J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

My Lunch with Obama

I’ve really been in a gripe about the government of late, I don’t know if it’s the cycle or I’m just on a tangent or what.

The economy is really bad but who’s fault is it really? The government has economist and an entire treasury department that monitors stuff like this. People have been living of credit, lenders have been approving bad credit and unsecured debt. How many years do you have to study, go to college and how long do you have to monitor this to understand what is happening…was coming? It’s not rocket science, eventually….things have to be paid for. Sure paying for it in 3 years, sounds good now, but unless your head is full of rocks….you understand 3 years is coming eventually.

I find it even more frustrating, that no one wants government involvement in a free market, and I agree. But when you go belly up, because you have billions in unsecured debt, don’t go begging for a stimulus hand out. The government can’t step in and control oil prices, even though it’s detrimental to our economy and a necessity for now to most American’s and business’. But they can hand out 750 billion dollars. If the government stepped in 10 years ago, told the banks, “hey, you can’t have that much unsecure debt”. If they told credit card companies “You can’t give these people more credit, they are already bankrupt” the companies would throw a fit. But they are willing to listen and conform now.

To make it even worse, we are not yet, but close to a economic crisis. Stocks are as low as they were in the depression. Yet we are “REBUILDING” Iraq and dumping money into that country so the people have homes, and a stable economy. I’m all for helping people and as far as the reason for being there, it’s pointless at this point, I don’t care if we should or not. The bottom line is, we can’t AFFORD to be there. I can’t afford to build all the homeless people in my area a home, I’m not going to run out and borrow money to do it. If we/you don’t make sure you are properly taken care of, you certainly cannot help other people. If I can’t feed myself, I can’t feed you.

I think we have to go through some type of a evolution, we had to do it with the invention of the tractor too. 80% of American’s use to be farmers. Tractors sure did cost us a lot of jobs….then comes the industrial revolution. Jobs will be created; we are not getting out of this mess by planting Pine Tree’s to create jobs like we did in the 60’s. The companies that failed, let them fail. If my company went belly up, I know I would not get a free pass and would not expect it. But I would start over again, and do it better the next time. The government should fund NEW business’ and support new lenders with different plans. Sometimes you just have to fire your employee and start from scratch instead of just writing them up.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I am moving to mexicao....

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    ^ I posted this minutes ago. It's how a government can prevent a downturn like this.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    so, how was your lunch with obama?

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    ^^ and who paid?

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    the american taxpayers......

we get stuck with everything.....

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post
    the american taxpayers......

we get stuck with everything.....
    hey if i got to go to lunch with obama i'd gladly pay

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    lololol!
    hello... can't here you!!! don't talk to my mouth.... still there???? hello!!!!

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    why is that guy sitting on the floor in the corner there...

Thread Information