lord henry is offline Scammer&Liar

Anxiety/panic attacks and aas?

anyone here suffer from anxiety?

i have been suffering from it for 10months now and its effecting my thoughts on future aas use .

i take propanonol beta blockers when needed .

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Are you asking if anxiety is AAS related?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    sounds like he's asking if someone with anxiety issue *should* use aas.

I'm sure ppl will disagree with me, but I think something like that should be squared away before using aas.

i am just looking for peoples experence with anxiety in genral ,now i know that aas can promote anxiety .

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    sounds like he's asking if someone with anxiety issue *should* use aas.

I'm sure ppl will disagree with me, but I think something like that should be squared away before using aas.
    i concur

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    NO......but i find it interresting,,,

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Im to worried to talk about it...

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Personally, I have severe generalized anxiety. I take Klonapin twice a day, and it still doesn't fully prevent anxiety attacks, I typically have a few a week

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Im to worried to talk about it...
    *LOL* THATS funny!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I can tell you that the best way to solve stress or anxiety is to find the root of the cause, and take care of/solve it.

I had an ex that was under constant stress and anxiety, because she was always behind on her bills. She would not even "LOOK" at her bank balance because it was too stressful. It made for a never ending stressful situation.

Relationships can cause it too. All we can do, is as much as we can to solve the situation. Not everything is under our control. We have to accept some times things don't go as planned. Pick yourself up, and we move on.

Some people have natural issues with it, it's brought on easier. Medication can help, but solving your problems, or concerns and finding a way to cope will help a lot.

AAS during the PCT would probably make it worse. While on AAS, it might actually help you. During those PCT times though, watch out.

Blog Entries
    me and the OP just had a conversation on msn about all this. I experienced an anxiety attack for the first time in my life after last post cycle. Shortness of breath, overwhelming stress, pain in the chest, felt like i was literally going to die. I felt totally overwhelmed. And then I did what any totally overwhelmed adult male does...i ran for the fridge and grabbed a cold beer and slugged it down and wham! it was gone!

Now...i absolutely do not think that alcohol is a medication and should not be used in the prevention of anxiety or depression. I shouldnt have done that and im sure it wasnt the most healthy decision for me. Im not an alcoholic, i dont have any chemical dependency (with exception of a mental one to AAS, meaning i crave the on cycle feeling and sense of well being on test etc) but it really calmed my nerves.

But for about 40 mins i thought i was going to die. I felt closed in and trapped and i have never experienced that in my life until after my very first cycle in the PCT. ****ed with me pretty bad.

binder is offline Member
    tren can do that to you really bad.

are you being treated medically for it?

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    me and the OP just had a conversation on msn about all this. I experienced an anxiety attack for the first time in my life after last post cycle. Shortness of breath, overwhelming stress, pain in the chest, felt like i was literally going to die. I felt totally overwhelmed. And then I did what any totally overwhelmed adult male does...i ran for the fridge and grabbed a cold beer and slugged it down and wham! it was gone!

Now...i absolutely do not think that alcohol is a medication and should not be used in the prevention of anxiety or depression. I shouldnt have done that and im sure it wasnt the most healthy decision for me. Im not an alcoholic, i dont have any chemical dependency (with exception of a mental one to AAS, meaning i crave the on cycle feeling and sense of well being on test etc) but it really calmed my nerves.

But for about 40 mins i thought i was going to die. I felt closed in and trapped and i have never experienced that in my life until after my very first cycle in the PCT. ****ed with me pretty bad.

I had this happen to me once..I was not on cycle or PCT shit was just going wrong in my life....it never happened again so I did not see anyone about it.....this would be a good question for MS...

beerdogg is offline Associate Member
    I was going to ask this exact same question before I started my cycle. When I opened my business 11 years ago I started having anxiety attacks. Same symptoms as above thought I was having a heart attack. Anyway my doctor said it was a chemical imbalance in my brain that was causing it. I have been on a low dose of Prozac and oxepam which is basically a Valium. I take the oxepam in the morning and around 4 in the afternoon. Since I have been on this cycle I do feel a bit more anxiety and take the oxepam 3 times a day now. Don't know if it was a coincidence with the cycle but I am under a lot more stress in my life right now too. My opinion it does elevate your anxiety.

propananol (beta blocker)is the best drug for panic attacks imo ,i have them on hand all the time and when i feel one comeing i take 20mgs and am fine after 30mins .

thanks for all the replys.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    stay away from EQ - it messes with the GABA receptor, aggravating anxiety.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    I have hardcore anxiety. I've taken almost every drug available. I'm now on a brand new freaking expensive drug. Nothing works 100% good. But anything that can stimulate you will worsen your anxiety.

Blog Entries
    I still cant talk about this...

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA View Post
    stay away from EQ - it messes with the GABA receptor, aggravating anxiety.
    Thanks, now that i'm on my 10th week of it!

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lord henry View Post
    propananol (beta blocker)is the best drug for panic attacks imo ,i have them on hand all the time and when i feel one comeing i take 20mgs and am fine after 30mins .

thanks for all the replys.
    There is a difference between panic attacks and generalized anxiety. Can you please explain your symptoms?

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I notice when im on in amplifies my anxiety and stress

Voltaire is offline Junior Member
    I suffer from it too. For about 3 years. One thing with meds is, they don't solve the prob just prevent anxiety. Less you take the better you will be in coping with it in the long run and beating it. I personally like to put myself in stressful situations and see how i cope to make me stronger mentally. That being said i always have the intent to go reaching for the valiums but i stop myself. On AAS though i think it might be dif, but i have the skills to cope with it so i think ill be in a better pos.

