kojak_x is offline Associate Member

Should Personal Trainers look like there in shape?

Im sorry but I feel personal trainers should look like they actually workout. So often I see trainers that obviously have not applied there own knowledge to them themselves. Im sure on a subconscious level a individual looking for a trainer will choose someone that looks in decent shape over a trainer doesn't. Personally I have no idea how some trainers ever even get hired.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

I see dedic8ed1 lurking so i better say something constructive or he'll yell at me again.

Ummm i agree.

Dave-D is offline Junior Member
    ^^x2

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    100% agree.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    If you want to take it serious and reach a higher salary potential. But most trainers are ****ing douchebags who know jack shit.

Not everyone is a Milos or Charles Glass.
    ***No source checks!!!***

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    If you want to take it serious and reach a higher salary potential. But most trainers are ****ing douchebags who know jack shit.

Not everyone is a Milos or Charles Glass.
    Or MuscleScience!

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    it depends, my town is a college town so most of the kids that come in the gym want to look like surfers, so our trainers our perfect for them, very few actually want to lift

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    it depends, my town is a college town so most of the kids that come in the gym want to look like surfers, so our trainers our perfect for them, very few actually want to lift
    they shoudl go surf then lol

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    they shoudl go surf then lol
    we're in the middle of texas, no ocean or lake within 300miles

we're in the middle of texas, no ocean or lake within 300miles
    Surf board, swimming pool and some fat friends to dive in and cause waves.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak_x View Post
    Im sorry but I feel personal trainers should look like they actually workout. So often I see trainers that obviously have not applied there own knowledge to them themselves. Im sure on a subconscious level a individual looking for a trainer will choose someone that looks in decent shape over a trainer doesn't. Personally I have no idea how some trainers ever even get hired.
    x3 agree.

DEE151 is offline Productive Member
    at my gym there be a lot of trainers and they all look like they just walk in to get a job and there is nothing big about them

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know if they look the part here . But they have certificates showing they know there stuff . My concern is they show new gym members these super advanced routines . When these gym's have member drives they include a couple free sessions with a professional . Some of these people are obese , out of shape and new to a gym . I seen them doing weightless lunge walking on tread mill , advanced circuit training . These new gymletes get burned out before they are able to enjoy basic gym fundamentals .

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    lets be honest here.. if your concerned about the look of your trainer your retarted... he could be some genetic freak who has some BS certification and doesnt know jack shit just happens to have good genetics.. then you can have the guy who knows his shit inside and out but has shitty genetics and/or lifestyle. seen it go both ways, i like to stay in shape because people are just stupid and go by looks not crudentials, hell most people dont know anything about the certifications in the business.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by kojak_x View Post

it's a meat grinder that's for sure.. my gm hires stirippers and "champagne hostesses" great to look at but damn, not a braincell between any of them..

The new membership gm is in shape, i've lifted with him, it's about the # of people then can get in the door.. plain and simple..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    lets be honest here.. if your concerned about the look of your trainer your retarted... he could be some genetic freak who has some BS certification and doesnt know jack shit just happens to have good genetics.. then you can have the guy who knows his shit inside and out but has shitty genetics and/or lifestyle. seen it go both ways, i like to stay in shape because people are just stupid and go by looks not crudentials, hell most people dont know anything about the certifications in the business.
    i agree and disagree with this^^^

here's my reasoning: if i were to hire a trainer i would ask for a couple things, first i would ask for certifications, then i would ask how long they have been in the game, diet experience, training experience and what they think is there best area

here's where i differ from your opinion, a major thing i would look at is how the person looks and presents themselves, especially if they say they have been in the game for several years, because if they say, "Yeah, i've been a trainer for 8 years, i'm great with diet and i think i could really bring your training to the next level", now i look at him and he's 6'1 180lbs at 12%

i'm not paying for that

i agree and disagree with this^^^

here's my reasoning: if i were to hire a trainer i would ask for a couple things, first i would ask for certifications, then i would ask how long they have been in the game, diet experience, training experience and what they think is there best area

here's where i differ from your opinion, a major thing i would look at is how the person looks and presents themselves, especially if they say they have been in the game for several years, because if they say, "Yeah, i've been a trainer for 8 years, i'm great with diet and i think i could really bring your training to the next level", now i look at him and he's 6'1 180lbs at 12%

i'm not paying for that
    very true with the 2nd part, but then again it could be somebody that has been training for years, and is too time consumed with another profession whereas this is part time and they have other priorities, but nonetheless there knowledge is not only up to par but excellent. im just saying because i know of trainers less in shape than me that know their shit... but it is defiantely AGREED THAT ITS BETTER TO HAVE BOTH

