countrybhoy is offline Associate Member

ireland strongest man

went to watch this in bangor yesterday ,good day was had by all .some powerful lads were there . but hell do alot of these boys look badly out of shape .

this is glen ross

he is also britians strongest man . look at the gut on that .lol.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    looks like he is pregnant.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    all the strong men cept the Pudg are like that for the most part....maybe not quite that bad but none of them are shredded besides him

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

I dont care how strong i was , i would never want to look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

I dont care how strong i was , i would never want to look like that.

m8 you need to see the size of this guy up close he has put another 4 stone atleast from those pitcures were taken i mean this guys stomach is sitting on his kness its distgusting . though i would not say that to his face lol

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countrybhoy View Post
    m8 you need to see the size of this guy up close he has put another 4 stone atleast from those pitcures were taken i mean this guys stomach is sitting on his kness its distgusting . though i would not say that to his face lol
    its all those irish breakfasts.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    What a great advert for irish people...

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    I bet the ladies tear clothes off and fvck him instantly when they hear about his strength

.....he is worse than fat bastard in the Austin Powers movies.

tyward is offline Associate Member
    Reminds me of the old Olympic wrestler, Chris Taylor. When he was asked if he ever lifted weights he said, "Yeh, I lift four hundred and fifty pounds out of bed every morning"...

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Glen Ross is a legend in strongman. He used to be a bodybuilder. I'll find some pics of him in a bit.

And of course you're wrong as usual Ruhl, most strongman aren't fat like that!!! Besides, I guarantee, no bodybuilder, not even Ronnie can handle as much weight as BigDaddy Glen Ross!!!

Glenn Ross!!! Here it is believe it or not!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-glen-ross.png  
    Last edited by BgMc31; 04-15-2009 at 01:45 AM.

All Strongman competitors are fat like Glenn Ross

The ignorance of some people...

Derrick Poundstone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-dp-2.jpg  

Jon Paul Sigmarrson
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-jon-paul-sigmarson.jpg  

The late Jesse Marunde
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-jm-1.jpg  

Kevin Nee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-kevin-nee.jpg  

Svend Karlsen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-svend-karlsen.jpg  

Manfred Hoebel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-manfred-hoerbel.jpg  

Two of the greats...Jon Pall Sigmarrson and Bill Kazmaier
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ireland strongest man-billjps.jpg  

Lastly about Mariusz, he doesn't stay shredded for all contests. The heavier the contest, the more bodyweight Mariusz puts on. The World's Strongest Man contest is considered a lighter, faster, contest (as compared to a contest like Fortissimus or The Arnold Classic Strongman). Therefore these heavier contests with less aroebic events require more body mass in order to move the heavier weights.

Just a little education for the uninformed!!!

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^ Mariusz is a guy that looks like he can compete in BB and Strongman shows.

The guy is a freak.

Love him!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Glenn Ross!!! Here it is believe it or not!!

you found that on google that aint the same glen ross. he has always been a big fat git . well for the last 20 years anyway .

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    rekon he'd mix his protein powder in a pint of guiness or ten. he's one big fu(kn rig

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Some of those guys are freaking fat.

Quote Originally Posted by countrybhoy View Post
    you found that on google that aint the same glen ross. he has always been a big fat git . well for the last 20 years anyway .
    WRONG, same Glenn Ross. Check any strongman forum and feel free to email any pro strongmen and they will tell you that was Glenn Ross and that pic was taken over 20yrs ago.

WRONG, same Glenn Ross. Check any strongman forum and feel free to email any pro strongmen and they will tell you that was Glenn Ross and that pic was taken over 20yrs ago.
    can you show me some others then m8 , because ive followed this guys strong man career for year right back to when he was going for the ulster championships when he worked as a bouncer and ive never seen him anything but fat . we use to laugh his car had all the stickers on uk strongest manand millions of different sponcers.

no mention here either http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Ross
    Last edited by countrybhoy; 04-15-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Both Forbes Cowan and former IFSA/WSM Douglas Edmunds can vouch for it. I'll contact a guy by the name of Garrick Daft, who is the official historian for World's Strongest Man, to get me more proof.

