Thread: Nsca-cpt

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru

Nsca-cpt

Anyone certified under NSCA?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    no....ACE....and i would implore one to not even get the certification until you already have job/clients because possible that you wont get one, like me

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    All the way back in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    no....ACE....and i would implore one to not even get the certification until you already have job/clients because possible that you wont get one, like me
    That would suck, I'm prolly gonna lurk around at gyms and ask bout job availability.

All the way back in 1998.
    Things probably changed a little bit since then. But I skimmed a practice exam and this shit is hard.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Im just certified under the mental health act..

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    That would suck, I'm prolly gonna lurk around at gyms and ask bout job availability.

Things probably changed a little bit since then. But I skimmed a practice exam and this shit is hard.
    From my experience back then, if you can pass the practice exam (without cheating) you will pass your exam.

Yeah I tried the whole personal-training thing years ago, didn't work out (thankfully) however most places require you to be certified with the most-widely recognized certification courses out there.

There's seemingly hundreds of worthless on-line acronyms looking to provide people people with "mickey mouse" certifications that arent recognized in the industry. I'd check with the place employment first and see what their requirements are before you or anyone waste money on worthless certz.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    Yeah I tried the whole personal-training thing years ago, didn't work out (thankfully) however most places require you to be certified with the most-widely recognized certification courses out there.

There's seemingly hundreds of worthless on-line acronyms looking to provide people people with "mickey mouse" certifications that arent recognized in the industry. I'd check with the place employment first and see what their requirements are before you or anyone waste money on worthless certz.
    I'm set on NSCA, possible do ACSM as well. Those two the most well recognized. Any where you can take your exam online won't be as accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93 View Post
    From my experience back then, if you can pass the practice exam (without cheating) you will pass your exam.
    Yeah, well I looked at it and know that this will take some serious work.

I'm set on NSCA, possible do ACSM as well. Those two the most well recognized. Any where you can take your exam online won't be as accepted.
    I got mine thru NCSA, although its been expired for years. I am assuming they've gained more credibility over the years because I've seen their logo around here and there and as I recall they had a strong program/infrastructure.

Goodluck.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Yeah, well I looked at it and know that this will take some serious work.
    I read the text and listened to all the audio tapes while following allow with the outline. It was work but wasting my money on a failed exam is something I didn't want to do.

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Im NSCA. Have been for years. I own a personal training studio and have done pretty well for myself. Having a certification and a degree goes along way in this field. If you want to know more just drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    I got mine thru NCSA, although its been expired for years. I am assuming they've gained more credibility over the years because I've seen their logo around here and there and as I recall they had a strong program/infrastructure.

Goodluck.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcx View Post
    Im NSCA. Have been for years. I own a personal training studio and have done pretty well for myself. Having a certification and a degree goes along way in this field. If you want to know more just drop me a pm.
    I might do that thanks

I read the text and listened to all the audio tapes while following allow with the outline. It was work but wasting my money on a failed exam is something I didn't want to do.
    I hear that man, $350 to take an exam isn't chump change. Did you read the NSCA's 'Essentials of Personal Training' text to study as well?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Thanks

I might do that thanks

I hear that man, $350 to take an exam isn't chump change. Did you read the NSCA's 'Essentials of Personal Training' text to study as well?
    Back then they didn't have that text. They only had The Essentials of Strength & Conditioning text (intended for the CSCS). I read it because I was going to have to read it for the CSCS exam...which I have also.

Back then they didn't have that text. They only had The Essentials of Strength & Conditioning text (intended for the CSCS). I read it because I was going to have to read it for the CSCS exam...which I have also.
    Good to know, I was contemplating getting it just to have a greater understanding of exercise and such. Thanks

mcx
    mcx is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    The books are good, the videos blow. I didnt studfy for the nsca cpt exam, but if you are up on your info you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mcx View Post
    The books are good, the videos blow. I didnt studfy for the nsca cpt exam, but if you are up on your info you should be ok.
    See those study pachages on their website? Up to $700 for books dvds practice tests, insane.

Thread Information