Thread: Ar10 or m1a

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries

Ar10 or m1a

OK, I'm thinking of buying another Armalite AR-10.Or another Springfield M1A.I have an expensive collection already, so I figured this to be the last buy.I have all the mags for each already, so it seems like a good idea.I am kind of gravitating toward another AR-10.This post is for the PRO-GUN bro's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    OK, I'm thinking of buying another Armalite AR-10.Or another Springfield M1A.I have an expensive collection already, so I figured this to be the last buy.I have all the mags for each already, so it seems like a good idea.I am kind of gravitating toward another AR-10.This post is for the PRO-GUN bro's out there.
    Isn't it a pain in the ass having those type of weapon's in Massachusett's? From what I have alway's heard their gun law's are really strict.

Blog Entries
    No, they go buy the Clinton assault weapons ban criteria.I have a Class 1 License to carry large capacity weapons.Also a FFL lic.No problems.

vingtor is offline Associate Member
    well if you got an exspansive collection, and you have both but leaning towards the AR, maybe spend a few days with both guns, go to the gun range, take a load off, see what you liek and dislike about both, you might even decide a spaz action rifle might do the trick!

Blog Entries
    It's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.I could spend the money on gear.But, who knows.There both great weapons.The AR is more ergo friendly.Faster acquisition engagements on targets.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    It's better to have and not need, then to need and not have.I could spend the money on gear.But, who knows.There both great weapons.The AR is more ergo friendly.Faster acquisition engagements on targets.
    Explain to me how in hell you would ever need an AR-10? (other than hunting)

Blog Entries
    Engaging targets in specific shooting competitions.There are alot of different competitions to list.Some are just AR competitions.It depends.Like there are just long range comps for 50 Cal's ,( You Know The Scary Ones that the media has pumped up ).Please, all x-military people know how to use them and are proficient with them.It's not just myself.But I'm getting into politics, and that attracts alot of flys on the forum.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    You know my TAKE on our 2nd Amendment Rights Bro !!

AR-10 all the way !!!

But then again if you had the option of the Bushmaster .50BMG Carbine w/ 22inch BBL. I would say that one but ya dont so I have to say AR-10 lol...

Titanium and I both HAVE extensive WEAPON collections in SHTF !! I.E.- Zombies, Taliban, ALL OUT NATIONAL RIOT WHEN THE ECONOMY CRASHES... anything.. WE ARE READY !! And I personally think that EVERYONE that can should be exercising their 2nd Amendment rights to their FULLEST. Because I sense sometime in the near future something is going to Happen.. You wait.. You'll see. Maybe not today or tomorrow or even 5 years from now.. But I bet within the next 2 decades something goes TOTALLY wrong on OUR HOME SOIL... And for that I AM MORE THAN WELL PREPARED !!

DOM6 is offline Member
    458. socom or a beowulf

DOM6 is offline Member
    but my favorite gun is a berreta cx4 storm 40cal. mini rifle with the eotech

Blog Entries
    Deuce, It wont take 20 years.Not even 10.You'll see it happen with in this administration.I guess that I read alot of the worlds history,I know that civil unrest is always a concern.Actually,the civil war wasn't that long ago, if you look at the time lines.When a loaf of bread costs 25 bucks, and gasoline is doubled,you'll see what a failed government pushes people into.I think marshal law would happen to quelch the riots, but there are more police officers and military people that will not carry out executive decisions against the people of the U.S.I can protect myself and my own, and the people that don't prepair for it , will be knocking on my front door for protection.Look at what our country has been through already.The Taliban only understands death.That is why they are willing to die for what they believe in.When ever your advisory is willing to die for what they believe in, your at a disadvantage.I know the rules of engagement.And these people don't care about them.OK-I went kinda into politics on this one, but I am right anyways.

HUH??

Really??

Why?? I gotta know why your fave choice would be one that fires a .40cal round.. however great of a cartridge that is for close range handun fire.. (ACCURACY OF 9MM WITH KNOCKDOWN POWER OF A .45) It would only be good in close quarters.. and when speaking close quarters.. NOTHING beats a 12 gauge auto-loading Benelli Shotty !! Hahaha..

Not saying that I wouldnt wanna have one of those Beretta CX-4's myself.. they seem to be a nice unit...

There is just so much more out there... I AGREE WITH THAT .458 SoCom !! Now that's a sick AR ROUND !! I OWN ONE MYSELF !! The upper receiver fits snuggly with the removal of the pin and swing it into place onto the ar-15 lower assembly and BANG .458 SOCOM !!

Look at that ?? Which would you rather slam into an intruder's chest?? Hahaha

That's it after the conversion.. LOOKS JUST LIKE A REGULAR AR-15 don't it?? WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED THOUGH !!!

Don't get me wrong.. I love my 5.56 too !! but when I go to sleep at night I have both ready to go... In all reality SOMETIMES I switch out the 5.56 for the 6.8 SPC but IF i need to use it.. then I am screwed !!! I can NOT for the life of me FIND AMMO ANYWHERE for the 6.8 ... I think the MILITARY + LEO bought it all up... not in stock anywhere.. I GOT 50 rounds.. that's it.. I got over 5000 5.56.. so hmmm which one remains my GO TO WEAPON??