From the strongman historian...

By the way, Glenn Ross weighs 34 stone, that's 476lbs.

476lbs at 6ft tall, that's Glenn Ross

He used to get upto 300-350lbs in the off-season when he was a Bodybuilder and believe it or not he looked even fatter then than he does now, I guess he has added so much muscle mass that he doesn't look so fat at 450-500 (and Strongman training is more intense that Bodybuilding). Glenn was preparing for the 1996 Mr Universe, but he put on so much weight in the off-season that he decided to quit Bodybuilding because the dieting was driving him insane!

Glenn switched from Bodybuilding to Strongman in 1996, one of his first competitions was the British MusclePower Classic and he did very well early on in his Strongman career. He always wanted to be a Strongman, like Geoff Capes and Kaz, Dave Parkinson etc. Strongman appealed to him because he wanted to be a hero to kids, big burly men appealed to him and he wanted to be a Wrestler when he was a kid. It was only a matter of time before he switched from Bodybuilding to Strongman.

That picture of Glenn in this thread is from the 1993 Novice Mr Ireland, he didn't win that one. But he did win the 1994 Novice Mr Ireland and there is footage of him on stage in the documentary I mentioned - he looked abit bigger than in the photo of this thread.

Glenn said that he trains 7 days a week, gym training 4 days per week and event training 3 days per week. First thing on a Saturday morning, very early and very cold, he goes to the lorry yard to pull trucks. He does the rest of his Strongman training at a farm (carrying logs, pressing stones etc).

From the strongman historian...

By the way, Glenn Ross weighs 34 stone, that's 476lbs.

476lbs at 6ft tall, that's Glenn Ross

He used to get upto 300-350lbs in the off-season when he was a Bodybuilder and believe it or not he looked even fatter then than he does now, I guess he has added so much muscle mass that he doesn't look so fat at 450-500 (and Strongman training is more intense that Bodybuilding). Glenn was preparing for the 1996 Mr Universe, but he put on so much weight in the off-season that he decided to quit Bodybuilding because the dieting was driving him insane!

Glenn switched from Bodybuilding to Strongman in 1996, one of his first competitions was the British MusclePower Classic and he did very well early on in his Strongman career. He always wanted to be a Strongman, like Geoff Capes and Kaz, Dave Parkinson etc. Strongman appealed to him because he wanted to be a hero to kids, big burly men appealed to him and he wanted to be a Wrestler when he was a kid. It was only a matter of time before he switched from Bodybuilding to Strongman.

That picture of Glenn in this thread is from the 1993 Novice Mr Ireland, he didn't win that one. But he did win the 1994 Novice Mr Ireland and there is footage of him on stage in the documentary I mentioned - he looked abit bigger than in the photo of this thread.

Glenn said that he trains 7 days a week, gym training 4 days per week and event training 3 days per week. First thing on a Saturday morning, very early and very cold, he goes to the lorry yard to pull trucks. He does the rest of his Strongman training at a farm (carrying logs, pressing stones etc).
    m8 ok im wrong but it was before i knew of him . and to be honest he didnt last very long . but some of that stuff is incorrect he trains down the springfield rd in farrsets . still cant belive thats him though lol . but your right it was . my god what a difference 3 years can make

Tambit24 is offline Member
    The late Jesse Marunde
    What he died? When and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Tambit24 View Post
    What he died? When and how?
    Two years ago. He had a genetic heart defect, that went undetected. He had an enlarged heart and a thin wall in one of his arteries that burst. Many will blame steroids ...of course, but his wife and his doctor confirmed steroids had nothing to do with his death.

He collapsed after a rigorous training session.

Thread Information