sizerp is offline Banned

Infrared cooking... healthier and faster?

Anyone here use the Nuwave Pro? Or any infrared oven of similarity?

There are some pros to this oven. Such as decreased cooking time, less fat content, more juicer and tenderness! Mmm.. debating to buy one. Please comment on this new technology!

Here is a link to their website. (No I am not advertising)

www.nuwaveoven.com/

sizerp is offline Banned
    You can cook frozen chicken breasts in like 30 minutes supposedly, and it beats the shit out of baking... taste wise...

I guess I'll just buy it and then report back.

I know most guys probably grill their stuff.........

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I am true to my George Foreman Grill Always has worked just fine for me

sizerp is offline Banned
    Come on all you freaking health-nuts. This could be the next best thing! Less cooking time and healthier foods! What say ye!?!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya, I have one. The commercial said it would cook a frozen chicken in record time, but it doesn't. If you cook a steak with it, it will come out dry.

Not worth it, IMHO. It's boxed up and sitting in my back closet.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    No do not get one I was going to get one for my mothers day and had posted a thread dedicated to the Nu-Wave.

Turns out the customer feedback on them is TERRIBLE.
    That it basically does nothing of what it says timewise (taking almost double the advertised times to cook food) and that many of the products are flawed from the conveyor belts.

Everyone was saying that the plastic covers crack and/or get cloudy from just a few uses making them unusable. For the people they didnt break for they said they flat out sucked for cooking.
    Go research if you don't believe me, most people who buy them regret it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I LOVE mine. I got it on CraigsList for like $40 new. It's the only way I can cook a decent steak. Everything comes out tender and juicy but without all the fat.

I use mine at least a couple times a week. I have never had any problem with any part of it. No cracks. The plastic cover is thick, I dont know how anyone can crack it unless you drop it.

I usually add maybe a minute to each item for cooking because I like my food a little more well done but it seems true to it's word and I have had it over a year.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-30-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I LOVE mine. I got it on CraigsList for like $40 new. It's the only way I can cook a decent steak. Everything comes out tender and juicy but without all the fat.

I use mine at least a couple times a week. I have never had any problem with any part of it. No cracks. The plastic cover is thick, I dont know how anyone can crack it unless you drop it.
    I usually add maybe a minute to each item for cooking because I like my food a little more well done but it seems true to it's word and I have had it over a year.
    I believe people were saying the heat from the infrared was cracking it.
    And other people were saying the plastic would release air when it got hot and turn white (like release air inside the plastic so it was trapped)

http://www.viewpoints.com/NuWave-Oven-reviews

I think that was the review I posted here last May, its not terrible terrible but it does seem if you scroll down and read that at least half the people who own them hate them.
    Maybe thats normal thought idk.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I believe people were saying the heat from the infrared was cracking it.
    And other people were saying the plastic would release air when it got hot and turn white (like release air inside the plastic so it was trapped)

http://www.viewpoints.com/NuWave-Oven-reviews

I think that was the review I posted here last May, its not terrible terrible but it does seem if you scroll down and read that at least half the people who own them hate them.
    Maybe thats normal thought idk.
    Ive had mine for over a year. It looks as good as new. I know there are some cheaper knock off out there and maybe they have problems. Mine works and looks perfect. I bet it wasnt the heat but people putting it in cold water to clean it while it was still hot. The plastic is thick, not some thin cheap stuff. It is still as clear as day one also and Ive ran it for over an hour+ straight cooking chicken then steak and???

I have always killed steaks I can even cook a cheap steak now and it comes out great.

I cook 8 chicken breast in about 30 minutes

My daughter even eats my cooking now. LOL
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-01-2009 at 12:22 AM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    Mr.T stands by his word LOL

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    interesting.....

Thread Information