Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Needed to be sad

11 84.62%
  • judging somebody without knowing them

2 15.38%
    quarry206 is offline Senior Member

Tough love or mean

I am currently over seas, as many of you know and we have talked about. here is a question I have based on a conversation that was part of today.

Myself and another male NCO had a talk with a lower enlisted Female. We both respect her as not only a person and soldier so we were trying to be helpful and respectful to her. But basically she has a husband that she married while on leave and he has not worked in five months nor tried to because he claims he "won't work at a gas station". So in the past few months though Even with the money she is making he has spent it all and put her into the negative. I merely said very nicely that If i were to lose my job, and be without a job. and took me working at a gas station during the day and taco bell at night to make sure my family was being takin care of I would do that. So IMO any man that is not willing to at least try to find a job because he thinks with the way the economy is he can only work at a gas station. that he isn't the type of man that will be there long term, nor the type of man she needs to be with. He will only bring her down. . . That you do what you need to do to live. having too much pride is a bad thing.

I felt bad because what I said made her cry.

Is that tough love or am I judging somebody and being mean ?
    Last edited by quarry206; 09-01-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    truth hurts man...

good job.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    yeah, i agree. the only reason she cried is because she knows it's true. you should talk to her about it.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Its really hard to know a situation. There is always to sides to a story. And usually both sides will exaggerate the truth without hearing both sides of the situation its really hard to know what is going on.

JMHO

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The Husband need to man the f^ck up. Not to harsh at all, if she doesnt put her foot down it will only get worse. Plus she is doing something most people cant do and trying to make it in life. Being a soldier is not easy, I have much respect for what you all do.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The Husband need to man the f^ck up. Not to harsh at all, if she doesnt put her foot down it will only get worse. Plus she is doing something most people cant do and trying to make it in life. Being a soldier is not easy, I have much respect for what you all do.
    AMEN. MAN THE F*CK UP! Thats a joke. money is money... who cares if he is pumping gas..

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    The french said it best.

"There is no stupid work, there are only stupid people."

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    He could always become a cop....lol u only need a high school diploma for that.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    I am currently over seas, as many of you know and we have talked about. here is a question I have based on a conversation that was part of today.

Myself and another male NCO had a talk with a lower enlisted Female. We both respect her as not only a person and soldier so we were trying to be helpful and respectful to her. But basically she has a husband that she married while on leave and he has not worked in five months nor tried to because he claims he "won't work at a gas station". So in the past few months though Even with the money she is making he has spent it all and put her into the negative. I merely said very nicely that If i were to lose my job, and be without a job. and took me working at a gas station during the day and taco bell at night to make sure my family was being takin care of I would do that. So IMO any man that is not willing to at least try to find a job because he thinks with the way the economy is he can only work at a gas station. that he isn't the type of man that will be there long term, nor the type of man she needs to be with. He will only bring her down. . . That you do what you need to do to live. having too much pride is a bad thing.

I felt bad because what I said made her cry.

Is that tough love or am I judging somebody and being mean ?
    If you and your squad tagged-teamed her it might help make her feel better...just a thought.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    The french said it best.

"There is no stupid work, there are only stupid people."
    The French also say this the best.

Run!!!

hahahaha

westco28 is offline Junior Member
    the guys a turd you did the right thing. he needs to man up and do what ever it takes to bring in his share. had to wash dishes once in my younger days but i fed my kids

stpete is offline Banned
    I think you did the right thing. And as mentioned, the truth hurts. You would only be pissed at yourself if you didn't.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    yeah, i agree. the only reason she cried is because she knows it's true. you should talk to her about it.
    I agree...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    good job saying it.
    Some money is no money, especially when you start going negative.

He needs to man the **** up, and she needs to be a little more outspoken to him.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Nah man, I think that's total crap. Who the hell knows what he said to her? This info is from a third party. And I bet that 100% of you wouldn't work at a gas station OR taco bell. So why don't you just STFU and mind your own god-damn business.

I am not saying that I wouldn't do whatever it takes to help my family, but does she have kids? Does she have an ill family member who desperately needs the support? I didn't hear anything of the nature.

You really don't know how other people live their lives, and maybe he's searching for a job because he has 30 years exp in the business world or some shit. Either way, I don't agree with him spending all her cash but seriously... why do you pry in other people's lives, then post about it?

Obviously you have some unstable feeling in regards to what you said... you made her cry... ahh well, the world is ending.

If you have feelings for her that's one thing, if no than why even judge someone you haven't met? Kinda rude IMO, and it's people like you who piss me the **** off. Get a life.

Thread Information