Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Baron is offline Associate Member

Ambien doesnt work for me anymore, anything better i can try?

Any better sleep meds i can ask my doctor for?

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I liked Lunesta

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I liked Lunesta
    is it stronger than ambien? i rlly liked ambien alot back when it still worked.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I think it is pretty strong. I believe is comes in 1mg, 2mg, and 3mgs if that tells you how little you need.

but I think the body can get used to any sleep aid after a while, so its good to rotate a few if you can

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I liked Lunesta
    I use ambien once in a while. Lunesta is NOTHING like ambien. To me itls like Tylenol PM

I love ambien, especially the side effects if you dont sleep. LOL

Have you given it to a wife/girlfriend? it's fun to watch someone on it and they dont remember anything in the morning. ANY inhibitions your wife/girlfriend might have are GONE once they take ambien. LOL

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I use ambien once in a while. Lunesta is NOTHING like ambien. To me itls like Tylenol PM

Have you given it to a wife/girlfriend? it's fun to watch someone on it and they dont remember anything in the morning. ANY inhibitions your wife/girlfriend might have are GONE once they take ambien. LOL
    Bro first your pedophile comments, now you use prescription sleep medication to date rape girls? Damn....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Bro first your pedophile comments, now you use prescription sleep medication to date rape girls? Damn....lol
    LOL, YOU are the one making the age claim, I never said anything about anyone under legal age.

No the ambien was used by the wife. I didnt even know about the side effects or ever use it until after she had been on it for a while. She liked to play 5+x a week anyways but when she took the ambien she was really wild.

A buddy of mine said the same thing, his GF who was mostly all hollyier than tho when she took the ambien turned into a sex hound and wanted to do everything. LOL

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    a doctor once gave me a script of seroquel for sleep OMG that shit is strong. Knocks you right out, but you feel like a zombie all day which sucks

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    my doc prescribes me valium. I love it. but be careful if you have a addictive personality.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I never had ambien work for me! I did want to try the new Ambien CR it is suppose to be far superior to original ambien. but as Dobie said, a nice Valium or actually any type of Benzodiazepene will work. I actually get Klonopan right now and I lik valium bettr but they both work. I will say for sure that "Zanny Bars" (Zanax) are by far the best!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    sex.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I took a 200mg Seroquel in Vegas when I lived there! I think I slept for 3 days!! that shit is not for me!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Any date rape drug works well, at least my victims think so...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Any date rape drug works well, at least my victims think so...
    True. Last time i slept at MM's i woke up unable to find my cloths or virginity !

Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    I never had ambien work for me! I did want to try the new Ambien CR it is suppose to be far superior to original ambien. but as Dobie said, a nice Valium or actually any type of Benzodiazepene will work. I actually get Klonopan right now and I lik valium bettr but they both work. I will say for sure that "Zanny Bars" (Zanax) are by far the best!
    CR is ok but not really any better than the normal ambien. the only problem I have had with ambien is if I get the generic. I swear that 1/2 of it was fake. I had several that did NOTHING for me but the real ambien works great.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    True. Last time i slept at MM's i woke up unable to find my cloths or virginity !

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    xanax....works like a charm

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    sex.
    thats the only thing that work for me

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is a good option, if you've been taking sleep aids, I'd say 100mg 30-45mins before you want to sleep would be good.

You can try benzodiazepines although they're addictive and you should not be on them for prolonged periods of time if you can help it. You risk having seizures if you stop them abruptly.

This would be shooting a fly with a bazooka, but as Bojangles mentioned, Seroquel (Quetiapine Fumerate) has a very pronounced sedative/tranquilizing affect. 25mg-50mg is enough to put you out on your ass for 8 hours. It's an A-typical antipsychotic used to treat schizophrenia and bi-polar/mood disorder. It has off the label uses for anxiety/G.A.D./panic disorder. There is somewhat of a social stigma attached to it if you know anyone that works in healthcare I would not advertise it, they might think you're nuts. Anyway, that's probably the best sleep aid I've ever tried, 8 hours of sleep and no groggy hangover feeling the next day.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i take 3 300mg somas

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Rohyphenol. lol

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    Rohyphenol. lol
    if i hadn't seen "the hangover" i wouldn't have known what you were talking about

CR is ok but not really any better than the normal ambien. the only problem I have had with ambien is if I get the generic. I swear that 1/2 of it was fake. I had several that did NOTHING for me but the real ambien works great.
    You're right there, the generic ambien's aren't the same for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by illwillogical View Post
    You're right there, the generic ambien's aren't the same for some reason.
    Legally it's supposed to be the same BUT I swear I have taken several that are blank. They did NOTHING.

