Did I hit a Nerve?

I just pinned and experienced something that has never happened before. Upon breaking the skin of my glute i experienced a sharp pain(more than usual im using 22g) but i proceeded to pin deeper. I completely insert the needle and continue with my injection. Everything went smooth with just a slight discomfort until the end of injection. I remove the needle and immediately was overcome by nausea and starting sweating. I was very light headed and had to sit down and take deep breaths. Within acouple minutes it subsided and I was back to normal. I was injecting on an empty stomach if that may have been a factor. Any insight?

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    When I hit a nerve it is always in the Quads. Chances are you had a slight vagal response. Your fine.

A vagal response arised from the effects of stimulation of the vagas nerves. The response includes a decrease in heart rate, blood pressure, a feeling of light- headedness (from the decreased blood pressure), and nausea. Vagal responses are caused by many things. They include suddenly getting up, pain, fear, excitement, immersion of the head in cold water, or stimulation of the coratid artery in the neck. Even going to the bathroom can cause the effect in some people

Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    When I hit a nerve it is always in the Quads. Chances are you had a slight vagal response. Your fine.

A vagal response arised from the effects of stimulation of the vagas nerves. The response includes a decrease in heart rate, blood pressure, a feeling of light- headedness (from the decreased blood pressure), and nausea. Vagal responses are caused by many things. They include suddenly getting up, pain, fear, excitement, immersion of the head in cold water, or stimulation of the coratid artery in the neck. Even going to the bathroom can cause the effect in some people
    Hmm now that you mention i have experienced multiple vagal responses thruout my life. Well glad its just something minor just a little worried as it hasnt happened before during injection. Thanks Chap

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did you aspirate ? It almost sounds like symptoms of injecting in a vein

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Did you aspirate? It almost sounds like symptoms of injecting in a vein

My first thought as well, you didn't inject directly or you would have had a complete fit.

Probably just knicked one.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    My first thought as well, you didn't inject directly or you would have had a complete fit.

Probably just knicked one.
    Yea I think i just knicked a nerve cause it bled a little bit as well.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had similar issues the first time I pinned. I got all light headed and thought I was going to pass out. I drank some water out of the bathroom sink and sat down and after a few minutes I was back to normal. I read about this a few times before it happened to me so I wasn't nervous and knew what was going on but the symptoms sound exactly like what I experienced.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feeldapump89 View Post
    I just pinned and experienced something that has never happened before. Upon breaking the skin of my glute i experienced a sharp pain(more than usual im using 22g) but i proceeded to pin deeper. I completely insert the needle and continue with my injection. Everything went smooth with just a slight discomfort until the end of injection. I remove the needle and immediately was overcome by nausea and starting sweating. I was very light headed and had to sit down and take deep breaths. Within acouple minutes it subsided and I was back to normal. I was injecting on an empty stomach if that may have been a factor. Any insight?

Sounds like you just skinned a nerve.

The rest sounds like an anxiety attack in response to the pain you felt upon injecting.

May have been a mainline injection, but I doubt it.

Main thing is your fine.

Best

T

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    you pin yourself enough times, it's bound to happen.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    you pin yourself enough times, it's bound to happen.

yes sir,

sounds like you just nicked a nerve and vein

MYWHEY is offline Junior Member
    When I hit a nerve its lock a shock through my delt or quad..

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Ditto with the rest on the nerv nicking, for the future though always make sure to aspirate to play it safe.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    When I hit a nerve I know it BIG time. LOL My leg started to spasm. Sounds like a little gear may have made it into the vein but only a little.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Isn't this one of the reasons it's better to inject into the Glute? There are less veins and nerves esp. on the upper outer portion. Just gotta be careful not to hit the sciatic nerve which is lower anyways.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    Isn't this one of the reasons it's better to inject into the Glute? There are less veins and nerves esp. on the upper outer portion. Just gotta be careful not to hit the sciatic nerve which is lower anyways.
    true, if you're shooting longer esters.

if you're shooting short esters, especially with ED inj,

you're just going to have to shoot other places,

no way around that.

Thread Information