IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

cars or trucks????

Wont be able to afford something awesome for a few more years....still in school...I am already planning out what I want to get down the road though. I have a real nice truck now. I really do love it. its an awesome ride. I love the space inside, love the look of the interior. I like riding high (off the ground). ITs just bad ass and fun driving something so huge. ya, overall trucks are badazz to drive. I really do love the truck. Right now i just like the look of a truck better than most cars. The main downside is speed and acceleration obviously. I am a kind of guy that likes going fast and aggressive. and when I see pics of car interiors, and the manuel transmission, and the fact that they can go real fast, it makes me think twice about what I want down the road. And when I see say corvettes, or black ford stx's......it really makes it hard to decide. Its a tough choice being used to a truck, but considering how fun manuel transmission would be and how fun it would be to be able to accelerate and go really fast. Fast cars do look pretty awesome too from the inside out.

I just want to know...what do you like better.....and why?

1. fast cars manuel transmission

2. Badazz trucks

especially if you have had both at some point or you have made the switch.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    fast cars if I'm still single.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    say corvettes, or black ford stx's
    i see a problem here. two american cars come to your mind when you think of fast?

cars >>>>>>>>>>>>>> trucks in my mind. in every way, and if i ever did get a truck, i wouldn't want to do work with it because i would hate to scratch any car i have.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Get an awesome car and a cheap used truck. The best of both worlds.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    car with out a doubt. Unless you havea need for a truck. Like for work or towing something you own.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I got both. But im also gunna grab a luxury car soon too.
    What climate are you in?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    car with out a doubt. Unless you havea need for a truck. Like for work or towing something you own.
    x2

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I have both

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I have a wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    I got both. But im also gunna grab a luxury car soon too.
    What climate are you in?
    I have to deal with hardcore winters and hot summers. I am leaning towards the car. BUt theirs 2 sides to every story. Gotta be some truck guys out there. BUt yeah, I wanna go fast and am really thinking car.

How hard is it learning manuel? is it like second nature? is it a pain in the ass sometimes? ever get scared one of these days you will stall and get in an accident or something. Or is it easy as auto. once you get used to it?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I always been fast and into "sticks"

juiceball88 is offline Junior Member
    I have a 07 f-150 fx2 with 33" tires. wouldnt change it for the world. love it for hauling going dirtbike riding. Thats why i bought my girl the acura tl 6spd. when i need the speed i use her car. Love it

my dad taught me how to drive manual when i was 15, in his beamer. for a while i was pretty bad at it, but after what would be a few days of driving it, its amazingly easy, and you have to try to stall after first gear. 10x better than driving an automatic. i've driven cars with very easy clutches (a sentra) my dads bmw would be middle of the road, then an 08 audi was the hardest clutch i've ever used. after driving a manual for about 9 months i still stalled the audi a couple times. basically the most sporty the car, the harder the clutch will be to use

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    if you have to have one or the other I would make sure it can combat the winter easy. I like my truck and I will always have one.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceball88 View Post
    I have a 07 f-150 fx2 with 33" tires. wouldnt change it for the world. love it for hauling going dirtbike riding. Thats why i bought my girl the acura tl 6spd. when i need the speed i use her car. Love it
    but if you had to pick one? probably the truck right because of hauling like you said. But what if you did not actually need the truck to haul hypothetically. would you pick the f150 or the acura?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    my dad taught me how to drive manual when i was 15, in his beamer. for a while i was pretty bad at it, but after what would be a few days of driving it, its amazingly easy, and you have to try to stall after first gear. 10x better than driving an automatic. i've driven cars with very easy clutches (a sentra) my dads bmw would be middle of the road, then an 08 audi was the hardest clutch i've ever used. after driving a manual for about 9 months i still stalled the audi a couple times. basically the most sporty the car, the harder the clutch will be to use
    it seems like it should be easy to learn. I have been watching how to videos. I feel like I can just get in one right now and be fine. parking and maneuvering maybe would be tough for the first time, but I can def see myself picking it up real quick. I bet I could just get in one and take it around the block, parking might be tough.

parking isn't any harder.. just put the clutch in and roll into the spot if you need to. it is really easy to learn, and so much more interesting that auto. like driving around isn't as mundane and if you ever get bored you can drop a couple gears and rev it up nicee

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    it seems like it should be easy to learn. I have been watching how to videos. I feel like I can just get in one right now and be fine. parking and maneuvering maybe would be tough for the first time, but I can def see myself picking it up real quick. I bet I could just get in one and take it around the block, parking might be tough.
    driving a clutch just takes practice, i've had my mustang cobra for 4 years now and you can do some amazing things with manipulating the clutch that you couldn't come close to doing with an automatic

C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    I had a lifted 4x4 f150 lariat crewcab and traded it in for a 04 cobra with a stick....now i miss my truck lol...so get both ! !

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    big bad ass truck... i have suburban with 35.5 inch tires on it body lift, 454 done up nice (with a new fuel pump - lol - that was for prone, he laughed at me cuze i told him the whole darn stroy) and other fun stuff on it

why a big truck so i can run stuff over - throw i a big bad ass motor in it and almost as good as a sports car... nothing cooler than a big old suburban smokeing all 4 tires ... as im side ways around a corner!!! and half way down the street

Thread Information