Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Question about STD's/herpes

Long story short, can you only get herpes from someone else carrying it?

No its not me, but a friend of mine suspects her bf is cheating on her. He developed herpes at the beginning of the summer. He claims he doesnt know how he got it and it may have been from not washing properly. He also claims he's never had unprotected sex with anyone and genuinely doesn't know how he got it.

Is there even a sliver of a chance he has got it through unknown means, or is basically bullshitting?

Edit: I've asked a couple of friends that are training to be Doctors and Nurses. They said it seems extremely unlikely he got it through unknown means and highly likely he's contracted it from someone else who's had it. Man I just looked at it and Herpes are ****ing gross. My first thought would be "how could anyone contemplate sleeping with someone, partner or not, knowing they have herpes".
    Last edited by Flagg; 09-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Long story short, can you only get herpes from someone else carrying it?

No its not me, but a friend of mine suspects her bf is cheating on her. He developed herpes at the beginning of the summer. He claims he doesnt know how he got it and it may have been from not washing properly. He also claims he's never had unprotected sex with anyone and genuinely doesn't know how he got it.

Is there even a sliver of a chance he has got it through unknown means, or is basically bullshitting?

No, Herpes is contracted by skin to skin contact! And wearing a condom does not cover everything now does it? There is this myth out there that condom protects from everything when in reality it does not.

Certainly he could have been carrying this for quite sometime and just now had a breakout, or he could have recently had a sexual encounter with an infected person.

HSV 1/2 are extremely common, and someone with HSV1 (cold sore) can give someone genital Herpes by giving them oral and vice versa.

The excuse of "not washing properly" is completely false and ignorant to say the least. He has contracted this from sexual intercourse, no other way around it.
    ***No source checks!!!***

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Damn, I thought this was going to be another "My wife slept with five guys" thread................disappointed

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    that which does not kill you (herpes) can only make you stronger!

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    No, Herpes is contracted by skin to skin contact! And wearing a condom does not cover everything now does it? There is this myth out there that condom protects from everything when in reality it does not.

Certainly he could have been carrying this for quite sometime and just now had a breakout, or he could have recently had a sexual encounter with an infected person.

HSV 1/2 are extremely common, and someone with HSV1 (cold sore) can give someone genital Herpes by giving them oral and vice versa.

The excuse of "not washing properly" is completely false and ignorant to say the least. He has contracted this from sexual intercourse, no other way around it.
    Perfect answer. And yes people can go fro years and never have a breakout. Not likly but possible.

The fact that he tries to cover with a answer like he did. Tells me that he is covering something. Reguardless if she loves and belives that he didnt cheat. Does she want to continue a relationship with someone carring an STD??

Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    Perfect answer. And yes people can go fro years and never have a breakout. Not likly but possible.

The fact that he tries to cover with a answer like he did. Tells me that he is covering something. Reguardless if she loves and belives that he didnt cheat. Does she want to continue a relationship with someone carring an STD??

Murrilo is right and its what I suspected as well. I found this on a medical site:
    HSV-1 and HSV-2 can be found in and released from the sores that the viruses cause, but they also are released between outbreaks from skin that does not appear to have a sore. Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission can occur from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected.

HSV-1 can cause genital herpes, but it more commonly causes infections of the mouth and lips, so-called “fever blisters.” HSV-1 infection of the genitals can be caused by oral-genital or genital-genital contact with a person who has HSV-1 infection. Genital HSV-1 outbreaks recur less regularly than genital HSV-2 outbreaks.

And yeah, it's definitely fishy if you're giving weak ass answers like "maybe i didnt wash properly". And yeah, how the **** could you contemplate sleeping with someone knowing they have herpes. I also learned that herpes are for life!

The bigger issue here is that he has not only been unfaithful but to potentialy bring this onto an innocent person who will carry it for the rest of her life. That speaks volumes to the type of person he is.

People with Herpes can have a normal relationship with a partner who is not HSV positive. I actually know a couple. It really boils down to education, ignorance on HSV is extremely common which is not only why it gets such a bad rap but why people continue to spread it to others, some knowing and some not knowing. The Google image searches on HSV are about the most extreme cases you can get, the average breakout is nothing more than a small blister..just think "cold sore" in the genital area. Now where it is on the genitals depends on where it entered the body. I have seen some on the thighs, lower abdomen, testicles, lower part of the Penis. It really varies.

I spent a great deal of time in Health Care so this "I didn't wash properly" is nothing but a cop out for him being a complete douchebag. I would highly advise your friend to get a complete STD checkup and specifically ask to have her blood sample checked for HSV antibodies. Otherwise they will only look at the blood for HIV/Syphillus.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-13-2009 at 03:49 PM.

The bigger issue here is that he has not only been unfaithful but to potentialy bring this onto an innocent person who will carry it for the rest of her life. That speaks volumes to the type of person he is.

People with Herpes can have a normal relationship with a partner who is not HSV positive. I actually know a couple. It really boils down to education, ignorance on HSV is extremely common which is not only why it gets such a bad rap but why people continue to spread it to others, some knowing and some not knowing.

Mate, this is what pisses me off the most. The fact he's lying out his arse is one thing, the fact he's been this irrisponsible makes me want to kick his head in. Of course I can't do that. Herpes is a ****ing disgusting virus and quite high risk. Pregnant women for example have to have a caeserian during labour if they have an outbreak.

