RyanRoss is offline Associate Member

Question on Criminal Background checks

Has anyone here ever been employed through Spherion?

I'm asking because I'm curious if an arrest will show up on their background check if no conviction was found. Different companies use different background checks so I'm just curious.

I've got a contractual job offer from them and I'm going on my last interview tomorrow. I'm asking because this is a high paying job and I'm wondering if an arrest will show up on their background check. I've no convictions and this case is going to be dismissed. It was for 2 D felonies for possession of test and possession of a syringe.

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    You have not gone to court yet. I would assume that anything not convicted of will not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    You have not gone to court yet. I would assume that anything not convicted of will not show up.
    I'm sorry I forgot to mention; I have been to court several times and we're about to enter an agreement where I complete anti-narcotics classes and they drop the charges. My concern is if this will show up before then

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    It may say conviction pending....

I have seen your other post. If you have not been convicted yet I still believ you will be ok. Probably better to go through this process before anything is on the books. It will definitely show up then. What do you have to lose?

I have seen your other post. If you have not been convicted yet I still believ you will be ok. Probably better to go through this process before anything is on the books. It will definitely show up then. What do you have to lose?
    So even when the charges are dismissed this will show up? ****. Guess expungement is in order?

Be carefull not to ask for to much. Remember you're in their house.

Be carefull not to ask for to much. Remember you're in their house.
    Yep. I think the only better deal that I could be given is to have them completely dropped with a not guilty plea but that's not gonna happen lol. I am lucky I am getting what I am getting.

OCTOBER-2009 is offline Junior Member
    Criminal histories generally have 3 segments. The first segment is what charge you were arrested for. The second segment is what the prosecutor charged you with (1 & 2 are normally the same). The third segment is what you were convicted of.

Even if the charge is dismissed, the criminal history will show that you were arrested.

If your asked if you have ever been arrested, just be honest!

stpete is offline Banned
    You haven't been convicted. So the answer as of now is no. And that's all they need to know. Answer changes when your history changes. No one is going to ask you if you're currently going to court.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh listen to St Pete. Even AFTER you're convicted it takes time to work into the system.
    I've honestly worked about 4 different jobs since my conviction and not a single one found it in any of the stupid background check places they call.

Background checks are worthless.
    I actually TOLD one of my employeers I had a record and the mfkr thought I was lying about it lmao. Especially when its a first degree felony you would think it would be somewhere to be found..

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    When I fill out a resume and it asks if I have eve been convicted of a crime I always put no. Underneath is say please explain. I put because I have a good attorney.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDREY View Post
    Because you must enter specific information such as Social Security number, date of birth, etc. There is no website that will let you enter that information.
    You may contact a company online that will give you that information for a fee...
    If you do a google search might find name and address only..

I don't think he's listening anymore. This thread is 6 months old.

Thread Information