Thread: Please Help!!!

SP1
    SP1 is offline Associate Member

Please Help!!!

What up fellas! So here's the problem; I live in a condo and the f-ing prick next to me has been complaining that I am running a business out of my garage. The association forbids it. Now I live in California so you know. So I finally confronted him because I tried to do it on the DL but it didn't work. He says he doesn't want to be liable if something happens to someone that I am training. He says that he can get sued!!! What the f... can I do! I don't want to move it to a gym because they're going to charge my ass to much and I don't have that many clients!! This son of a biiiitch is messing with my livelyhood!!! I wanted to knock him out but that won't solve this. Would insurance cover it?? Does anyone know of a good company. Can anyone help me out??? I would appreciate the advise. Thank you

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    hmm idk but ill bump for you to drive some traffic

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1 View Post
    What up fellas! So here's the problem; I live in a condo and the f-ing prick next to me has been complaining that I am running a business out of my garage. The association forbids it. Now I live in California so you know. So I finally confronted him because I tried to do it on the DL but it didn't work. He says he doesn't want to be liable if something happens to someone that I am training. He says that he can get sued!!! What the f... can I do! I don't want to move it to a gym because they're going to charge my ass to much and I don't have that many clients!! This son of a biiiitch is messing with my livelyhood!!! I wanted to knock him out but that won't solve this. Would insurance cover it?? Does anyone know of a good company. Can anyone help me out??? I would appreciate the advise. Thank you
    You would probably get more clients if you trained in a gym seem more legitmate. Training people out of the garage seems really odd. I believe he could get sued if he knew about it and didnt report it. I could be completely wrong tho on that part. Seriously tho train people in a gym.

SP1
    I get it but the gym pays shiiiiit!!! And it's a really nice set up not just a run down garage. It even has gym commercial flooring!!

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    can you afford a business license? Get your clients to agree that they are just coming over to work out and they arent paying you,the nieghbor has to prove it right?
    If you run out of options by me a plane ticket and I will take care of your little problem, cheap.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Maybe slip him a few dollars here and there to stay quiet and tell him there just friends that you enjoy sharing your hobby with.... Only do the money thing if u think he's the type to take it.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    that a tough one...i hate busy body neighbors but if you have one thats a stickler to the rules you are screwed...my only two suggestions would be

1 - if you know an attorney so you dont have to pay - he can look at the association bi-laws and see if there is loop hole - there usually is

2 - if suggestions #1 doesn't work - you are SOL buddy - gotta find somewhere else to train or you will be fined until you are kicked out...

cost of being a renter with an association.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro, break every window of his car every week until the fuc.ker moves out.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^ ok, that too LMAO!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    bro, break every window of his car every week until the fuc.ker moves out.
    Agreed!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You decided to live there. Either live by the rules or go somewhere else.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Rape him with a db

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    Or train him in your gym until he strokes out and wait 2 hours to call for help

Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    can you afford a business license? Get your clients to agree that they are just coming over to work out and they arent paying you,the nieghbor has to prove it right?
    If you run out of options by me a plane ticket and I will take care of your little problem, cheap.
    I agree with this,get them to work out while you wear training gear like sweatpants or whatevery you call them, and don't take money from them on the property just incase anyone walks in on you or anything.If anyone asks what is going on just say they are friends of yours and you are not recieving any money.They would have to prove you are.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    who the fk gonna go to someones garage to train and pay for it. ha, sorry dude but thats just lame. If im payin 50 plus bucks and hour to train i want a nice gym with every piece of equipement i can think of.

SP1
    LOL some of your options were pretty funny! You'd be surprised how many people like the convinience of not going to a gym!! They like the privacy and it's not a dump! It actually in very good shape!!! But either way thanks fellas. I'll let you know what happens. The guys says his main concern is the liability. So I am going to make a liability release form for my clients so that should ease the problem. I spoke to a lawyer and she said that would work. Afterall it is a contract and after they sign it they can't put a lawsuit!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    LOL some of your options were pretty funny! You'd be surprised how many people like the convinience of not going to a gym!! They like the privacy and it's not a dump! It actually in very good shape!!! But either way thanks fellas. I'll let you know what happens. The guys says his main concern is the liability. So I am going to make a liability release form for my clients so that should ease the problem. I spoke to a lawyer and she said that would work. Afterall it is a contract and after they sign it they can't put a lawsuit!
    i dont understand how your neihbor would be liable if someone got hurt on your property. I would still get insurance.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    If one of the new trainees was doing the "swing curl" that they are notorious for, they could lose grip and the entire barbell could go flying through the wall and land on the neighbors toe and break it in 3 places requiring several surgeries and months of rehabilitation.JMO

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    yeah ur neighbor is a joke. he would never get sewed over anything like that. ive done some super ****ed up things and i have never been found guilty of anything. i love when people think they are gonna get in trouble for things like this.

a friend of mine had a similar prob,he fixed cars in his garage,the neighbour got onto the tax office so alvin just rented a cheap garage on a sh*tty industrial estate.

so why not find a local gym,bung the owner a few quid and train there....you can have more customers and better equipment...

quiet gyms would welcome the business..then you could ignore you div neighbour.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    just knock the dude out .... fer!!! or say your lifing with your friend

Thread Information