Wow I just turned this into a BOOK about me... SORRY TITANIUM !!!

You know how I get when I start talking about GUNS !!

Hey since you are in MASS.. that's not too Far from ME... WE should GO SHOOTING !!!

Blog Entries
    Man, I'm getting excited! All this talk is great.I wanted to buy a Barret 50,but I opted for something else.Ready?I have a Ed Brown A-5 tactical rifle in 300 win mag.Custom stock, (McMillan), a custom mussel brake, a Leupold Mark 4 scope, 8x32x50,sitting on a Harris by pod.All in a pelican case.I figured that I could engage targets out to say, 1200 yards easy.That is a more of a easy rifle to snipe with.The 50 is for well over 1500 yards.see what happened, Now I want a 50 cal!Shit man, I can't control myself with this subject.

I have a DPMS .308 and I love it. It's moa right out of the box.

Blog Entries
    Simplicity is the essence of true beauty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar10 or m1a-a5tactical.jpg   Ar10 or m1a-a5-tactical-b-final.jpg   Ar10 or m1a-a5-tactical-detail-2.jpg  

DOM6 is offline Member
    1 of my ar's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar10 or m1a-ar.jpg  

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM;4***308
    Man, I'm getting excited! All this talk is great.I wanted to buy a Barret 50,but I opted for something else.Ready?I have a Ed Brown A-5 tactical rifle in 300 win mag.Custom stock, (McMillan), a custom mussel brake, a Leupold Mark 4 scope, 8x32x50,sitting on a Harris by pod.All in a pelican case.I figured that I could engage targets out to say, 1200 yards easy.That is a more of a easy rifle to snipe with.The 50 is for well over 1500 yards.see what happened, Now I want a 50 cal!Shit man, I can't control myself with this subject.
    I got the barret 50 and love it...I got a hook up on rounds and now can really get out and shot more then once a month...something about all that power and distance......ps...I shot a hog with it a couple weeks ago...GD if it didnt make the sausage for me...lmao

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage;4***329
    I got the barret 50 and love it...I got a hook up on rounds and now can really get out and shot more then once a month...something about all that power and distance......ps...I shot a hog with it a couple weeks ago...GD if it didnt make the sausage for me...lmao
    thats got to be way over kill fog a hog
    but sounds like fun

ever go combat hoghunting?
    o fuk is that crazy and fun as fuk, my brother was up near G.A. for a couple months and said you got to come up here and try this, so i went up there and we went hog hunting at midnight with NV, i had my 458. and he had a 300 win with a nv scope on it, so we went to a feeder, there was like 6 of us and i swear like a heard of these fukers showed up, we hid and let them get real close then, all hell broke loose, there was like 20 of them running in every direction i was dropping them left and right, was fun as fuk
    Last edited by DOM6; 07-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    The 458 looks like a African big plains round. Like the Lott.People ask me why I like the 1911's so much.I say because john Browning designed that round to take down any man.Some say that a nine is enough.My reaction to that is, what would you rather get hit with? A golf ball moving really fast, or a "BOWLING BALL"!Nines are effective with most hollow point ammo.I own a few of them.I have always fancied the 230 gr. Hydra shock.That's what I carry.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by DOM6;4***334
    thats got to be way over kill fog a hog
    but sounds like fun
    well you live in hog county as well....and yes over kill but hella fun...

Blog Entries
    The deuce and Prone are just trying to get me jealous.And it's working!!!LOLOL

DOM6 is offline Member
    another 1 of my projects i sold off
    i had 8 different AR15s but sold to a nice mark up due to obama
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ar10 or m1a-ar1.jpg  

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage;4***340
    well you live in hog county as well....and yes over kill but hella fun...
    aw im in south FL i cant shoot shit down here, legaly

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM;4***308
    i took my concealed class thru him, Great guy

DOM6 is offline Member
    I was going to get that 6.8 lefty from stag but said screw it, to many ars, so went and bought a Mini 30 with a butler creek side folding stock

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce;4***275
    HUH??

Really??

Why?? I gotta know why your fave choice would be one that fires a .40cal round.. however great of a cartridge that is for close range handun fire.. (ACCURACY OF 9MM WITH KNOCKDOWN POWER OF A .45) It would only be good in close quarters.. and when speaking close quarters.. NOTHING beats a 12 gauge auto-loading Benelli Shotty !! Hahaha..

Not saying that I wouldnt wanna have one of those Beretta CX-4's myself.. they seem to be a nice unit...

There is just so much more out there... I AGREE WITH THAT .458 SoCom !! Now that's a sick AR ROUND !! I OWN ONE MYSELF !! The upper receiver fits snuggly with the removal of the pin and swing it into place onto the ar-15 lower assembly and BANG .458 SOCOM !!

Look at that ?? Which would you rather slam into an intruder's chest?? Hahaha

That's it after the conversion.. LOOKS JUST LIKE A REGULAR AR-15 don't it?? WHOLE DIFFERENT BALL GAME ONCE THE TRIGGER IS PULLED THOUGH !!!

