Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse View Post
    I am so apathetic in life its starting to scare me. I have seen therapists/counselors and tried to get help even meds. I just do not care about anything in life. If my parents died tomorrow im not even sure I would shed a tear. WTF is wrong with me
    Most parents don't know what they're doing, and they usually turn out to be lousy parents. But that's usually because they never had good parental role models.

My parents were like that. When my dad died, it didn't bother me much, but it did bother me that it didn't bother me. But later I did cry. Not because he died, but because of the loss of what could have been. And the same thing will probably happen when my mom dies.

More than likely, there isn't anything wrong with you. You probably have excellent reasons why you don't feel much enthusiasm about anything. Probably, your life sucks.

If your life sucks, it's probably because you are not getting everything you think you deserve. If that's the case, then the first thing you should do is opt out of the life that's advertised on commercial TV. Sell your TV. Cancel your cable service. Get your own life instead.
    Instead of watching other people's adventures on TV, get your own life, wander into your own adventure. If funds are tight, find a group of like-minded people dedicated to something, and join in.

You might benefit from reading some self-help books, which are available for cheap from used book stores. If you don't know which ones to start out with, try some classics like "I'm OK, You're OK," and "Your Erroneous Zones." If you can find an old copy of "Quality Is Free," you'll discover that besides being an excellent philosophy for business, it's an excellent part of a philosophy of life.

Get a new skill in something, or improve an old skill.
    Make yourself useful to someone for something.
    Take up jogging or running. The endorphins will make you feel great.

Do something today that you didn't do yesterday. If you don't change what you're doing now, you'll feel as miserable tomorrow as you do today (I'll give you a double-your-money back guarantee on that).

Without more specifics, I can't really offer any other suggestions . . .

----

One thing that I really wish somebody would do is,
    I wish that someone would write a book about shining shoes. If you check on Amazon, there are zero books on that subject, and it seems to be skill that is passed down from person to person, OJT. Even at that, it's hit or miss, and if you get a shoe shine guy who doesn't know everything he needs to know, then he can screw up a good pair of Italian leather shoes with a well-meaning application of Kiwi.
    If you don't have anything else better to do, how about putting all the good information from shoe makers and shoe polish makers, and experienced shoe shine people, in a book or manual or something, and selling it to shoe repair shops, shoe shine people, and barber shops? And sell it on Amazon, too.

Just a thought . . .
    Last edited by Tock; 08-24-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: I like to edit stuff . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information