Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member

spotting crazy genetics?

i always hear of people saying many pro ifbb have crazy genetics in the first place which is why they are one the biggest in the world. i'm wondering, how do you infact know if you have amazing genetics to be able to reach an enormous size like kai, cutler, wolf, etc.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I watched a show on tv about a Welsh bber, his parents said that as a kid he was so skinny. No one would have ever guessed he could have been a bber, so imo you just cant tell until you've trained hard for a period of time...

dynamitekid is offline Junior Member
    a friend of mine has run two cycles already and doesn't look that great while another guy i know is straight edge, refuses to ever use gear or a ph, and is jacked.

my point is that everyone is different, bro. what matters is getting to a point where you understand your body and what your body needs in order to reach your personal goals. I think with hard work most genetic limitations can be surpassed.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    long term high HGH use makes most guys like that have great genetics. I mean they already had FAIRLY good genetics, on top of hyperlasia induced by HGH (splitting of muscle cells) they were able to push their genetics even higher.

So, some out there have crazy genetics others have fairly good genetics, but they all have been taking HGH for years now so its' given them more and more muscle cells to work with.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Measure the size of your balls.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i dont think you can tell - i look at kevin levrone and i dont see someone that id say wow he has great genetics to be a pro BB'er - yet he does.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Well, you'd have to do genetic testing.

Surreal is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo18 View Post
    i always hear of people saying many pro ifbb have crazy genetics in the first place which is why they are one the biggest in the world. i'm wondering, how do you infact know if you have amazing genetics to be able to reach an enormous size like kai, cutler, wolf, etc.
    1) Guys that are naturally big, strong and ripped without ever touching weights. An example of this would be Mike Tyson as a teenager.

2) I've read, forgot just where though, that naturally large calves are indicative of genetic predisposition for anaerobic strength.

3) The Chinese are known for selecting and training gifted children for their Olympic weightlifting program. One thing that their coaches look for when selecting children as potential trainees is the amount of arm hair they have. No idea what the science behind this is (maybe it's an indication of naturally high testosterone levels?), but I don't think anyone here is entitled to challenge the practices of the Chinese Olympic weightlifting program given the results they produce.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I believe having a six pack at a young age without any exercise is one indicator. For bodybuiling small wrists, ankles, etc. help create the illusion of larger muscles.

I'm not so sure about the calf rule. Look at Arnold. I have average lower legs. I get accused of using steroids and I'm completely natural. At 5'6 180 I bench around 400 give or take 10 pounds. I'm not really sure of my exact bench because I could care less.

Thread Information