Don't get me wrong.. I love my 5.56 too !! but when I go to sleep at night I have both ready to go... In all reality SOMETIMES I switch out the 5.56 for the 6.8 SPC but IF i need to use it.. then I am screwed !!! I can NOT for the life of me FIND AMMO ANYWHERE for the 6.8 ... I think the MILITARY + LEO bought it all up... not in stock anywhere.. I GOT 50 rounds.. that's it.. I got over 5000 5.56.. so hmmm which one remains my GO TO WEAPON??

Wow I just turned this into a BOOK about me... SORRY TITANIUM !!!

You know how I get when I start talking about GUNS !!

Hey since you are in MASS.. that's not too Far from ME... WE should GO

SHOOTING !!!

looks like you have some SBR's

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    LWRC M6A2 in 6.8mm gas piston with 14.7" barrel.... If you already have weapons in 5.56 and .308, why get another one? The 6.8mm is the future, so invest in one. Thats my opinion...

To Immortal...Many people own several cars, SL55 AMGs, Rolls Royce Phantoms, etc, etc. Do those people need those items? No, but they want them. It is not up to you, nor the government to decide what someone NEEDS. Additionally, it is a Constitutional RIGHT, not a privilege, not an option, to own firearms. The Constitution makes no distinction as to what type of firearms, what caliber, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6;4***364
    another 1 of my projects i sold off
    i had 8 different AR15s but sold to a nice mark up due to obama
    wow that's NICE !!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6;4***365
    aw im in south FL i cant shoot shit down here, legaly
    WHY ?!?! How do the laws differ down there??

That is bs tho man, id be pissed... fcking gvrnment !! Making it so there are places u can and cant shoot... i hate it... our FORE FATHER'S Thought it so important that they made it THE 2ND !! THE 2ND FVCKING AMENDMENT on the constitution!! That is how much they valued our FUTURE RIGHTS TO OWN ARMS !!!

This is one reason why I love MAINE so much... all I have to do is open my back down and let as many rounds of any caliber RIP downrange !!! And NO ONE CARES.. They come out and either join in or give a THUMBS UP!! Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6;4***373
    I was going to get that 6.8 lefty from stag but said screw it, to many ars, so went and ought a Mini 30 with a butler creek side folding stock
    I love the 6.8 !!

BUT

The mini 30 is so sick !! You can put the BULL PUP STOCK on it hahaha so convertible... kinda like the MOSSBERG 500... which I have 3 of... lol... all in different stocks and gear up differently.. lol...

One Holds Slugs,

One 000Buckshot

And One now get this ... hahahahaah is loaded with.. wait for it... wait for it...

BEANBAGS !! Hahahahah

Empty 5 rnds of bean bags into someone just to put them down then beat the PISS and SH1T out of them with my fists for B & E my premises..

But yah.. I love the MINI-30...

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6;4***375
    looks like you have some SBR's
    HUH??Whats that mean??

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather;4***509
    It is not up to you, nor the government to decide what someone NEEDS. Additionally, it is a Constitutional RIGHT, not a privilege, not an option, to own firearms. The Constitution makes no distinction as to what type of firearms, what caliber, etc.
    THANK YOU !!!!

and

AMEN TO THAT !!!

Couldnt have said it better myself...

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by thegodfather;4***509
    It is not up to you, nor the government to decide what someone NEEDS. Additionally, it is a Constitutional RIGHT, not a privilege, not an option, to own firearms. The Constitution makes no distinction as to what type of firearms, what caliber, etc.

Agreed X 10!!!!!

DOM6 is offline Member

sbr

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce;4***673
    wow that's NICE !!

WHY ?!?! How do the laws differ down there??

That is bs tho man, id be pissed... fcking gvrnment !! Making it so there are places u can and cant shoot... i hate it... our FORE FATHER'S Thought it so important that they made it THE 2ND !! THE 2ND FVCKING AMENDMENT on the constitution!! That is how much they valued our FUTURE RIGHTS TO OWN ARMS !!!

This is one reason why I love MAINE so much... all I have to do is open my back down and let as many rounds of any caliber RIP downrange !!! And NO ONE CARES.. They come out and either join in or give a THUMBS UP!! Hahah

I love the 6.8 !!

BUT

The mini 30 is so sick !! You can put the BULL PUP STOCK on it hahaha so convertible... kinda like the MOSSBERG 500... which I have 3 of... lol... all in different stocks and gear up differently.. lol...

One Holds Slugs,

One 000Buckshot

And One now get this ... hahahahaah is loaded with.. wait for it... wait for it...

BEANBAGS !! Hahahahah

Empty 5 rnds of bean bags into someone just to put them down then beat the PISS and SH1T out of them with my fists for B & E my premises..

But yah.. I love the MINI-30...

HUH??Whats that mean??

THANK YOU !!!!

and

AMEN TO THAT !!!

Couldnt have said it better myself...
    Well here in FL. every rifle barrel must be 16" yours looked smaller so there called SBR you need a tax stamp to own 1

yea you have to shoot at the range here or go to jail oe get guns taken away, the line to even shoot is like a 4 hour wait on weekends, really suks

Thread Information