some mercedes. i saw a perfectly fine (engine was fine, interior/exterior was fine, everything worked) 1998 slk 230 kompressor with like 120k miles on it for $5800!!!!!!

you will see early 90s bmw 3 series with 200k miles on it going for more than that. even the e class benz will be ancient and on their last limbs and go for more than that.

but i guess if you have $100k to spend on an AMG in the first place, you aren't too worried about its resale, or the more common thing is probably to just lease them.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ i dunno about the lease theory - used to be a lease = paying depreciation of the vehicle over lease term. Not sure if that still holds true....

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Good the BMW is not on the list. I havent gotten a ticket in it. In the gst its another story but never in the bimmer even when i am flying in it.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    wo look at all those Toyota models (scion included of course) !

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ i dunno about the lease theory - used to be a lease = paying depreciation of the vehicle over lease term. Not sure if that still holds true....
    idk.. leases definitely are a higher payment than if you were to just buy the car, but i don't think its enough to cover all the depreciation on some cars. even $1000 a month on an $80000 car (probably about what you'd pay) for 36 months, would be close to what they could resell it for.

gst i was thinking the same. probably because most people think mercedes are more executive than BMWs although i hate mb and love bmw (boring euros vs well styled euros with much nicer engines)

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Thats right, if I was a cop I would ticket the shit out of all those sell out bastards that buy foreign cars. Accept for the German made ones because my long lost cousin could be building them or something....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Thats right, if I was a cop I would ticket the shit out of all those sell out bastards that buy foreign cars. Accept for the German made ones because my long lost cousin could be building them or something....LOL
    LOL. except*. but jw, how are foreign car buyers sell outs? you don't actually suggest driving american cars do you? LOLLLL thats a good one

Thread Information