DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

Taking a week off weight lifting

Every once in a while I think it's a good idea to take a week off. I was drained mentally and physically from work a combo of other things. Thinking I was close to loosing my job etc. But got reassurance there during the week that all is good. But hat does everyone else feel? I wasn't in the mood for lifting this week and now I can't wait to get back in there and bang out the weight does anyone else feel like that sometimes or am I on my own.

LiftedDuramax2007 is offline Associate Member
    I think I feel more depressed if I dont get in the gym and work out my agression lol

DCI
    Ahh I know what you mean normally I am the same man. But just needed it too clear my head and to relax. I was way too tired to be honest. Esp when I do over 60 hour week with 2k miles driving.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Every once in a while I think it's a good idea to take a week off. I was drained mentally and physically from work a combo of other things. Thinking I was close to loosing my job etc. But got reassurance there during the week that all is good. But hat does everyone else feel? I wasn't in the mood for lifting this week and now I can't wait to get back in there and bang out the weight does anyone else feel like that sometimes or am I on my own.
    I like to take a week off every 3 months or so but only if my body feels like it needs it. One thing I noticed about myself is that I must try very hard during that week to continue to eat right because it seems lke if Im not going to the gym, I lose my drive to eat good. Not to hijack but anyone else have a hard time with that too?

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    I like to take a week off every 3 months or so but only if my body feels like it needs it. One thing I noticed about myself is that I must try very hard during that week to continue to eat right because it seems lke if Im not going to the gym, I lose my drive to eat good. Not to hijack but anyone else have a hard time with that too?
    That's exactly what I was feeling to be honest. My body was just telling me to relax and I need the time off. Emm I still eat but not a 100% as I would when I would be training. It's about 90% good.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    As soon as rugby season is over I'm going to take a week off, before I start my next cycle.

DCI
    You play rugby in the US? Good man that's a proper mans sport incomparison to the american football ye have.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel the same, i just get to a point when i feel the body needs a bit more of a rest, usually about every 3 months, and have some of the same problems, during time off i also have to really force in the food, guess i work on habit, gym/eat etc

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    i dont think i could do it...3 days maybe lol 7 days...not a chance

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I'm taking this week off too. Doing some renovations around the house so not really getting to relax.

DCI
    Ya I think it made massive difference to me now. well happy that I took the time off now well reccomended.

illaJ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftedDuramax2007 View Post
    I think I feel more depressed if I dont get in the gym and work out my agression lol
    agreed, even like 4 days i feel like a bag of shit haha

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    You play rugby in the US? Good man that's a proper mans sport incomparison to the american football ye have.
    I certainly do. Last match is on March 6th...thank God. I'm tired. We've had a match almost every weekend since August..I'm tired and sore.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it;50***51
    I'm taking this week off too. Doing some renovations around the house so not really getting to relax.
    thats y u r a fat ass.....and yes i am one sxy mofo

on a serious note I feel depressed and angry if I dont sepend time working out. I take one day off and still I manage to do 30 minutes cardio in it. For me excersice is the line b/w sanity for me I am pretty sure I will go insane If I dont do my excersice.

Thread Information