DOM6 is offline Member
    my x from like 8 yrs ago told me her husband gave herpes to her like a year ago and he denied he had it, so they broke up and now she goes to clubs and sleeps with everyone, she told me she just doesnt tell anyone, so watch out guys, she fukin hot so you would never think it

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6 View Post
    my x from like 8 yrs ago told me her husband gave herpes to her like a year ago and he denied he had it, so they broke up and now she goes to clubs and sleeps with everyone, she told me she just doesnt tell anyone, so watch out guys, she fukin hot so you would never think it

Alot of people like that out there, that is why I just shake my head when all the idiots post how they banged some hottie at the club bareback etc.

Might as well play Russian Roulette

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Dead on balls accurate.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Alot of people like that out there, that is why I just shake my head when all the idiots post how they banged some hottie at the club bareback etc.

Might as well play Russian Roulette
    Another reason i am glad i am in a relationship. Way too many people out there with STD's. I have taken one person home from a bar and had sex. It was good sex but ended up freaking me out worrying about if i got anything. Sent me to the Doc's to get full checked out, never again.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    herpies could have contracted years ago and is just showing it ugly head... just google it - girl could have had it gave it to him (not knowing she had it) and his system handled it dif than hers,

she could have never had any symptoms and had it for years

he could have just got from her and has symptoms ever day

or he is pounding some nast chick that prob got it from a crack adict, and gave it to him

tell him stop messing with prostitues

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    herpies could have contracted years ago and is just showing it ugly head... just google it - girl could have had it gave it to him (not knowing she had it) and his system handled it dif than hers,

she could have never had any symptoms and had it for years

he could have just got from her and has symptoms ever day

or he is pounding some nast chick that prob got it from a crack adict, and gave it to him

tell him stop messing with prostitues

Please keep this thread decent, he did not have to bang a "nast chick" or "prostitute" to contract it. It is highly irregular for someone to have HSV and it not show up within 2-4 weeks after contracting the virus. Alot of people like to hide behind the rare occasions where someone had it and never had an outbreak.

HPV however is the one that you can have for years and never know it. It simply cannot be tested for besides physical signs on a male or an "abnormal" papsmear.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-13-2009 at 05:45 PM.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    a little sensitive for a steroid forum, hu?

well i will try to get a little funny on here...

ok, well, any body i have ever know that has been open obout it, has stated that when they found out they had no clue

as for testing why couldnt a doc test for some anti bodies? or some std test?

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    that which does not kill you (herpes) can only make you stronger!
    U cant spell stud without STD

~AJ

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    a little sensitive for a steroid forum, hu?

I prefer to say "mature". He is asking a serious question about a personal friend of his. There are a million other threads to act the fool in and not take serious.

There is a test for HSV antibodies and they will be found in the bloodstream, however there is no test for HPV in men. A male will not know he has HPV unless he shows physical signs (warts). HPV poses no real threat to healthy males and doctors feel it is of no benefit for men to get tested even a test existed because of this.

im un-mature, and foolish ... ok ur right, i for got this is the "dont bust a guys balls on a steroid forum post"

and how could i take any one seroius with a pic like your avatar? o well, i will stay away - FOR NOW haahahhahaaaa.... (picture a sinister laugh as the movie ends)

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    I need a shower after reading this.

jasperhup is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    U cant spell stud without STD

~AJ
    hahaha awesome dude!!!

i thought i came up with that line myself. great minds think alike i suppose.

doo928 is offline Female Member
    nonsense...not washing properly! i hope she's not that gullible. genital herpes is a SEXUALLY transmitted disease of the genital area, the skin around the rectum or adjacent areas. there are two types of herpes simplex virus. HSV-1 usually infects the mouth, HSV-2 is usually transmitted sexually. both may infect the genitals, the skin around the rectum, or the hands (esp nails) & maybe transmitted to other parts of the body (like the eyes).

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    Damn, I thought this was going to be another "My wife slept with five guys" thread................disappointed
    haha I definatly remeber a thread like that very similar more then once

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    I need to change my pants after reading this thread

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Some very inaccurate information in this thread.

HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS has an incubation period of 7-10 days. That means from the initial time of infection, it takes 7-10 days for the person to have their first outbreak. In rare instances the incubation period can take up to 30 days. However, it is untrue that the virus will lay dormant for years, from the time of initial infection.

Only AFTER the person has an INITIAL outbreak can the virus go into a remission . The virus travels along the nerve and comes to rest at the Sacrum.

Additionally, while the virus cannot live outside of the human body without a host, there is no evidence to suggest you can acquire it from toilet seats, towels, or other hygiene products.

The reality of the situation is, if he cheated, it was 2-3 weeks prior to the time of his initial outbreak.

Thanks for the information, Murillo and Godfather. I've emailed her what you guys have shared and given her two options to mull over.

She can either forgive him for lying, cheating, potentially giving her herpes AND carry on sleeping with an infected person. Or she can break her heart now, knowing that she'll get over it eventually.

It really pisses me off when guys just don't have the guts to be man enough to just tell the truth to a woman. I could almost have more respect for this piece of shit if he told her that yes he has cheated on her and that yes that is how he contracted herpes. Still, out of my hands now.

Thanks again for the info guys.

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member
    edited.

Thread Information