Thread: Diet Software

Joxi is offline New Member

Diet Software

Hi all,

does anybody use a diet software, to do all the calculations for bulcking, and then for dieting. I did couldn find any on the net.

My nutritionist has a great one, but it came to my attention that he doesnt know how to use it. Just yesterday I started research on the net, and realised that its all wrong. I was on 3 moths, dumb, and just now cought it. I still lost bf, from 17 to 13%, but was a luck i guess.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joxi View Post
    Hi all,

does anybody use a diet software, to do all the calculations for bulcking, and then for dieting. I did couldn find any on the net.

My nutritionist has a great one, but it came to my attention that he doesnt know how to use it. Just yesterday I started research on the net, and realised that its all wrong. I was on 3 moths, dumb, and just now cought it. I still lost bf, from 17 to 13%, but was a luck i guess.
    I use an excel spreadsheet.

but its a lots of calculations, iam not that good with math.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I like fitday.com, calorieking is another one. I'm not sure if that's what you have in mind but it's worth a look.

Ok, let me be more specific, I saw the fitday, but i need a step behind.

1. how to calculate my caloric input, on bodybuilding.com, i god all the formulas, lets say i do 3500kcal, 40%protein, 40%carb, and 20%fat, or 50%carb, 25%protein and 25%fat, for bulcking.

2. So first you would fill in these variables, and divide into meals, and then go to fitday and calorieking to fill with food.

I cant do a spread sheet for this much calculations, + based on bodybuilding.com you need to change it every 3 to 4 weeks due to the muscle bf changes...

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    It's Sooooo easy to make an excel spreadsheet. Make some columns for protein, fat, fiber/sugar alcohols, carbs, alcohol. Rows for meals 1-y. Then fill in what you ate in the specific macro spots. Make some formulas up for each of the rows. Protein 4(a) , carbs 4(x), fat 9(n), alcohol 4(b), fiber 4(z), net carbs 4(x)-4(z). Total at bottom by sum of column macros Ex: 1(4(a))+2(4(a)) + etc. At the bottom where the totals are calculated due the sum of that row. Divide each individual total calories by the total calories for the day to give individual percentages.

NewMuscle83 is offline Member
    I'm taking a nutrition class in college, and we're required to get this program called Diet Analysis 9.0 we haven't used it yet, and I still haven't gotten (mainly cause I have been able to rip it online yet) but she showed us how to use it a bit, and it looks pretty legit. It's supposed to be able to do a ton of stuff, from finding out exact cals in foods you input, to making super customized diets.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I like fitday.com, calorieking is another one. I'm not sure if that's what you have in mind but it's worth a look.
    I use Crosstrainer 6, it makes fitday look like a kiddy program

Hi guys,

thanks for the input. I got a trial Crosstrainer 6, its exactly what I was looking for. BUT, you cant create your own input for food, even I couldnt find whey protein shake.

for Diet, it sounds the same thing, I looked it up on the Amazone, and in review says:
    This was a required item for a nutrition class. Seems to me that the publishers are more concerned about brand name product placement then a good program for diet analysis. For an example, I had to put in a serving of a brand name baby food because having a fresh banana on the list seemed to escape them....

it seems that both softwares dont alow you to create your own inputs

joxi

... also cross trainer uses BMR with activity level, so you cant customise that neither.

Thread Information