Dinosaur is offline Member

how long does it take u to fall asleep????

hey everybody,

i want to see how long does it take you to fall asleep while you are laying in your bed? do you take any sleeping pills. if so, how long have you been taking them for? does it help you sleep like a baby?
    last one i promise, what do u do to make ur self fall asleep, attention no smart answers. lol

i will start first. it usually takes me about 15 min to 20 min average, if iam stressed out then definatly another half hour so total of 45 minutes.

fortunatly, i don't take any sleeping pills

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    no sleep aids, depends on how tired i am physically. if i am really tired, not long at all. if i just think i need to sleep than about 30 min... just laying there moving around every so often.

i only take sleep aids if i have a bad headache, then it takes a while for it to work, but when i get into bed, not long.

drummerofgod87 is offline Associate Member
    It takes me forever to fall asleep. If I'm stressed, 2 - 6 hours. Yes, you read that right.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    I'm insomniac. I pretend i sleep. Rarely do.

Scott78 is offline Junior Member
    I find it hard to fall asleep at night, usually my routine was after zma's taken go watch some tv for 45 mins then bed, but was taken me ages to nod off.

Now take zma's go into room and into bed watch tv for about hour with lights off, get to sleep a little quicker now

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Its always been hard for me to sleep, i see ghosts....

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Its always been hard for me to sleep, i see ghosts....
    Not when im around

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    To be honest, probably less than two minutes once my head hits the pillow. My girlfriend hates it cause it takes her like a half hour. She says sometimes we will be laying there in the middle of a conversation and she will be talking about something, then all of a sudden she hears me snoring, lol.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    bout 5 mins from the time i want to go to bed. till the time i fall asleep

no sleeping pills (just loads of sex)

and i get 8-9 hours of sleep a night

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    I should also note that this is more of a problem than a gift. I start to knod off while I'm driving late at night. I have also fallen asleep and driven 50mph straight into a tree

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Im a light sleeper and normally take 30+ minutes to get to sleep. When on AAS it varies, but usually much worse. Tried OTC sleep remedies and they sometimes make me drowsy, but they can often wire me too making sleep more difficult. Tried ambien but I dont think it worked any better then benedryl for me.

I just deal the best I can. Living life as a zombie.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Not when im around
    Arrr, i might see the ghosts if you took that gimp mask off me, whens it your turn to wear it??

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    takes me forever as well unless I self medicate...

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    I sleep like shit alot of the time, take hours to fall asleep then when i wake up i dont know if i even slept its just like i cant destinguish reality from my sub-conscious its realyl weird. I just wish i slept like a rock, i always have so much on my mind its very difficult to fall asleep

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I lay down and fall asleep within 5 minutes without fail. THe problem is staying asleep. I often wake up wide awake every hour on the hour and sometimes can't go back to sleep, so i take trazadone when on one of those cycles where I get three or four hours at night and it helps me to get a full 6-7.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I was born in a mental institution, and i sleep only one hour a night... or i stay up and make soap.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I was born in a mental institution, and i sleep only one hour a night... or i stay up and make soap.
    btw, i need some more soap. only got a few bars left

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    I fall asleep easy but then I'm up in the middle of the night taking that Caesin piss at like 3 am, pain in the balls.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    honestly..i usually get laid or jerk off right before and about 5 mins later...lights the **** out. Stay asleep till morning.

swol_je is offline Senior Member
    Takes me atleast 1 hour to fall asleep, no matter how tired I am I just cant sleep. I havent slept a whole night through in probably 2-3 years. I'll have to get up and piss atleast twice a night. I even spent a grand on a new bed and still cant sleep.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I go to sleep when I'm tired. Unfortuantely I only get about five to six hours a night which sucks.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    If you're not sleeping at night its for one reason,

You don't do shit during the day. Theres not one person on here whos gonna go work an 8 hour day, come home, than say they're laying in bed for an hour or 2 before they fall asleep.
    If you ARE all that means is you most likely sit in a cubicle or in front of a computer all day and don't really move around a lot.
    Working out for 2 hours isn't gonna make you fall asleep at night.
    Sleep is for recovery, and if you're having problems sleeping your bodys telling you I need to do more physical labor during the day.
    I wake up at 6:30, work out, than work 8 hours (well not now cause I'm laid off) but I was always moving so when I came home I was ready to pass out at 9pm.

