Bojangles69 is offline Banned

A different look on online dating, superficial women.

(you either will or wont be interested)

I've done these before, and its why I love psychology.
    You can manipulate one perceived minor detail, than have an ENORMOUS change in feedback/response in this case from women. (than you realize its actually a major detail)

And I'll prob be doing my final research project on something in the realm of mate selection but this is what I do in my spare time when I'm bored cause I'm a dork.

I'm not showing the profiles because I'm not done yet. But I have 2 profiles, both the same town, same site, a lot of pretty much everything was matched between the men except for ONE detail. I stabilize the profiles (won't waste time describing the process) than the detail gets changed AFTER the response rates are the same (from stabilizing)

And its amazing how HUGE of a difference this detail made.
    And sometimes its fvckn crazy to see how certain things will drive women in like they have no control over themselves. (more than a couple of women were hinting at sex from the first response)

But the detail was EYE COLOR and resolution.
    The control picture was different in 2 ways.
    It had a much lower resolution, to the point where sharp features of the eye (light sparkle, shine, color sharpness, etc) were dulled. Not blurry, just dull.

The color was also manipulated, the control eye was dull and brown, the manipulated was sharp and blue.

Everything else was as constant as possible.

The results.
    I haven't rated the attraction of the women responders, but on average I'd say 7 out of every 10 were sexable (laymans terms)
    Only because the constants were of an already attractive male variable.

The crazy part is this.
    Photo one, did not get ONE SINGLE message from even ONE woman.
    I was shocked and appalled. Because initial experiments had been showing that the most attractive men got the most response. (women are extremely superficial, you will learn)

But now its moving into a more genetic variation system. (women want to breed to variate their genes as much as possible)

Anyway the results.

In one week - Brown blurry eyes = no messages
    In one week - Blue sharp eyes = ***52*** messages.

Thats a MAJOR fvckn difference, more than significant.
    I knew there would be a difference, and certain variables you expect a difference, but thats astounding to me.

Profile 2 has 3 pages of messages, profile 1 has none.
    The other thing I was noticing was the "whos viewed me" part.

BOTH profiles were getting a lot of profile views (no way to calculate after a few days) but its like after the women clicked in and saw the eyes for some reason all the women decided to leave the profile with the brown dull eyes.
    Mind you this isn't even something you'd be concious of looking at the pictures. Its not apparent to the point where you say "gzz those are really boring eyes", they just look like avg brown eyes if anything.

Profile 2 they were sparkly and blue. So that little detail and color change apparently makes a huge difference for some reason.

Also for the record.
    I'd say 50% of the women complimented the eyes directly.
    This is the funny part.
    Both profiles I listed the profession as "garbage man".
    There was a good deal of women actually writing "well I was reading your profile and really like what I saw".
    Like? LIKE?! wtf?
    When garbage man is like the first thing you see on it.

But it made me realize what women really mean when they say that, it should be 2 disconnected sentences.

1) I was reading your profile.
    2) I like what I SAW.

Which means to me they hadn't actually read shit at all, they just think looking and reading mean the same thing. If men think with their penis, than women must think with their eyes.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    interesting

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    wait, so for profile 1 and profile 2 both had two *different* profile pictures?

wouldn't a better (or at least alternate) control be to have the same male face on one site (but with dull eyes), and on another site the same male face but with bright, blue eyes?

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    very interesting

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Yup i believe this sort of test was done by one of the guys on pua forums. pretty much results as you have obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    wait, so for profile 1 and profile 2 both had two *different* profile pictures?

wouldn't a better (or at least alternate) control be to have the same male face on one site (but with dull eyes), and on another site the same male face but with bright, blue eyes?
    Yeh I aggree. I was initially gonna do that but I wanted to keep demographics the same. Using a different site would affect feedback and using a different town would too. So I tried picking 2 pictures that got almost the same # of responses, that definitely needs to be worked out though.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    Yup i believe this sort of test was done by one of the guys on pua forums. pretty much results as you have obtained.
    Cool, had no idea, I'm gonna go see if I can find it actually.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Glad I have light eyes.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    gee can I hire you to write my dating profile for me??....lol

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    glad i have bright blue eyes

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    glad i have bright blue eyes
    +1...Mine really pop when I am super tan.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    gee can I hire you to write my dating profile for me??....lol
    Im starting to think more and more people are actually doing most if not all of their judging by a single picture. One time I actually made a profile and said "in my spare time I like filling my freezer with body parts and drinking blood". It wasnt even intended on being funny but because I had a good picture (was actually my brothers, a little pretty boy) women took to it as me being funny?

Like are you serious? Thats not funny, thats creepy. If I put that on an avg guys profile women would have been completely weirded out by it. Amazing how much you can get away with online with a good pic, and real life for that matter.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    Im starting to think more and more people are actually doing most if not all of their judging by a single picture. One time I actually made a profile and said "in my spare time I like filling my freezer with body parts and drinking blood". It wasnt even intended on being funny but because I had a good picture (was actually my brothers, a little pretty boy) women took to it as me being funny?

Like are you serious? Thats not funny, thats creepy. If I put that on an avg guys profile women would have been completely weirded out by it. Amazing how much you can get away with online with a good pic, and real life for that matter.
    yep. I think that's the factor right there.

Interesting shit, though.

Did you ever write any really clever profiles but did *not* post any pics, and see what the responses were like?

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    yep. I think that's the factor right there.

Interesting shit, though.

Did you ever write any really clever profiles but did *not* post any pics, and see what the responses were like?
    No, thats a good idea but I know just for me, if I'm browsing profiles and one doesn't have a pic I never even bother clicking in to read it.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post

LOL hahaha. Thats funny.

So basically, I need to go get some blue contacts. Is this what your telling me?

Thread Information