gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

credit problem and ford

i had a truck i leased through ford that was stolen a month before the lease was up. I made the last payment. My insurance company was taking for ever to pay Ford because they were investigting. Months go by i never heard anything and i get a bill from Ford for over 4k. The truck was apparently recovered and that was for miles and damages. Ford sold the truck at auction before my insurance company or i could see it. My insurance wont pay they didnt see it. Ford has no photos just a form they wrote stuff on. Now its on my credit. I fought it with the credit agency and lost because ford jsut sent my lease agreement and the forms they filled out. The credit agency just looks at that and says i owe.

What can i do to fight this or get it off my credit report

higherdesire is offline Banned
    File a suit in small claims court. You can do that for up to 5k. File it for 5k. Ford will send lawyers, but you can handle it yourself. When you are in court ask for the five grand and the bureau to be updated with correct info. It will cost you $50 and some time. It is worth a shot if it is like you say it is then you should win. If you loose against Ford, then sue the insurance company in the same small claims court. OR file them both as defendants if you can. Let the judge do the work for you.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    I would get a lawyer for sure or at least talk to one, you definitely have a case.

-JJ-

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Thats your punishment for buying a ford in the first place. Consider this a learning experience.

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Thats your punishment for buying a ford in the first place. Consider this a learning experience.
    i work for ford and i wouldnt buy one

it was a mercury ah same shit i got a good deal at the time

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    WOW dude, you got raped, fvck you must be pissed, I would be just freakin right now, man I hate getting r1pped off! Fight this, its your credit and you need that for ever.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    any lawyers on here or wanna be's?
    agreed, u got fuvked-sorry

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Thats sucks bro . hope it would turn out good for you .

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    at least call legal aid, see if they can give free advice.

you got fukt, and not even with lube, and you didn't get a reach around or dinner!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post

you got fukt, and not even with lube, and you didn't get a reach around or dinner!
    Sounds like a typical friday night for m.....

Nevermind.

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a typical friday night for m.....

Nevermind.
    LMFAO! you just made my day DSM.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-S-Thompson View Post
    i work for ford and i wouldnt buy one
    same here, but im proud of the product we build.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    File suit against Ford and you Insurance company, By law they have hold the truck before they can sell it. So your insurance company can file a claim on also. The insurance company you have is a joke I would sue them till they fvcking pucked on them selfs. I know this because I repo cars for a living and if they are damaged I hold them till the Insurance company comes and looks at them be for I release them to the creditor . They can not be sold until they are released from the insurance company.

J431S is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i had a truck i leased through ford that was stolen a month before the lease was up. I made the last payment. My insurance company was taking for ever to pay Ford because they were investigting. Months go by i never heard anything and i get a bill from Ford for over 4k. The truck was apparently recovered and that was for miles and damages. Ford sold the truck at auction before my insurance company or i could see it. My insurance wont pay they didnt see it. Ford has no photos just a form they wrote stuff on. Now its on my credit. I fought it with the credit agency and lost because ford jsut sent my lease agreement and the forms they filled out. The credit agency just looks at that and says i owe.

What can i do to fight this or get it off my credit report
    Maaaaaaan, u are screw'd up big time. You need two lawyers to defend your case. One against Ford and the other against your Insurance agency. The question then should u spend over 4k in attorney fees or to better fixed your credit by paying the 4K they claim u owe them? LOL

Go with your first instinct!

I really dont think i would have a case agianst the insurance company. They requested to see the vehicle and ford already sent it to auction. Its not there fault. And they arent gonig to pay just like me for damges nobody saw.

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    same here, but im proud of the product we build.
    are you an engineer

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    Vehicle is stolen and a claim is filed. Insurance company will usually settle within 30 days unless it is sent to their fraud unit. Once it is in the hands of fraud, they can stall indefinitely.
    The settlement for the vehicle is based on an average of wholesale and retail and has nothing to do with the residual value set by leasing company. In your case, the insurance company paid the value of the car, not the value of the lease. There was a gap between the two. Not the Insurance companies issue, not the coverage they provide.
    So if there is a gap, its your problem. Sorry.