So to the OP, if you are taking generics try to take the original and see what you think.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    vodka....

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skully44420 View Post
    if i hadn't seen "the hangover" i wouldn't have known what you were talking about
    lol....

mikenam69 is offline New Member
    Try getting off the meds since your body has apparently built a tolerance... just exhaust yourself with a strenuous day and then turn off all the lights and shut the door and blinds when it's night time and then lay there. Consciously try to start seriously relaxing every minute part of your body one thing at a time and typically I'm asleep before my chest.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    a doctor once gave me a script of seroquel for sleep OMG that shit is strong. Knocks you right out, but you feel like a zombie all day which sucks
    yep, used that in jail
    its rough stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    I took a 200mg Seroquel in Vegas when I lived there! I think I slept for 3 days!! that shit is not for me!
    Yeh I'm not sure that crap is actually for anyone, its half life is so fvckn long you never wanna wake up... ever lol

I am a total insomniac, they have tried ambien, trazodone, seroquel, risperdone, lunesta, and probably a few other things I'm forgeting. Ambien is the best because it wears off and you're not droggy. But I'm in the same boat as you I have built up a tolerance to it. Alternating from Lunesta to Ambien worked the best for me. Also it's not good for you, but drinking some beers with the ambien makes it a little stronger.

monkeyman33 is offline Associate Member
    The best sleep comes through the use of three legal pills. Valerian, melatonin, and l-tryptophan. Those three pills together will make you sleep like a baby every night and it is not addictive or anything. Great stuff.

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    Legally it's supposed to be the same BUT I swear I have taken several that are blank. They did NOTHING.

So to the OP, if you are taking generics try to take the original and see what you think.
    Not according to my doctor, she told me FDA only requires drug companies to use 80% of the actual drug in generics. Not saying they all do that but i'm sure alot of them due. I can take 2 generic ambien and get nothing but alittle buzz feeling, but if i take one name brand i'm out like a light in a 1/2hr.

-JJ-

Darksyde is offline Member
    restoril.

playboii is offline Senior Member
    try drinking then take ambien lol itll do the trick cup of wine will do the trick

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYJAMES;479***1
    Not according to my doctor, she told me FDA only requires drug companies to use 80% of the actual drug in generics. Not saying they all do that but i'm sure alot of them due. I can take 2 generic ambien and get nothing but alittle buzz feeling, but if i take one name brand i'm out like a light in a 1/2hr.

-JJ-
    Thats not true. What can affect the efficacy of generic drugs are the inert fillers used and the sources which they use to produce the drugs. Bioequivalence and Bioavailability are factors when considering a generic drug. Formulating a drug in a different manner using different inert fillers can cause it to be utilized by the body at different rates, levels, and blood plasma concentrations. Also, the FDA only requires that the drug be within +/- 7% of the stated concentration. Meaning a 100mg tab could be 93mg's or 107mg's. There is not however any provision allowing them to only include 80% of the active ingredient. Additionally some generics are produced in other countries where the standards for manufacturing them may not be as stringent as a company like GSK, Phyzer, or AstraZeneca...The standards for production in third world countries is often lackadaisical.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman33 View Post
    The best sleep comes through the use of three legal pills. Valerian, melatonin, and l-tryptophan. Those three pills together will make you sleep like a baby every night and it is not addictive or anything. Great stuff.
    If you're gonna go the natural route passion flower will put you on your ass. I believe is the same plant they tied around jesus christ when he was dead.

Valerian to me was a bit weaker, melatonin never did anything and I took the 5-htp (think its a form of tryptophan, didnt do much)
    I still think when you go the natural route it depends so much on the where you buy it.
    It I buy passion flower from Vitamin Shoppe it NEVER does anything, when I buy it fresh off ebay it knocks me out completely. +I've noticed huge variances in brands with valerian.
    The same dose of one can do nothing while the same dose of another works well, so thats pretty important to.

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    i jerk off before bed...

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Halcion.

yeah man i know exactly what you mean. ambien is prob my favor drug ever, its so annoying how you build a tolerance 2 it so fast.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    maybe try remeron. its been shown to remarkably reduce cortisol levels and its an anti-depressant and it increases appetite and it makes you sleepy (its supposed to be taken before bed). most of the other stuff like benzos are a recipe for dependence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information