HitOrMiss is offline New Member

Would Accutane Test Posistive?

Im signing up for the army and going to MEPS on friday or monday and was wondering if accutane would show up on the blood or urine tests. I just found out yesterday that it could be a temporary disqualifier and I just cant hold out on going financially any longer. My recruiter says not to worry about it but I dont trust him because he is also advising me not to say anything about the asthma I had when I was 10 ( havent had a single issue with it since), car accident, and traffic tickets (all paid for or dismissed). Since they dont really test for steroids I hoping maybe accutane wouldnt show up etheir because Im takeing it without a prescription. Hope you guys can shed some light on
    this.

southmadejd is offline Member
    Accutane wont show

good stuff thanks

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    he is advising against the rest because they look negative on you.. and since the military is not in need of people as bad right now, they come up with weird things to deny people for..

if you truly want to join listen to him about what to and not to say.. and asthma at any age will be most likely automatic grounds for denying you entry...

Yeah I really want to join but a big part of the reason is the fact that they pay for college. If I'm found out later on they'll take those benefits from me and screw me up later and leave me off worse than I am now. I don't want to reveal to them more than I have to but if there is chance of something coming back and haunting me and would rather not risk it.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    They are taking just about everyone
    Got 2 arms & 2 legs= sign'em up

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Does accutane take care of zits on your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    They are taking just about everyone
    Got 2 arms & 2 legs= sign'em up
    the issue is because of the economy and the war ending in the next three years, they are not taking everybody anymore.. they just lowered most of all the bonus for signing up to about 1/3 of what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff View Post
    Does accutane take care of zits on your ass?
    yes @ 40mg

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    the issue is because of the economy and the war ending in the next three years, they are not taking everybody anymore.. they just lowered most of all the bonus for signing up to about 1/3 of what they were.

my nephew just enlisted in the airforce and it didn't seem to alter any sign up bonus.
    My brother re-up'ed in the army- same w/ him

getting a bonus, and getting a bonus of what it was two years ago is different..

i got 15K lump sum two years ago to re-enlist, and at the time i was in a non critical, support MOS. now as of two days ago I personally walked a soldier into the re-enlistment office and he only got 5K and he is in a critical MOS.

hell cooks got 35K for enlisting 2 yrs ago now they don't.....

this is a clip from an army times article written Aug 2, 2009

That manning level was achieved in January, culminating a 65,000-soldier buildup that began six years ago, and that over the past 18 months has benefited from the reluctance of soldiers to leave active duty at a time of high unemployment and economic uncertainty in the civilian sector.

The Army began putting the brakes on manning efforts early this year by cutting the size and number of bonuses and by reducing the annual recruiting mission from 80,000 to 65,000, and the retention goal from 65,000 to 55,000.
    as far as air force, they are and have been different then any other branch.
    Last edited by quarry206; 08-26-2009 at 06:53 PM.

My friend joined almost a year ago and one of the other recruiters (not the one working with me) remembered him and told me that the bonuses are lower now than when my freind joined and said its harder to get in now as well because there is no shortage of soldiers at the moment.

Thread Information