TheJuicer is offline Member

Lost another Training Partner...

Well today was legs and i call the guy up. Hes been pussin' out on me lately as hes a real pretty boy that expects his gain to come easy and when he has to work for them he tells me I'm pushing him too hard. Trust me when I tell you that I'm not overtraining him at all. Well anyway he told me on the phone that hes not lifting anymore that he wants to focus on his life and lifting makes him too tired afterwards. ...its sucks because this was prob. my 10th partner in 15 years of lifting. No one has the drive I have. So anyway my grandfather that got me in to bodybuilding always said its an individual sport....what you put in to it is what you'll get out of it...and I add who needs them. My love with the iron will keep me motivated to keep on truckin'. Later on!!!

higherdesire is offline Banned
    The problem with partners is that it is very rare to find someone that you can train with equally for very long. It is one of lifes temporaries.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    the guy i used to train with was about equal with me in what we lift...but the problem is that he's a f ucking flake and lazy. he's not working anymore so i don't know what the f uck he is doing instead? i just gave up trying to get a hold of him. shit pisses me off to no end..

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Honestly, you can't expect someone to follow your routine, and be on par with what you think is best.

you have to let them do their own thing, don't depend on them, because you'll just be let down.

I take my working out serious, but I'm not trying to be a body builder. I'll never do a show, I'll never want to be over 250lbs.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    You do brush your teeth before going to the gym??

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    And when your spotting him its best he doesnt see your boner..

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya dude my training partners start to sporadically miss back and leg day and then just give up altogether I would love to find someone that is as driven as me, oh well...

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    I've had the same training partner for about 3 years. I'm lucky I guess.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    best training partner i ever had - was a woman named Sandy - she was more dependable more motivated and more hardcore than any man i ever trained with. Best training with a partner i ever experienced. Changing weight was inconvenient ...but overall it was worth it..

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    There is four of us that workout together for the past ten years. If you miss a day it cost you ten dollars. If you miss a week it is 50.00 dollars it all goes into a pot and when the ufc we have fight night the one that paid the most has to have it at their house, and the money is used for beer and food..Now I have been gone for the last couple of years but it is still going strong.

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    There is four of us that workout together for the past ten years. If you miss a day it cost you ten dollars. If you miss a week it is 50.00 dollars it all goes into a pot and when the ufc we have fight night the one that paid the most has to have it at their house, and the money is used for beer and food..Now I have been gone for the last couple of years but it is still going strong.
    your going to owe big if you go back... lol

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shabakat90 View Post
    my partner stopped cuming to gym recently as well he dosent lift near me im 17 and bench 130kg he benches 50kg but i am now bored alone
    I think ur under age bro, I don't know if u should be hanging around adults here.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    yh rite mate u an adult u must be kidding
    lol not only is he too young but he always types and acts like an idiot.

i just lift with whoever is there. my roommates go sometimes but they do weird stuff.. one kid would do whole upper body every other day but not hit each muscle more than once really.. another kinda lifted the same things as me, but lighter and at different times some days. so i generally lift by myself and ask someone in the gym for a spot if i might need it

stpete is offline Banned
    I was fortunate enough to have my brother as my partner for over 6 years. Now we live in different states and i work alone. Sure miss him yelling in my ear and getting that little extra out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammon View Post
    your going to owe big if you go back... lol
    I do bro. lol they have been nice but all the fights have been at my house.lol I am hoping to find something out thrusday. last x rays was not what they were looking for..

yh rite mate u an adult u must be kidding
    23 post and this is the best you can come up with...bro you are not off to a good start...be positive and grow some thicker skin...it is all good bro...

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    my partner stopped cuming to gym recently as well he dosent lift near me im 17 and bench 130kg he benches 50kg but i am now bored alone
    bye bye. hope you had fun while it lasted

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    I think "cumming" at the gym is generally frowned upon.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Awe your partner stopped cumming at the gym. So sad , must be sterile.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I have just gotten used to training alone, I have gone through many training partners over the years, you can see fairly quickly if its going to last, they just start making excuses for this for that, it fine by me, i just don't need that for my training so until i meet that someone with the hunger for training i just workout the best i can be myself. Life is made up of different people, i am glad that betting a good body is hard work.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    its rare to find a good training partner, not everyone makes bb a priority in their life, i find alot of people want to "live their life", i find that to be disgusting honestly. people would prefer to get wasted or party or eat junk food for temporary satisfaction and essentially be another no name on this planet

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnewton86 View Post
    its rare to find a good training partner, not everyone makes bb a priority in their life, i find alot of people want to "live their life", i find that to be disgusting honestly. people would prefer to get wasted or party or eat junk food for temporary satisfaction and essentially be another no name on this planet
    It's very rare, a lot of it comes down to timing too.

I have a great friend who I've lifted with since we were 16 years old. Always on and off, and it never last.

He's a morning guy, I'm an evening guy. My work is CRAZY in the summer, I have to make it in on short notice.

I think it's just important to have a partner on the days you need one. You can get by with out a spot on most exercises.

I just use the head phones and mirrors for motivation, ***** helps motivate also.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I work out alone for this reason. The vast majority of people are not dependable.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    none of my friends workout

so i dont bother with them

and my gym is all old ppl

so i cant even find a partner in there

which leads me to never having a training partner in the last 3 years ive been lifting

just me and my MP3 player son!!!!!

HOLLYWOOD.JACK is offline Associate Member
    Wish I had a training partner like the OP
    Seems like exactly what I'd need.

Thread Information