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I try and sleep with all the personal trainer.....just gives me power over them...

If I was going to spend the money I wouldn't have a trainer that looked like shit, but then again I wouldn't spend the money. Training isn't that complicated, if you keep it simple and train hard you will get results. Go to failure on 1 or 2 working sets, eat good, and if you're lucky enough have good genetics then you're good to go.

the business should be more versatile and people should really be seeking traienrs who have a background in nutrition because after all.. diet will dicatate all your progress

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Lord, I look better than all the personal trainers in my gym. One chick looks amazing and this other dude is in good shape.. All the rest are slobs.

kojak_x is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontwannabold View Post
    I don't know if they look the part here . But they have certificates showing they know there stuff . My concern is they show new gym members these super advanced routines . When these gym's have member drives they include a couple free sessions with a professional . Some of these people are obese , out of shape and new to a gym . I seen them doing weightless lunge walking on tread mill , advanced circuit training . These new gymletes get burned out before they are able to enjoy basic gym fundamentals .
    Wow you hit the spot dead on, another one of my dam pet peavs, what the hell are these dam trainers doing with people doing one arm dumbell press on a ball. I find some trainers just make shit to complicated for these new people. Anyone starting out should be shown real world movements and then applied at the gym.

ray0414 is offline Member
    i would at least want a trainer to appear like they work out, dont have a big gut and look nice. they dont have to look like htey compete by any means, but at least look like you take care of yourself.

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    the gym I worked out at today was pathetic, I saw 3 trainers there. 1 was maybe 5'7, 145 at 14% BF, one was 6'2, MAYBE 150, looked like a heroin addict, and the other was a 60+ year old woman with a fat gut.

I was just coming in for a free work out, then got the sales pitch for membership, they offered personal training. I laughed.

Iron_Pig is offline Member
    they should be in shape I agree

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    I think it would help looking the part... I saw this one person who had their client doing like 55lbs deadlifts. I was shocked. You would think they would have most of them on the treadmill. Most of the people I see are really over weight and not ready for some of the routines they have them doing. Yeah it is funny seeing the people on those balls trying to do some advanced exercise, when they should be doing just the basics... sometimes I get confused who the client is and the trainer? Just my 2 cents... But when I 1st started lifting, I did hire a trainer. Lucky it was at this old gym and the guy looked the part and actually knew what he was talking about. I did just the basics and all worked out>

J431S is offline Banned
    I agree trainers should be in shape themselves so their motivation effort won't just be a lipservice. But then again this will ignore the "leadership-n-coaching skills" in those who are not in shape but have that special motivating talent that oftem keeps atletes to go another extra mile. I think in so many ways it really do depend on the individual trainer whther in shape or not.

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    I don't think the have to be a monster but they should have some level of fitness.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    im taller. leaner and more muscular then any of the trainers in my small gym

and im not even in that great of shape.

its sad.

plus i watch them give ppl their "training"
    they do the most stupid, worthless exercises i can imagine

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    I agree with the comments regarding the training situation.

BUT if i was serious about training id most defiantly be judging the trainer buy his/her physic.

I want to be a F***ING MONSTER so id not employ a skinny runt to show me weights or diet.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    on a similar topic....

a friend of mine went to a dietician. i went with, to hear the shitty advice...

the dietician was outside having a smoke when we walked into the office.

and he was OBESE...

he then had the nerve to be like "smoking is bad for you,and if you dont drop your weight, you run the risk for diabetis and heart attacks"

yet he was DISGUSTING and worse off than my friend.

we walked out laughing.

Thread Information