tripmachine is offline Senior Member

HCG weight loss for women.....

What's this I keep hearing about HCG and weight loss for women? I know a few people doing it but don't know too much about it other than they are on some ridiculously low calorie diet while on it for 20-30 days..... what's up with this? Is it for women only? how does it work? Do you think it's good or bad? Just wanted to see what people thought....

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    It keeps them on their period so they're like perma loosing blood and cals...the pounds just fly off
    but you have to change the tampoon every 15 min

but seriously it doesn't work at all
    it's old bull-sheite witchcraft medicine

doctors did it many moons ago because it assured them of a steady clientele. Patients had to come in like a revolving door for injects and it keep them swimming in money.

Some jack ass brought it back by putting the technique in a book not too long ago saying the FDA has the cure for weight loss and won't let you have it or some such non-sense. What it comes down to is there is no evidence it works better than calorie restricition alone and any study saying otherwise is majorly flawed for some reason or another...so it should be forgotten as relivent medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    but seriously it doesn't work at all
    it's old bull-sheite witchcraft medicine

doctors did it many moons ago because it assured them of a steady clientele. Patients had to come in like a revolving door for injects and it keep them swimming in money.

Some jack ass brought it back by putting the technique in a book not too long ago saying the FDA has the cure for weight loss and won't let you have it or some such non-sense. What it comes down to is there is no evidence it works better than calorie restricition alone and any study saying otherwise is majorly flawed for some reason or another...so it should be forgotten as relivent medicine.
    cool man, thanks for the response to this... I was sort of iffy on the HCG method but I hear of all these women / girls doing this that I know and one of them is claiming her neighbor lost 28 lbs in 20 days.... I guess uninformed people think losing pounds means everything..... now losing weight in the right areas is the right way to go about it but many girls i talk to just care about what the scale says

The guy who put wrote the book was an idiot
    it only sold on infomercials...but the damage had been done and women who read the book shared their stupidity, more people started promoting it on the net. Ignorance spread and we're dumber for it.
    He got in some trouble legally for it I think.

I guess guys do HCG for weight loss too! lol ohhh man..... i hate how uninformed people let themselves get.... =( what an annoying world we live in

well, the whole thing came about between the 1930's and 50's
    some doc traveled to india and saw mothers who were living on 200 cals a day or something like that popping out healthy babies.
    He figured the HCG must mobilize fat stores so the baby can use it.
    He thought it helped convert fat stores to energy.
    It's just stupid, the baby has access to whatever's floating around in the blood. If it's enough that she can survive, it will survive. The fat stores mobilize as a result of starvation either way. So, they started doing studies starving people on HCG, big fvcking suprize, they lost weight.

The funny thing is though it might work in men because of the increase in test levels. That's just my guess...So you might have more muscle preservation meaning the energy has to come from somewhere so increased fat breakdown and better body compostion after a starvation diet. But anyway, I'll take a test cycle over an HCG cycle so that's stupid anyway.

14 research trials that measured the effect of the HCG hormone. 12 of the studies reported that the weight loss with the use of HCG was no greater that with the use of a placebo or with the use of a diet only. In all studies some weight was lost. It was concluded that the weight loss was the effect of following a 500 calorie diet. Then back in the 70's weight loss clinics changed their story, that it helped decreace appitite so you could more easily maintain the starvation diet. When that was disproved the FDA told them to cut the shit and stop promoting it.

lol!! wow... so basically people just starve themselves to lose the weight... hahaha don't they know the weight will come right back once they start to eat food again at a regular amount 1500-2500 calories a day vs. 500... there is NO WAY anyone will remain on 500 calories a day for too long, that's for sure. Once they get back to their regular eating they will probably gain the weight back really fast and then some on top of that.. oh well I guess it's good to be informed so thanks for sharing the info with me!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Dont laugh to hard. Its on its way back to mainstream for both men and women. Its helping a lot of obese people lose a lot of weight. 1-2lbs/day. Whether thats healthy or not, I dont know, but it can be had with a prescription. 500 cals/day and a set diet of how to eat them, what to eat and timing.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    yummy

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Dont laugh to hard. Its on its way back to mainstream for both men and women. Its helping a lot of obese people lose a lot of weight. 1-2lbs/day. Whether thats healthy or not, I dont know, but it can be had with a prescription. 500 cals/day and a set diet of how to eat them, what to eat and timing.
    They may be taking it while loosing weight, but it isn't helping them.

CHUCKYthentic is offline Anabolic Member
    check it out on you tube. alota peop have documented videos of it

^who needs studies when you have food starved ex-fatties to tell you what works^

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    my mom was getn hcg shots to lose weight back 40yrs ago and she said it worked. LOL she found a amp of HCG n the fridge when i was liven w her and was like WTF do u have this for lol.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Why cant these women just eat a healthy diet and get their asses on a treadmill.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post
    Why cant these women just eat a healthy diet and get their asses on a treadmill.
    LOFL DO u not juice? A women wants a edge to...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
    LOFL DO u not juice? A women wants a edge to...
    Losing fat is eas unless you're already 10%, which these women clearly arent. Putting on muscle when you get to a level is hard and drugs are necessary to put more on, its not the same thing at all. These are lazy women with little willpower, not guys like us that have perfectly structured diets and training that we strictly keep to.

Whoops wrong thread

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    hcg doent do shit all or we'd all be using it. i heard it makes womens balls bigger as well. not sure if thats good or bad.

marvin-r is offline New Member
    hcg arizona (human Chorionic Ganadotropin) is a hormone that is produced by the placenta and maximizes the functional capacity of the body's control centers in the hypothalamus. One center in the hypothalamus, "the fat bank", controls the movement and distribution of fat throughout the body. hCG mobilizes abnormal fat and releases it as a source of energy and nutrients.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    french fries

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Fish and chips..

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm4life View Post
    french fries
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mad matt View Post
    fish and chips..

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tripmachine View Post
    What's this I keep hearing about HCG and weight loss for women? I know a few people doing it but don't know too much about it other than they are on some ridiculously low calorie diet while on it for 20-30 days..... what's up with this? Is it for women only? how does it work? Do you think it's good or bad? Just wanted to see what people thought....
    My friend runs a gym in AZ, its huge over there. They take 200 iu's ed on a 1000 cal diet. They say it strips bf off. My friends and his wife just started it this week here in NY, so soon Ill see for my self.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    It works BB in Europe use it to drop fat and keep there muscle I know a few who swear by it. But hey what ever works right, HCG for weight lose or Injectable muscle.

sizerp is offline Banned
    My mom did an HCG cycle for 6-8 weeks I believe, she lost a LOT of lbs... around 1-2lbs/week. I've seen it work, and my mom always had trouble losing. It is kinda shitty the way they made her eat very low carbs throughout the day, but I don't see a problem with it, it's almost like a Keto diet.

The results were pretty fantastic I must say, but she's post-menopause too, so maybe it's different for other younger women.

hmmm, I wonder why since 1975 the FDA has required all marketing and advertising of HCG to state the following: “HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or ‘normal’ distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

The history and science behind this diet is pure quackery driven by greedy doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    My friend runs a gym in AZ, its huge over there. They take 200 iu's ed on a 1000 cal diet. They say it strips bf off. My friends and his wife just started it this week here in NY, so soon Ill see for my self.
    think it might have something to do with the 1 k cal diet?

hint: cause it does

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    think it might have something to do with the 1 k cal diet?

hint: cause it does
    I hear you, at that amount of cals anyone will lose weight, but they are talking about LARGE amounts of weight. Not a few pounds.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information