Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member

let me know if this is "crossing the line"

i know theres no rec drug talk, but i get prescribed percocet so its not really asking about using it recreationally, its from my doc. anyway, there was a thread not too long ago asking about opiates while on cycle and if its bad for you, well in that thread i asked what could possibly cause opiates (specifically percocet for me) to lose there effectiveness while on a cycle? i get no pain relief from them anymore, and i def havent built up a tolerance to the point where absolutely nothing would happen after taking them. this started happening AS SOON as i started my cycle...

ive searched for hours for some sort of explanation, havent come up with anything besides steriods hitting "sigma opiate receptors" i guess maybe this somehow blocks the analgesia assosiated with opiate use? anyone have any ideas here?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    try oxy LMAO!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    try oxy LMAO!

~Haz~
    rofl well i have gone to higher doses which i didnt really want to say and make this thread go more towards the recreational use of them... but trust me, NOTHING works. period. i dont get it!?!

well i have to sign off but im hoping tomorrow someone might have some info on this... if any mod has a prob with this thread feel free to delete it no prob, but im hoping this has happened to some1 before that can maybe shed some light...?

Yergg is offline Junior Member
    ive used vicodin prescribed by my doc from a leg muscle pull. I only had 20 or 30 of them and they didnt lose there effect. I know if your on oral anabolics and opiates your being hard on your liver.....

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    try oxy LMAO!

~Haz~
    same active ingredient.

Theres two possible explanations, neither of which have anything to do with steroids , but ill help you out anyhow.

1) you are tolerant to the dosage you are currently at
    2) oxycodone is not effective at treating the cause of the pain. believe it or not, NSAIDS such as ibuprofen can be significantly more effective for some types of pain.

Western Man is offline Associate Member
    I've gotten really nasty muscle pulls in my lower back and Ibuprofen at 800mgs worked for me. Well, several 800mgs pills completely killed the pain. And this wasn't ordinary pain --- this was I am staying in bed and not moving all day pain.

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member
    why were you prescribed an opiate in the first place

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

hoggage....idiot

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

good GOD this forum

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    same active ingredient.

Theres two possible explanations, neither of which have anything to do with steroids , but ill help you out anyhow.

1) you are tolerant to the dosage you are currently at
    2) oxycodone is not effective at treating the cause of the pain. believe it or not, NSAIDS such as ibuprofen can be significantly more effective for some types of pain.
    ive tried higher dosages, i should feel something.. i know already that it "should" work, it only stopped working literally as soon as i started my cycle... i went from having no tolerance at all, to not being able to feel them at all in a matter of days... it didnt progressively get weaker like you would see if you built a tolerance.. its gotta have something to do with my cycle... well my cycle is almost over so ill test it out when im done and let you guys know if they work again...

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    fake pain killers

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm

jbm

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    fake pain killers
    Do you trust your source? lol

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-S-Thompson View Post
    its gotta have something to do with my cycle... well my cycle is almost over so ill test it out when im done and let you guys know if they work again...
    it doesnt have to have anything to do with your cycle. i take steroids and most painkillers hit me like a ton of bricks, even more-so than most people.

they must therefore be more effective because i use steroids - No. it doesnt work like that.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    i agree Jigga, i take steroids and also prescribed pain meds and notice no difference on or off cycle.
    ur body can develop a tolerance to the meds quickly, esp with opiates. however be carefull once u travel down this path, they can grab you before u know it....

ok so i found a study that says high doses of vitamin c takes away opiate analgesia, and i started taking high dosages around the same time i started my cycle, so i think i might have found my reason... if anyones interested in the article ill pull it up again, its long though

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member

Never Cross The Line!

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    bro here is the deal, if your in pain you need to get some help with that... the problem is that the docs dont want to help you too much cause they are liable for the scripts they right for you, and to justify why they dont write more or dont "help" is calling you a druggy or and abuser... if your in pain you have to kill the pain some how

so, what happens next? get second third and more op's. till you can find some one to help.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    bro here is the deal, if your in pain you need to get some help with that... the problem is that the docs dont want to help you too much cause they are liable for the scripts they right for you, and to justify why they dont write more or dont "help" is calling you a druggy or and abuser... if your in pain you have to kill the pain some how

so, what happens next? get second third and more op's. till you can find some one to help.

good luck

yea i know what you mean, it was vitamin c blocking it the whole time, ever since i started taking 3/4 grams a day... i found a bunch of studies about vitamin c being used as a new treatment for opiod dependancy.. it said how high enough doses will eliminate analgesia and it could even bring someone back from being under anesthesia.. interesting stuff, i stopped the vitamin c and waited a bit to make sure it was out of my system, and low and behold, my pain meds work again! im so glad i found those articles... thanks for the concern tho man

Thread Information