Panic attacks are different than generalized anxiety disorder. Many patients who suffer from panic attacks can be cured by simply understanding the mechanism of their condition. So that is why I was asking. My ex-fiance had panic attacks...she went to a cardiologist and a GP, but neither could figure out what was wrong with her...I had just completed my psych rotation, so I automatically knew she was suffering from panic attacks...I just explained to her what panic attacks are, how they are brought on, etc...and it cured her. Hope she rots in hell though.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Panic attacks are different than generalized anxiety disorder. Many patients who suffer from panic attacks can be cured by simply understanding the mechanism of their condition. So that is why I was asking. My ex-fiance had panic attacks...she went to a cardiologist and a GP, but neither could figure out what was wrong with her...I had just completed my psych rotation, so I automatically knew she was suffering from panic attacks...I just explained to her what panic attacks are, how they are brought on, etc...and it cured her. Hope she rots in hell though.
    I dont know bro...I've tried to talk myself out of many panic attacks, and have always had to use a benzodiazepine to relieve the symptoms. They are really debilitating.

To answer the OP...I find that the time I get the most panic attacks on a cycle, is right around the time I think of as a "transition" period. That is, during week 4&5 when the enanthate has built up enough of a blood level to be fully kicked in. For whatever reason, weeks 4 and 5 always seem to trigger a massive amount of panic attacks. I am very sensitive to any change in my body, and that is what most of my panic attacks are focused around.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    I dont know bro...I've tried to talk myself out of many panic attacks, and have always had to use a benzodiazepine to relieve the symptoms. They are really debilitating.
    You're a med student right?

Well, basically some people don't understand that there is nothing pathologically wrong with them, and that in itself will prevent the attacks. With panic attacks, the person misconstrues his own body signals...he hears his heart beat and thinks it is too fast or his breath and thinks it is too fast...then that creates a vicious cycle of panic...

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    You're a med student right?

Well, basically some people don't understand that there is nothing pathologically wrong with them, and that in itself will prevent the attacks. With panic attacks, the person misconstrues his own body signals...he hears his heart beat and thinks it is too fast or his breath and thinks it is too fast...then that creates a vicious cycle of panic...
    I agree, once you are in an anxiety attack, it only intensifies the situation and it gets worse and debilitating. Benzo's are the only thing that can really calm me down from an anxiety attack not turning into a panic attack which feels like a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    I agree, once you are in an anxiety attack, it only intensifies the situation and it gets worse and debilitating. Benzo's are the only thing that can really calm me down from an anxiety attack not turning into a panic attack which feels like a heart attack.
    Agreed. Also, for some people--like my ex-fiance--just knowing that this was the case (i.e. that she really wasn't in danger of having a heart attack or anything like that) was enough to stop the panic attacks altogether. Once I explained it all to her, and she read up on it, she then felt better and never had an attack again.

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    panic attacks suck!

at one point..when i started messing with drugs alot,..i started getting more and more anxiety then usual.. so i started taking xanax here and there..which helped..i felt i needed the prescription..so i went and got one too

i was on xanax 2mg bars..for months on end..and then i decided to come off of them.

That was ruff.. for the next couple months..i had a few more panic attacks, and almost had alot more, it was really bad for a second.. I'm good now..but I just had to coach myself about unrealistic fears and such.. at this point, i still get some anxiety, but I feel that it is in the normal range,

Emondo is offline Junior Member
    lol u crack me up

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    First thing I do is put my hand on my stomach and make sure its moving in and out when I'm breathing. You tend to tighten up and your chest moves when you breath, the belly breathing trick is great.

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    I know how anxiety attacks can mess you up. I had them when i was married (not on juice at the time), All of the sudden i would start thinking violent thoughts in my head and it would scare the heck out of me. I was so scared that I was going to hurt my wife that it made the anxiety attack worse. The thought of hacing bad thoughts would cause anxiety attacks to. I left my wife recently because of her yelling, screaming and throwing expensive stuff at me all he time. The anxiety attacks have went way down, but i get them maybe once a month.

I will soon do another cycle, but it will be my last cycle. I want to bulk, then cut in same cycle and keep myself ripped for good.

Sometimes I think that the attacks might have started because i used to cycle, but then think they started because I was being screamed at by my wife every day for a year.

Don't really know.

I had one today and I got scared of doing another cycle because of how i would have possibly reacted on Tren . My wife is bitter about me leaving her and I got a Text from ...i guess her new boyfriend or something..i have not seen my wife in like 5 months so I dunno.

The text said I better watch my back and that she is commiting adulterly right now.

The attack didn't last buy 10 minutes tho

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    how about now?

Blog Entries
    No, still not sure about talking..

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    No, still not sure about talking..
    take your time

Blog Entries
    ive had more anxiety and stress lately for no reason. have to ****ing time out myself and give myself a cool down talk

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    Maybe this is starting because more people use ug labs and they spike it? lol

Blog Entries
    Ok ermm ermm, im ermm ready, no fuvk it im just not ready, i just cant do it yet

braer4 is offline Associate Member
    every thread i go in madmatt has a post in it that cracks me up, which sucks right now cuz my left cheek is as big as a baseball, keep it coming tho

Thread Information