kickinit is offline Member

Worst customer service ever at bestbuy and geeksquad

Ok here is my story, I have details and names if need be.

19 DEC 08, dropped off my computer for service since it was crashing every day almost only a year after the purchase. Needless to say my computer was due back on the 6th of JAN 09. No biggie...

8 JAN 09, No call on the computer and status of computer repair online has shown no change what so ever. I talk to the service rep, they say its just not back yet give it a day or 2. So on the

10th of JAN I call several times "NO ANSWER" so I decide to drive over. Once I get there, they say, we cant find your computer. The rep said it was repaired but never made it back to the store, we are checking.on it.

12th JAN we have filed a clain with UPS, so when we hear something we will let you know, I said why do I have to wait for the claim? "reponse is im sorry thats just how we do it", I said how is this my fault and I have to wait, reponse is its not our fault either sir (so I get tired of arguing). 5 days goes by.

17th JAN any news yet? Nope

19th JAN any news yet? NOPE

21st JAN any news yet? we found your computer it was at a facility that UPS holds lost or missing label packages at. Yippy im very happy, the girl says she had them send it out 1 day air to get it to the facility quicker.

25th and no status online, lost again? I call corporate and they say no im sorry sir your order was not shipped 1 day air it was shipped ground (FIRST APOLOGY was from corporate) so they offered some sort of compensation.

28th at facility and work is started, yippy again...

11th of FEB I call since online it says it was shipped on the 9th of FEB, no phone call from them, again no answer on the phone almost all day because I actually have a job and finally got them on the phone. Yes sir your computer is here, cool deal.. Im coming over since they tell me they need the OS disk which is fine. I get over there and my computer is all scratched up, computer again is one year old, out of the box and on my desk. Also the computer of the computer something is broken since the case itself doesnt even close all the way now. I complain and say what the h**l man, shrugs his shoulders and says I dont know. I give the disk and the guy gives me a receipt and says no problem it will be done on the 14th. Im still upset and he says the manager will be in tomorrow I can stop by then, ok fine.

12th I call to see if he is in, the rep asks my info and says the computer is in work and will be done tomorrow no problem.

13-16th sick as heck

17th go in and the computer OS repair isnt even started. I ask the rep to get the manager and he brings over some snot nose punk named AARON AVALOS, BESTBUY manager. This kid is a little p**ck, first off the on the way over to see me the geeksquad rep points at me and soon they start laughing, they stop by a few other geeksquad reps and they start laughing and telling jokes or some crap while im waiting, crap I only make $100K a year I got time (jacka**es) so he comes over with a smirk and says how can I help you? I said whats the deal man, he reps exactly what the rep said, and I said this is BS, the manager says you cant cuz in here, I said GO F**K YOURSELF punk, he said sir you have to leave I said thats fine you little b**ch I dont need this s**t, I say I hope you liked your job.

NOT ONE APOLOGY FROM ANYONE EXCEPT CORPORATE!!!!!!!

NO PROFESSIONALISM!!!!!!

I have called our local news agency and am working with them to get BEST BUY/GEEKSQUAD ON TV as corrupt jackasses and also have signed up over 50 people for a pick it in front of the store!

I refuse to even except my old computer with scratches, maybe if the little p**ck was nice, but its game on now!

I have details times and names if need be, I have been government for a long time and love to keep records and logs, its fun.... sorry about all the mis-spelling its been a long day. Enjoy, share your stories...

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    funny this has come up....

I bought a dishwasher on dec 12.....

they brought the wrong one on dec 14

but took my old one and said they would bring the new one the following day...

did not come.......

dec 26 went to sears and bought a dishwasher....

dec 26 asked for frund and was nice told them to keep the old one...

dec 31 finely got my money

so i hear ya bro

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    No shit dude. I once went into a Best Buy with about 3k in cash in my pocket, ready to purchase 2 PC's...not one person even looked at me in the 10 minutes I stood there. I walked out and went some where else.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    It sucks when you gotta deal with BS when you just want your product back.It took me about 8 months before to get my denon receiver back god that pissed me off

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    This sucks, i was out shoplifting and stole a widescreen tv, i had it for just one week and the picture went. So i took it back and the bastards wouldnt exchange it. Its time we made a stand against these people.....

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    ^^ HAHAHA MATT! you ****ing kill me man! Hilarious.

As for bestbuy and geeksquad...offically boycott now.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They are pains in the ASS! But it's tough to boycott that place! I know I've tried, and I always get sucked back in. I just tell myself that at least I'm not at Wal-Mart!!

(I've had numerous problems with Best Buy on warranty issues...even extended warranty issues, that I paid big $ for!)

Arrrggggg....don't even get me started!

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Golden rule of dealing with Best Buy:

Don't shop there, ever

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I hate Best Buy.

I don't shop there anymore. Have had way too many problems.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Shitty thing is that with Circuit City gone they are the only real retail place left for the most part and that means service and quality will suffer more and more.

My mom got a laptop last year for Christmas from them and it ran unusually slow especially for being new and having additional RAM installed. So my dad had one of his tech guys look at it at his office and they said that all but one of the sticks or wahtever of ram were broke. So they took it back and they wouldn't do shit about it. In the end my dad had one of his guys fix it so it wasn't that huge of a deal but still, stand by your products people!

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I worked at a Best Buy when I was in high school. We pretty much tried to be the worst employees we humanly could. So yeah, don't shop there.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Never get a warranty with a computer. When they break buy a new one.
    IF they are still within the manfs warranty buy a new one and send the old one back to manf YOURSELF.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    The warranty is a scam on almost all of those things, and it's ALL they care about selling. They track every number of sales percentages and the only one they give a shit bout is the warranty cause it's pure cash.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i'll never deal with the BB crap.. they charge like $150 to re-install the os on your comp.. you can buy the disc for $80 and do it yourself in a few hours. all you do is click re install and let it go to work.

not to mention the ridiculous prices they charge on everything. probably 40% higher than any decent online retailer

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear u man, fuc.k them geeks. I wish you would of punched him in the face. LOL

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    it's bullsh*t man. Next time get a homie to do the work for you. I can't even count how many of my friends pc i have fixed / upgraded for a beer or 2 :P

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    This sucks, i was out shoplifting and stole a widescreen tv, i had it for just one week and the picture went. So i took it back and the bastards wouldnt exchange it. Its time we made a stand against these people.....

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    best buy sucks. i just buy my computers from office depot. they usually have pretty good prices compared to others.

kickinit is offline Member
    yeah this is bs, called consumer problems place at local news and will post pics of the pickit line hehe

Thread Information