Chopperbox is offline Associate Member

Why do you think Steroids were banned?

We all know that in 1991 government passed a law that restricted steroid use . They are only available through a physician and only in rear and some where extreme cases.

But why is that, steroids improve your health, keep you in shape, help stay lean which decreases chances of heart attacks. Drugs like Deca improve immune function and so on.

How come cigarettes and alcohol are legal. There are more alcohol related deaths in one day then in 50 years of steroid use in this country. Cigarettes are full of poison, increase chances of heard disease and cancer, make ones life shorter. How come those things are legal?!

I think it is in governments benefits that people dont live as long. People spend more money on medicine once they get sick thus more money from taxes. On top of that if all of the sudden millions start living on average to 90+ years other then 75+ thats 15 years of extra social security payments government has to pay and medicare.... its saves money if people shorten their life and dont live on gvt aid. Sad to think that we are a controllable and renewable resource to the ones in power.....

What do you guys think, why roids were banned?
    Last edited by Chopperbox; 06-11-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    because a canadian beat an american.......... (ben johnson)

and americans cant have that.

so they had to make an excuse why they were beat. steroids were the easy target.

/thread

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    because a canadian beat an american.......... (ben johnson)

and americans cant have that.

so they had to make an excuse why they were beat. steroids were the easy target.

/thread
    Really?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    That and Lyle Alzado freaked everyone out by saying he got brain cancer from steroids . Fact is he is the only person on the planet to have brain cancer from juice there for it is not true and was a knee jerk reaction based on a Sports Illustrated article.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    **** it, I'm glad they're banned.
    Just another thing that separates me from the mainstream.
    More fun for me!

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Because the President and Congress got scammed by their source. It pissed em off and they said F** it. We cant get Large and in charge then No one can.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperbox View Post
    We all know that in 1991 government passed a law that restricted steroid use . They are only available through a physician and only in rear and some where extreme cases.

But why is that, steroids improve your health, keep you in shape, help stay lean which decreases chances of heard attacks. Drugs like Deca improve immune function and so on.

How come cigarettes and alcohol are legal. There are more alcohol related deaths in one day then in 50 years of steroid use in this country. Cigarettes are full of poison, increase chances of heard disease and cancer, make ones life shorter. How come those things are legal?!

I think it is in governments benefits that people dont live as long. People spend more money on medicine once they get sick thus more money from taxes. On top of that if all of the sudden millions start living on average to 90+ years other then 75+ thats 15 years of extra social security payments government has to pay and medicare.... its saves money if people shorten their life and dont live on gvt aid. Sad to think that we are a controllable and renewable resource to the ones in power.....

Politics

icepick27 is offline Member
    ^^^^^^ agree 100%

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Cus to many people want to drink winni...

Look at the personalities on this website...do you honestly need an answer to that question? Could you imagine if there were no legal ramifications for the behavior of some of the members here?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

But why is that, steroids improve your health, keep you in shape, help stay lean which decreases chances of heard attacks. Drugs like Deca improve immune function and so on.

What? Decrease chance of heat attack? Better immune system? Good luck proving that. Quite honestly it ain't good for your health all other things equal.

The banned it because steroids were taking off in use and becoming the price of admission for anyone wanting to compete in sports. So, you'd have kids fvcking themselves up at a young age. It was largely underground and black market and unregulated.
    They should be banned with less effort put on physician controled script.
    You don't want to live in a country where everyone uses steroids or even a high percent of the population. Big shit you're big, who cares, so is everyone else. If you're getting your juice, I don't see the problem with the way things are.

They need to get the bullshit out of the media about baseball players using and such. That's the reason kids are taking it up in record numbers, and that's going to mean more regulation down the line.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Main reason was for sports cheating.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ben F'en Johnson

Some countries in Europe where steroids are legal, their percentage of population that uses AAS is fare less then US. Maybe due to the fact that more people are involved in sports here then anywhere in the world.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    In America? The Olympic 'embarrassment' I guess.
    Huge over reaction imo.
    Also, i guess it gives the feds (or wot ever u call em) relatively safe drug-busts, for practice against the (better) armed crack dens etc. If you get my meaning

Some countries in Europe where steroids are legal, their percentage of population that uses AAS is fare less then US. Maybe due to the fact that more people are involved in sports here then anywhere in the world.
    or maybe because those countries are poor and the people don't go to the gym because they're more focused on scraping together a menial living.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Because steroids are evil

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    Same reason moonshine is Illegal...... The feds cant regulate it

and therfore CANT GET THIER ---TAX TAX TAX--- MONEY

It all comes down to money.

If the government could find a way to let everybody smoke crack, and they got tax revenue form it ... Theyd do it ......

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Last edited by *RAGE*; 06-11-2009 at 05:44 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    they banned them because the us govt couldnt find a way to make money off them

that and bc vp biden didnt get on the college baseball team and the juicers did

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    or maybe because those countries are poor and the people don't go to the gym because they're more focused on scraping together a menial living.
    Are you kiddng? Euro a worth more then a US dollar that tells us that the economy is better there. I have been in sveral place in Europe and people are not poor my friend.

scerpico22 is offline Anabolic Member
    because alcohol and cigs over time get people sick, liver, lung..cancer etc. all this allows the gov to make money with the insurance companies.

keep the people sick and the rich get richer...why do you think there is no national health plan? because there is no money in that!!!

pretty simple if you ask me...

smell the beans my man...big brother has you by the gonads

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    hey one question
    did marion jones get caught using? or she admited?

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    hey one question
    did marion jones get caught using? or she admited?
    i think she admited because someone was saying she used them and she knew it was going to come out anyway.
    what about that freak of a woman serina williams, you think she juiced ever?

Gilster is offline Member
    Lyle Alzado and his lying ass

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Go into the Q/A and you will understand why in 5 mins.

haha dbol only

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Glad its banned, otherwise everyone at the gym will be huge and I wont standout anymore. lol

IBuryyou is offline New Member
    the politicians were the nerdy ones that got beat up in high school by muscleheads. Damn they showed us.

Iron_Pig is offline Member

But why is that, steroids improve your health, keep you in shape, help stay lean which decreases chances of heart attacks. Drugs like Deca improve immune function and so on.

Because you can tax it

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    We all love steroids ! that's why we are here... lolol!

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    because they are bad

Are you kiddng? Euro a worth more then a US dollar that tells us that the economy is better there. I have been in sveral place in Europe and people are not poor my friend.
    what country were you in that steroids were legal?

Thread Information