Thread: Advice?

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member

Advice?

If one was considering moving to Florida, what would be some key points to think about and where would a nicer cheaper living area be?

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    You need to speak to Mooseman but he's not been on today

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    i live in florida in a town called new port richey its near clearwater and tampa
    its one of the cheapest citys in florida rent is very doable we have gyms all around if u shoot pool theres pool halls 10 bucks gets u all day lots of bars a few clubs titty bars

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    to vague OP.
    need to tell us what u are into, hobbies, languages, financial.. florida is a big ass place..

I'm into working, and working out.. I'm young, and just looking for a change. Currently living in michigan... I speak English and that's it. I've been a cook for 2 years, so I can find a little job. I have a good amount of money saved, if you're interested in how much PM me... If I were to take the plunge and move it would be with a buddy of mine..

We are both young, and have some money saved. We've lived in Michigan all our life and we're just looking to experience something new. If that means living in Florida for 1 year doing the same thing we are now (cooking, and working out) then so be it. Atleast I got the experience and tried something new.

lol i use to live in roseville a few years back 11 n gratiot its kinda a big change git rid of all ur winter gear cause its hot here pretty much all year around lol were the only state that still has 80 degree weather 2 bedroom apartments run 700-800 depending what ur looking for

u can also rent houses for that much around here

theres 24 hour gyms mma gyms close by we have just about everything that the bigger citys like tampa have just not as many people

theres a mall close by flea market down the road beachs in clearwater and hudson new port richey is between them

tampa is about 45 mins to a hour away for weekend fun if u get bored here i think the best part is it quiet u have country life in a city and as for jobs
    theres alot of places for cooks

Gainer83 is offline New Member
    Right on drdeath! I just completed a contract in Orlando, FL installing the deep foundations for the Orlando Magic Stadium and parking garage. I left Orlando every weekend to kick it in Tampa! I didn't think Tampa was all that expensive either! My three favorite spots in Florida are Destin, Tampa, and Miami. Also man I have the lesiure to travel all over the place with work and be in that same spot for months at a time you can do anything you want you just got to put your mind to it. In other words live and spend with in your means! Let me tell Vegas was hard for me but lesson learned! Good luck!

yea i love it here everything ud need as a young person is close by look up myspace and type 34653 10 miles females or male if ur that kinda guy lots of cute girls lol when i moved down here i had sex with 15 differnt chicks in like 2 months and one fatty i was like oh well ill hit it haha

but for real new port richey is great like i said its a quiet setting but has everything u need as a younger person im going to hate moving but 3 years its time for a change

if theres one tip i can give u is stay away from party citys where people go to have fun during spring break traffic sucks and the cost of rent will kill u on a 2 bedroom

Thanks for advice drdeath... I mean the thought has been in my head for awhile now, to be honest I've just been nervous to actually go through with it. But I'm getting alittle more serious now, been looking at apartments and stuff (actually in clearwater). But I am definately going to check out new port richey. All I need is a grocery store and a gym in town haha.

hot stuff is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMPD213 View Post
    I'm into working, and working out.. I'm young, and just looking for a change. Currently living in michigan... I speak English and that's it. I've been a cook for 2 years, so I can find a little job. I have a good amount of money saved, if you're interested in how much PM me... If I were to take the plunge and move it would be with a buddy of mine..

We are both young, and have some money saved. We've lived in Michigan all our life and we're just looking to experience something new. If that means living in Florida for 1 year doing the same thing we are now (cooking, and working out) then so be it. Atleast I got the experience and tried something new.
    I'm from central Florida and I say Go For It. If you cook, you can find work here. The weather is better (except for summer) and there is a ton of things to see and do. That's how I came here (from NY) and I don't regret it.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    I have lived in Orlando, Tampa, St Pete, Groveland, Jacksonville and Riverview. If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks guys.. I definately want to do it, it just comes down to me going through with it. I just don't want to look back in a few years and be like damn wonder what couldve been... We'll see what happens!

lol walmart save a lot bulk food stores sweetbay all close by also about 5 mins from the ocean clearwater is nice i wont lie the main problem comes when theres trafic its pretty bad

as alot of people go from as far as hudson to tampa for work thats like thru 4 citys

Those sound like all the stores I need, plus a gym, and I job and I'm set haha.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    new port richey sounds like a nice place

it really is but i got a offer from a family member who bought another house so they said if i wanted to move i could have it in springfield il so i will be moving in 6 months after my kids are out of school

besides u cant beat free rent and i might end up keeping it as my own time will tell

Gasparilla, Guavaween, LiveStock

(Make sure you make it to those^)

Spring Break in Panama City

24/7 365..... PARTY ON DUVAL STREET IN KEY WEST!!!
    Fvck I miss Florida...

I'm hopefully going to be taking a week vacation to Clearwater this summer, while I'm there I'm going to go to Newport richey and check it out fir sure.

Nah bro- Newport Richey is full of straight flamers. It has been proven here lol. Go to Tampa, and check out the hoodrats in Ybor City lol

Art Vandelay is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    i live in florida in a town called new port richey its near clearwater and tampa
    its one of the cheapest citys in florida rent is very doable we have gyms all around if u shoot pool theres pool halls 10 bucks gets u all day lots of bars a few clubs titty bars
    I'm actually lookin into this too. Well, at least somewhere where the temps don't get down to freakin zero, as this is getting plain ridiculous up here...

Is it true that most of Florida is pretty humid, sticky, and has a lot of bugs?

Is there an area where taxes and cost of living are fairly low, where there are decent jobs and where extreme weather doesn't usually happen?

I've been thinking of moving south, and Florida is an idea I'd LOVE, but I've shot it down because of hearing about the mugginess and the presumption that most the state gets hit by hurricanes/tornadoes...

School me fellas, please.

Art Vandelay is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    to vague OP.
    need to tell us what u are into, hobbies, languages, financial.. florida is a big ass place..
    I'm actually lookin into this too. Well, at least somewhere where the temps don't get down to freakin zero, as this is getting plain ridiculous up here...

Is it true that most of Florida is pretty humid, sticky, and has a lot of bugs?

Is there an area where taxes and cost of living are fairly low, where there are decent jobs and where extreme weather doesn't usually happen?

I've been thinking of moving south, and Florida is an idea I'd LOVE, but I've shot it down because of hearing about the mugginess and the presumption that most the state gets hit by hurricanes/tornadoes...

School me fellas, please.

Thread Information