Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member

I have a dandruff problem

I have taken every shampoo known to man and monkeys: Head Shoulders, Head shoulder medicated shampoo, T-Gel, some other medicated shampoo used to specifically dandruff, and none of them cause it to go away.

I can literally shake my head and watch flakes come off, I think its because of high hormone levels I have or something.

WHAT THE **** CAN I DO? I can't wear black shirts because I am too self concious that some will fall off onto my back or something...BIG TURN OFF.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Cut your head off....

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    shave ur head, wear a hat for the rest of your life......

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    don't wash your hair.

grow it long.

always wear black.

tell everyone, "dandruff is in...where have you been?"

It will catch on all over your campus!

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member
    have you tried a sexual lubricant yet?

TRT,MAN is offline Member
    try using bar soap instead.

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    try leaving the shampoo in your hair for 10 minutes, rub deep in scalp, and do this everyday, this is the only thing that workd for me.

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRT,MAN View Post
    try using bar soap instead.
    don't do this it will dry it out worse!

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    Don't use anything, after a few weeks you hair sorts itself out.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    get naked and shake it

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe this is why no girls want you

too good looking. pfshh

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    get naked and shake it
    Want me to take pictures and send it to you so you can verfiy if I am doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    maybe this is why no girls want you

too good looking. pfshh
    You can't see because my hair is pretty short right now, only I can tell when I run my hand through my hair I can feel the scalp is crumbling.

Also I take showers before I go out so its not like I let it build up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Want me to take pictures and send it to you so you can verfiy if I am doing it right?

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    use a shampoo w/ selium sulfide

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Your dandruff could be caused by several things. Fungus, bacteria, insects, nutrition, stress, allergies, poor hygeine, some sort of disease.

Best thing would be to see a dermatologist for them to do a proper test and diagnosis. Sometimes, though, you can do some simple thing and fix the problem yourself.

If your problem is caused by a fungus (not unusual), you can probably fix it by changing the pH level on your scalp to make life unpleasant for the fungi. Do this by rinsing your hair after your shampoo (twice a day) with diluted vinegar. Use white vinegar from the supermarket (it won't smell as bad as the other types) and mix one part vinegar to 5 parts water. Use this for the final rinse after you shampoo your hair in the shower. Do this twice a day for a week or two, and if your problem is fungus, this should take care of things.

Maybe you have a bacterial problem, in which case you could use a bit of boric acid on your scalp. Get yourself a couple bottles of Jeris hair tonic (usually available at Sally Beauty Supply, or maybe at WalMart, or an old-time authentic barbershop). It comes in two varieties, regular and with oil. You'll want the sort without oil. Wet your hair and scalp thoroughly with this stuff when your hair is dry. Apply until two bottles are empty, or until your problem is gone.

Maybe you have some sort of insect infestation. Lucky you, the FDA recently approved Benzyl Alcohol to treat lice infestations, and it should work on other parasite problems too.
    I dunno how often it will need to be applied, but try a couple applications on your scalp before bedtime, and of course, launder all your clothes and bed linens in superhot water to kill any lingering bugs.

Chances are, though, that if the regular anti-dandruff shampoos won't work, either vinegar or boric acid will do the trick.

Good luck . . .

Oh, one other thing comes to mind . . . if your scalp is super-oily, then your problem could be something else; the name of the condition escapes me at the moment. Washing your hair multiple times a day won't help (could hurt, actually); and if ending your cycle doesn't fix things, then you'll need to see a dermatologist for a cure.
    Last edited by Tock; 06-11-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Your dandruff could be caused by several things. Fungus, bacteria, insects, nutrition, stress, allergies, poor hygeine, some sort of disease.

Best thing would be to see a dermatologist for them to do a proper test and diagnosis. Sometimes, though, you can do some simple thing and fix the problem yourself.

If your problem is caused by a fungus (not unusual), you can probably fix it by changing the pH level on your scalp to make life unpleasant for the fungi. Do this by rinsing your hair after your shampoo (twice a day) with diluted vinegar. Use white vinegar from the supermarket (it won't smell as bad as the other types) and mix one part vinegar to 5 parts water. Use this for the final rinse after you shampoo your hair in the shower. Do this twice a day for a week or two, and if your problem is fungus, this should take care of things.

Yeah my mom said the same thing, I think I will try this one out got nothing to lose

Maybe you have a bacterial problem, in which case you could use a bit of boric acid on your scalp. Get yourself a couple bottles of Jeris hair tonic (usually available at Sally Beauty Supply, or maybe at WalMart, or an old-time authentic barbershop). It comes in two varieties, regular and with oil. You'll want the sort without oil. Wet your hair and scalp thoroughly with this stuff when your hair is dry. Apply until two bottles are empty, or until your problem is gone.
    Hopefully its not bacteria, I will try this as well. How much does Jeris hair tonic cost usually?

Maybe you have some sort of insect infestation. Lucky you, the FDA recently approved Benzyl Alcohol to treat lice infestations, and it should work on other parasite problems too.

I doubt it because my current anti-dandruff has BA in it as a main ingrident and it isn't doing **** for my dandruff

I dunno how often it will need to be applied, but try a couple applications on your scalp before bedtime, and of course, launder all your clothes and bed linens in superhot water to kill any lingering bugs.

Chances are, though, that if the regular anti-dandruff shampoos won't work, either vinegar or boric acid will do the trick.

Good luck . . .

Oh, one other thing comes to mind . . . if your scalp is super-oily, then your problem could be something else; the name of the condition escapes me at the moment. Washing your hair multiple times a day won't help (could hurt, actually); and if ending your cycle doesn't fix things, then you'll need to see a dermatologist for a cure.
    Thanks for the advice

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Shave all your hair off and use lotion on your head.

rummyjoe is offline Junior Member
    This is a serious indicator that you most likely have...
    Cancer of the AIDs

Don't worry its easily treatable.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by rummyjoe View Post
    This is a serious indicator that you most likely have...
    Cancer of the AIDs

Don't worry its easily treatable.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Shave your head!

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Shave all your hair off and use lotion on your head.
    even short hair works I had to do this in highschool because alaska is so dry

Blog Entries
    you have fungus, ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    shave your head...

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    sounds weard, but panama jack tanning location let set for a couple of hours, done it and it worked.....always have a dandruff problem after a cycle and found this worked on accident what you got to lose but dead skin give it a try......

normaljoe is offline Junior Member
    You might have psoriasis. Get a script for topical steroids . Your Md should be able to help if OTC stuff won't work. I have it too, but I change off between t-gel and head and shoulders and keep my hair short (high and tight) I prefer to cover my ears, but I would rather had big ears hanging out, than flakes on my shirt.

I just rub moisturizing lotion into my hair/scalp, as I have dry skin up there. Makes your hair soft, and keeps your scalp in good shape. Girls like soft hair too...

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    I had Dandruff on my Sac, Turned out to be crabs. I love seafood.

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    Nizoral is suppose to be good for dandruff, I just got some because its also suppose to make hair thicker/stronger/maybe regrow.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    I have taken every shampoo known to man and monkeys: Head Shoulders, Head shoulder medicated shampoo, T-Gel, some other medicated shampoo used to specifically dandruff, and none of them cause it to go away.

I can literally shake my head and watch flakes come off, I think its because of high hormone levels I have or something.

WHAT THE **** CAN I DO? I can't wear black shirts because I am too self concious that some will fall off onto my back or something...BIG TURN OFF.
    do you use gel in your hair? the alcohol can dry your scalp

DONT WASH YOUR HAIR WITH HOT WATER!!!

dont wash your hair every day

Thread Information