Now because I'm NOT working (I'm being productive but I'm not racing back and forth all day like at my job) I KNOW I'll have trouble sleeping. So what I do is split my cardio into 2 - 1/2 hour sessions instead of one.
    I still know that won't make it easy to sleep so I try to find something that will tire me out, ANYTHING.
    Sitting at a desk won't. Anything with a computer won't make you tired. It'll make your mind fuzzy but your body will be wide awake still. The key is to ignore your mind and work on making your body tired.
    A lot of insomniacs are people who just don't tire out their bodies.

If you exhaust yourself during the day, you'll fall asleep quick, get more sleep, feel better in the morning (forcing cells to do whatever they do at night). I use to have this issue too sleeping till I realized my only real physical labor was at the gym for 2 hours.

I didn't switch my job because of it but when I got a new job (at a restaraunt) I started sleeping like a baby at night, and feeling better the following day.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    no sleep aids, depends on how tired i am physically. if i am really tired, not long at all. if i just think i need to sleep than about 30 min... just laying there moving around every so often.

i only take sleep aids if i have a bad headache, then it takes a while for it to work, but when i get into bed, not long.
    you are similar to my case. i sometimes get headaches maybe from stress or long days but i manage them by taking some tranquilizers or sleeping aides it knocks down hard.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by charrif View Post
    hey everybody,

i want to see how long does it take you to fall asleep while you are laying in your bed? do you take any sleeping pills. if so, how long have you been taking them for? does it help you sleep like a baby?
    last one i promise, what do u do to make ur self fall asleep, attention no smart answers. lol

i will start first. it usually takes me about 15 min to 20 min average, if iam stressed out then definatly another half hour so total of 45 minutes.

fortunatly, i don't take any sleeping pills
    three seconds... some times i wake up in the same postition i fell asleep in... love that.

no pills - if i have to sleep and something is keeping me up i eat some carbos and boom im out...

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    If you're not sleeping at night its for one reason,

You don't do shit during the day. Theres not one person on here whos gonna go work an 8 hour day, come home, than say they're laying in bed for an hour or 2 before they fall asleep.
    If you ARE all that means is you most likely sit in a cubicle or in front of a computer all day and don't really move around a lot.
    Working out for 2 hours isn't gonna make you fall asleep at night.
    Sleep is for recovery, and if you're having problems sleeping your bodys telling you I need to do more physical labor during the day.
    I wake up at 6:30, work out, than work 8 hours (well not now cause I'm laid off) but I was always moving so when I came home I was ready to pass out at 9pm.

Now because I'm NOT working (I'm being productive but I'm not racing back and forth all day like at my job) I KNOW I'll have trouble sleeping. So what I do is split my cardio into 2 - 1/2 hour sessions instead of one.
    I still know that won't make it easy to sleep so I try to find something that will tire me out, ANYTHING.
    Sitting at a desk won't. Anything with a computer won't make you tired. It'll make your mind fuzzy but your body will be wide awake still. The key is to ignore your mind and work on making your body tired.
    A lot of insomniacs are people who just don't tire out their bodies.

If you exhaust yourself during the day, you'll fall asleep quick, get more sleep, feel better in the morning (forcing cells to do whatever they do at night). I use to have this issue too sleeping till I realized my only real physical labor was at the gym for 2 hours.

I didn't switch my job because of it but when I got a new job (at a restaraunt) I started sleeping like a baby at night, and feeling better the following day.
    i don't agree with that.. during the fall, i would have 3 hours of soccer a day, plus classes, and i would be up so late because i can't sleep. and now i'll work 7-8-9 hours in a row (stupid job but still always moving around, carrying stuff, cleaning stuff, etc) and can't sleep at all after that either.

idk what it is because for my whole life i could go to sleep whenever at night (no naps) and sleep very long lol...

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I am still awake, does that answer the question?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Normally 15 to 30 mins.

But after Sex 5mins! LOL!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    a long time unless the tv is on

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I am still awake, does that answer the question?
    haha... so ill take that as one of those guys who suffer from insomnia.

Thread Information