TJ09 is offline Junior Member

question for the experts

I know if your serious about bodybuilding you shouldnt drink at all but say you did while you werent on a cycle and you wanted to work out the next day is it pointless to workout ie is your system to outa whack should you wait an extra day?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Your going to get a lot of mixed answers. Its not a waste to lift the day after. I also drink on cycle. Not heavy but i don't go with out either and have had very good gains. moderation is the key as with anything

thanks bud i just had a couple last nite and feel like working out today, thats good to know so you still can build muscle then

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its definitely not a waste. If youre feeling good and feeling motivated, hit the gym! Get down alot of water would be my only recommendation.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    People act like alcohol kills muscles instantly, far from it.

Alcohol does 3 things that are bad for muscle building

1) It dehydrates muscles (which is catabolic)

2) It lowers protein synthesis (also catabolic side effect)

3) It prevents the liver from removing excess estrogen for a peroid of time (this increases chances of gyno)

But even with all those things, you are not going to magically deflate if you get drunk 1-2 times a week (not on cycle, I don't recommend getting hammered on cycle).

Also just always try to drink plenty of water before/during/after you drink and hitting the gym is not a waste because you will still be building muscle regardless if anything your protein synthesis rate would be a lower than it would have been had you not drank the night before, but not enough to make a HUGE difference.

Muscle building is a marathon not a sprint.

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    x2. Good input Immortal.

Great stuff guys thank you, just what i wanted to hear not that i plan on going out drinking alot, but its kinda tough if your single and its the weekend and your sitting at home alone twiddling your thumbs the odd nite out to try and meet some girls and have a few laughs is good

sizerp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ09 View Post
    Great stuff guys thank you, just what i wanted to hear not that i plan on going out drinking alot, but its kinda tough if your single and its the weekend and your sitting at home alone twiddling your thumbs the odd nite out to try and meet some girls and have a few laughs is good
    Just drink club soda and put a lemon in it, most people will think it's a mixed drink. Try it sometime.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ09 View Post
    Bro I am still in college, in a fraternity, and have beautiful girls all around me. How do you think I feel?

Last semester I went cold turkey, never drank, never really partied, and just lifted and cycled.

But guess what happened? I felt like shit when it was over because I wasted a good part of my life. I mean listen, everyone has their opinions on drinking and I am not a "big" drinker never was in fact I despise alcohol because of its taste, but if I go out I like to drink or else I will feel awkward being around a bunch of drunk people and being sober.

Now I mean I told myself I have my whole life to try to get big, but these next few years I might not get back. I mean I loved the gains I made on my cycle when I wasn't drinking and every morning i wake up after drinking I hate myself for drinking (I got bigorexia) and feel like I shrank, but dude muscles don't give you memories, don't give you good times, don't get you girls. I am not saying alcohol does, but it helps being able to go out and get drunk and have a few laughs.

Everyone has their own opinion on it, but at the end of the day you can't be a robot who just follows a bulking meal plan to the teeth, doesn't drink, stays in on weekends, and only lifts. That's not life, some people want that and are completely happy with that, those people I respect and wish the best because at the end of the day its about being happy.

I mean T-Mos' untimely death showed that to me, he died so young and you know I think to myself we only have one life and I don't want to spend my whole life trying to get this massive body and fighting my demons who tell me I am small only to never truly enjoy life and end up dieing without putting my mark on the world. You know?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Bro I am still in college, in a fraternity, and have beautiful girls all around me. How do you think I feel?

Last semester I went cold turkey, never drank, never really partied, and just lifted and cycled.

But guess what happened? I felt like shit when it was over because I wasted a good part of my life. I mean listen, everyone has their opinions on drinking and I am not a "big" drinker never was in fact I despise alcohol because of its taste, but if I go out I like to drink or else I will feel awkward being around a bunch of drunk people and being sober.

Now I mean I told myself I have my whole life to try to get big, but these next few years I might not get back. I mean I loved the gains I made on my cycle when I wasn't drinking and every morning i wake up after drinking I hate myself for drinking (I got bigorexia) and feel like I shrank, but dude muscles don't give you memories, don't give you good times, don't get you girls. I am not saying alcohol does, but it helps being able to go out and get drunk and have a few laughs.

Everyone has their own opinion on it, but at the end of the day you can't be a robot who just follows a bulking meal plan to the teeth, doesn't drink, stays in on weekends, and only lifts. That's not life, some people want that and are completely happy with that, those people I respect and wish the best because at the end of the day its about being happy.

I mean T-Mos' untimely death showed that to me, he died so young and you know I think to myself we only have one life and I don't want to spend my whole life trying to get this massive body and fighting my demons who tell me I am small only to never truly enjoy life and end up dieing without putting my mark on the world. You know?

Well put bro so true! Im the same way I dont feel comfortable in that kinda of setting unless i have a couple to relax myself

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think Immortal is really Socrates and Nostradamus mixed into one... With a little Van Wilder.

Thread Information