The mileage issue may have some merit. Leasing companies will usually persue this revenue with internal council. Regardless of who comes after you, negotiate. Depending on the state, anything over 3k and you can not represent yourself. Point being it will cost you to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatrix View Post
    Vehicle is stolen and a claim is filed. Insurance company will usually settle within 30 days unless it is sent to their fraud unit. Once it is in the hands of fraud, they can stall indefinitely.
    The settlement for the vehicle is based on an average of wholesale and retail and has nothing to do with the residual value set by leasing company. In your case, the insurance company paid the value of the car, not the value of the lease. There was a gap between the two. Not the Insurance companies issue, not the coverage they provide.
    So if there is a gap, its your problem. Sorry.

The mileage issue may have some merit. Leasing companies will usually persue this revenue with internal council. Regardless of who comes after you, negotiate. Depending on the state, anything over 3k and you can not represent yourself. Point being it will cost you to defend.
    us miss read me. Yes it was sent to fraud and not paid on the theft. But the truck was recovered and ford got it back. So the insurance company wouldnt have to pay on the theft.

Ford is saying it was over the miles which it was close when it was stolen. Also ford said it has damages to it. So my collision coverage would cover that but ford sold it at auction before anyone can see the damages. Ford has not pictures of odometer or damage just paperwork. So insurance wont pay without seeing it.

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    us miss read me. Yes it was sent to fraud and not paid on the theft. But the truck was recovered and ford got it back. So the insurance company wouldnt have to pay on the theft.

Ford is saying it was over the miles which it was close when it was stolen. Also ford said it has damages to it. So my collision coverage would cover that but ford sold it at auction before anyone can see the damages. Ford has not pictures of odometer or damage just paperwork. So insurance wont pay without seeing it.

Got it. So you satisfied the lease obligation. Once it gets to the fraud unit, all bets are off until they have resolved their concerns. If this dragged on for months, Ford would have gotten anxious and perhaps within their right to midigate loss. In other words, if they felt they would not recover from the insurance company within reason, they always had you.
    So it has gone beyond the talking stage and sent to collections. Once collections is done with it (Read Fair credit act), it will go to legal. You may have one more opportunity then to negotiate. If you agree with the settlement, don't renege. Legal will get a judgement fast. That will stick with you for 20 years. Find a way to negotiate down by using the findings from your Insurance fraud unit. If they concluded that it was not fraud, but hesitated in settleing on the collision coverage, you may have some leverage. If it was fraud, you are screwed, pay and move on.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    f-that...dont pay and move on...
    enough of the little guy taking it for these failing corps...they dont expect u to fight it, they count on guys like u to pay it and move on...again, f-that, go see an attorney, call ur local news station, the last thing an american car company needs is bad press...

good luck man.

J431S is offline Banned
    I really dont think i would have a case agianst the insurance company. They requested to see the vehicle and ford already sent it to auction. Its not there fault. And they arent gonig to pay just like me for damges nobody saw.
    True...but what makes u think why they didn't swiftly act to investigate his case? I think they were deliberately dodging it to make it collect dust so they won't pay, do u see what I'm saying? In other words they knew the lien holder of the truck which was Ford in his case will act to investigate the case in order to collect the residual balance on the contract. This looks like a premediated fraud on the side of the insurance co in my opinion.
    Last edited by J431S; 05-29-2009 at 08:13 AM.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post
    enough of the little guy taking it for these failing corps...they dont expect u to fight it, they count on guys like u to pay it and move on...again, f-that, go see an attorney, call ur local news station, the last thing an american car company needs is bad press...

good luck man.
    Exactly, Bro go talk to a lawyer, you should be able to find one with free consultation.

-JJ-

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman33 View Post

good luck man.
    Good call.

Blog Entries

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    ^^ Fail

Thread Information