Thread: AAS and ADD.

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member

AAS and ADD.

just got done with a psychiatrist appt with the VA. OMG!!! we were going though the regular question how you doing, feeling, sleeping.......... anyways i asked about being treated for my ADD. i was diagnosed when i was about 10. told him im tired of it holding me back in life. he said with my past drug use(the kind we cant talk about) that he wouldnt give me any stems. i said fine, but is there any other kind of treatment or classes or anything? i had already told the guy before that i was prescribed 200mg test C EW from a doc out in town. Well this guy says "I think that the steroids you are taking are enhancing your ADD." so i said "and i think you are wrong." i said this calmly btw. well the guy looks at me and said "we are done here." I said "ive got 10 more minutes and that you picked the only thing you dont know about and used it as a scape goat or an easy way out." he said in an impatient voice "we are done!" I said "hell of a diagnoses you came up with DOC, maybe you should do a little more reading up on the subject before you start using it as reason for somebody's problem they've had for 16yrs!" then he said "WE ARE DONE HERE!" so i walked out and closed the door, but couldnt resist, so i opened it back up and said "go fck yourself you uneducated sht!"

i just had to get this off my chest. and if any Veterans read this, dont go to the VA and if you do, DONT tell them about ANY drug use at all. they will use it against you for everything. people have always told me that the VA will kill you somehow. and now i believe it. the VA is ridiculous.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Any psychatrist would give you strattera as you can't abuse it. Not that I think it's a great treatment, but he acts like stims are the only drugs for add.

and you have too much temper
    I'm sure your insult made him laugh at you as his education level clearly surpasses yours.

BTW he is correct, low test levels correlate with depression while high test levels correlate with ADHD

i would have been fine with classes on how to manage ADD or something along that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    and you have too much temper
    I'm sure your insult made him laugh at you as his education level clearly surpasses yours.

BTW he is correct, low test levels correlate with depression while high test levels correlate with ADHD
    i have ADD and i told him i am on a TRT dose.

Temper- the VA has been absolutely a waste of time for me and many others. everyone just refers you to someone else until the pt gets fed up and just doesnt go. hell when i was in line to check in i saw a 60yro man cussing the receptionist.
    Last edited by peteroy01; 11-05-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peteroy01 View Post
    i have ADD and i told him i am on a TRT dose.

Temper- the VA has been absolutely a waste of time for me and many others. everyone just refers you to someone else until the pt gets fed up and just doesnt go. hell when i was in line to check in i saw a 60yro man cussing the receptionist.
    I guess I understand your frustrations, the VA should be the best care availible and it's most often not.

There are drugs at this doctors disposal that are effective and unabusable. He didn't give you care as a patient that he was trying to help. He got rid of you and that isn't medicine.

i was completely calm and respectable until he tried to get rid of me. i was insulted and acted a bit childish and wanted the last word. but i couldnt do anything else and didnt want him to win(even though i didnt win either)

Thread Information