Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

HELP!!! Any advice, previous experience, or insight NEEDED!!

I am about to get fired from my job for, "falsificatoin of an injury". Its a long story, but I got hurt at work and the company is claiming that I didnt get hurt at work. They are going to fire me, Im nearly certain, but in about a year my case will go in front of a public law board where they will rule that the company was wrong and make them give me my job back. Here is the problem; I dont want to go back to work for them any more. I want to go to crane operating school, but I need unemployment benefits to survive while Im in school. If I dont resign anywhere I try to get a job at will find out I was fired for "falsification of an injury" and not hire me. If I resign before they fire me I dont think I will be eligible for unemployment benefits and then not be able to afford to go through the crane operating school. Can I get unemployment if I resign?
    ANY advice or information would be VERY appreciated. Im in a real jam here. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    get an attorney asap bro....

end of story.

Ya, I got an attorney to handle my injury settlement. I will get my job back in a year when my case goes in front of a judge, but I cant wait a year to go through this training. What I really need is to be able to collect unemployment even though I resign so I can survive while I go through the school.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Basically, attorney would be able to advise you better.

My wife has a similar thing going on, but even though the circumstances are different, the end result will be the same.

No job.

I hate attorneys, but some time you need them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Ya, I got an attorney to handle my injury settlement. I will get my job back in a year when my case goes in front of a judge, but I cant wait a year to go through this training. What I really need is to be able to collect unemployment even though I resign so I can survive while I go through the school.
    What kind of work were you doing? The job market isn't that viable right now,

I would find something to bridge the gap between jobs.

School may have to be put on the rear burner.

I am a freight train engineer and there is going to be alot of work involving cranes because of the bill Obama signed in to fix the nations infrastructure. I am pretty sure I could get a job fairly shortly after I get outta school, I just gotta be able to get unemployment while I go through school and not have to tell any future possible employers that I got fired for "falsification of injury".

Blog Entries
    Is it union???

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    Is it union???
    Ya..

Blog Entries
    Did you talk to your union rep? This thing sounds hokus-pokus to me.

Either the union will help you or screw you.

How many years there??

And do you know anybody inside that can have an influence???

Ya, my union rep is kinda ignorant though. I have been with the company for 5 years. No one can really change anything except the guy who works for the company who reviews the companys investigation of their allegations against me and then decides rather or not I am "falsifying the injury". Basically, the company is pissed cuz I am filing suit against them for the injury and even though they know I will get my job back in a year, they will fire me just to try to hurt me or offer to come back to work and agree to drop the suit against them. they are tryin to starve me into dropping the case.

Blog Entries
    Ya, my union rep is kinda ignorant though. I have been with the company for 5 years. No one can really change anything except the guy who works for the company who reviews the companys investigation of their allegations against me and then decides rather or not I am "falsifying the injury". Basically, the company is pissed cuz I am filing suit against them for the injury and even though they know I will get my job back in a year, they will fire me just to try to hurt me or offer to come back to work and agree to drop the suit against them. they are tryin to starve me into dropping the case.

Oldest strategy in the book. Now, if they knew you had $20,000 in the bank, they would just say f*ck it, and move on to someone else. Good Luck.

DOM6 is offline Member
    unless they prove that^ "IN A COURT OF LAW" they cant tell anyone that is why you got fired, Its called Defamation of character "SLANDER" major lawsiut if they do that

westco28 is offline Junior Member
    why dont you check into the operators union you would go thru 3 or 4 years of apprentice school and get paid while doing that two birds whit one stone

Quote Originally Posted by westco28 View Post
    why dont you check into the operators union you would go thru 3 or 4 years of apprentice school and get paid while doing that two birds whit one stone
    Ya, I have looked into that, but my school is gonna be paid for so Im gonna go to a tower crane school. I think if I go through the school I will skip the apprenticeship and go right into crane operation. correct me if Im wrong, Im not possitive on that.

bump for more information

Thread Information