DOM6 is offline Member

Whos makes hard boiled eggs? NEED INPUT

ok, i need to know your tricks on getting the shell off, i think i struck gold cause i think i just invented something so stupid and cant believe it worked,
    i just boiled 36 eggs and from the time i got done cooking them i and got the shell off, put in a bowl, and in the fridge in under 90 seconds

tell me if i had this on the market would it sell?

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    boil them, when the water boils let it boil for 5-10 min

then pour the boiling water out and run cold water in there, the cold water will heat up fast because of the hot eggs so keep pouring cold water in then dumping it out then pouring it in. do that for about 3-5 times then you should be good....i literally do this every day and the shells come off like nothing, once in awhile though you will come across a bad one that just doest peel but it hardly ever happens

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    I started cooking them in a pan, no water and they taste quite good, better then boil. Just pour the eggs in a pan and let them cook, don't forget to flip.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    boil them, when the water boils let it boil for 5-10 min

then pour the boiling water out and run cold water in there, the cold water will heat up fast because of the hot eggs so keep pouring cold water in then dumping it out then pouring it in. do that for about 3-5 times then you should be good....i literally do this every day and the shells come off like nothing, once in awhile though you will come across a bad one that just doest peel but it hardly ever happens
    i was doing that, i even peeled them under the running cold water, but this thing i made makes them fall off i mean no effort fall off,

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_m63 View Post
    I started cooking them in a pan, no water and they taste quite good, better then boil. Just pour the eggs in a pan and let them cook, don't forget to flip.
    what if i like my eggs sunny side up?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    S c r a m b l e d baby all the way

makod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOM6 View Post
    i was doing that, i even peeled them under the running cold water, but this thing i made makes them fall off i mean no effort fall off,
    please share your miraculous experience

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by makod View Post
    please share your miraculous experience
    cant im going to patient it asap, then ill share it, but if there was something that did do that and cost like 5 bucks to buy, would you buy it?
    Last edited by DOM6; 02-22-2010 at 10:39 PM.

cant im going to patient it asap, then ill share it, but if there was something that did do that and cost like 5 bucks to buy, would you buy it?
    Yes, Yes i would.

I saw on the net someone putting the eggs in a pot, shaking the fvck out of the pot - and the eggs were pretty much totally de-shelled. But then the argument came up that the egg shells were full of bacteria and shit so i never had the balls to try it.

I'm interested to know your what your idea is.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    ok, i need to know your tricks on getting the shell off, i think i struck gold cause i think i just invented something so stupid and cant believe it worked,
    i just boiled 36 eggs and from the time i got done cooking them i and got the shell off, put in a bowl, and in the fridge in under 90 seconds

tell me if i had this on the market would it sell?
    I don't know. 2.5 seconds per egg? I just put cold water and it takes me like 1 second more.

DOM6 is offline Member
    well i read up on alot of egg peelers and there is alot of bad reviews on them not working, i had my mom over and she says why do you cook so many, so i said peel that egg, so she peeled hers but in that same time i peeled 4 could of been 5 if i wasnt laughing so hard, she even said it worked, ill come up with some thing then post it this week

i have a feeling your not letting the water boil long enough. also are you putting the eggs in cold water then boiling them OR are you putting them straight in warm water then boiling? They need to go in cold water, boil them and keep them boiling for about 10 min

You still wouldn't be able to peel 36 eggs in under 2 minutes

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    i have a feeling your not letting the water boil long enough. also are you putting the eggs in cold water then boiling them OR are you putting them straight in warm water then boiling? They need to go in cold water, boil them and keep them boiling for about 10 min
    I was told by a chef the closer the eggs are to their exp date the easier they will peel. So I started leaving eggs in my fridge for weeks before I'd cook them, never did shit.
    I discovered that little secret by accident about overcooking them. Basically, the longer you cook an egg the greener the yolks get and the more the membrane breaks down between the egg and shell. If you are peeling eggs, and the yolk is still yellow, theres a good chance the membrane will be thick like rubber and hard to peel.
    If you cook those mfkrs for about 10mins longer then you usually do, the yolks start turning green and the membrane breaks down to nothing, shells come right off.
    This is the ONLY thing that has consitently worked since I discovered it. So I agree 100% cook those bitches till the membrane dissolves away, eggs will peel no matter if you run them under cold water or not. And honestly, if anything cold water is going to harden the membrane back up, I've always peeled them hot and as long as they are cooked enough the shells fall right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    I was told by a chef the closer the eggs are to their exp date the easier they will peel. So I started leaving eggs in my fridge for weeks before I'd cook them, never did shit.
    I discovered that little secret by accident about overcooking them. Basically, the longer you cook an egg the greener the yolks get and the more the membrane breaks down between the egg and shell. If you are peeling eggs, and the yolk is still yellow, theres a good chance the membrane will be thick like rubber and hard to peel.
    If you cook those mfkrs for about 10mins longer then you usually do, the yolks start turning green and the membrane breaks down to nothing, shells come right off.
    This is the ONLY thing that has consitently worked since I discovered it. So I agree 100% cook those bitches till the membrane dissolves away, eggs will peel no matter if you run them under cold water or not. And honestly, if anything cold water is going to harden the membrane back up, I've always peeled them hot and as long as they are cooked enough the shells fall right off.
    yup, but even when i leave them boil for 10min the yolks are still very yellow but since they have been cooked for so long the shells come right off, they start to turn green when you keep in water for like 20min +

well i read up on alot of egg peelers and there is alot of bad reviews on them not working, i had my mom over and she says why do you cook so many, so i said peel that egg, so she peeled hers but in that same time i peeled 4 could of been 5 if i wasnt laughing so hard, she even said it worked, ill come up with some thing then post it this week
    I don't understand what this is.
    Is this a tangible object you furnished yourself or a technique for peeling them?

What did you tie a rubber band around a fork and slingshot them into the wall? Regardless, I don't think David Blaine could peel 1 egg in 2.5 seconds, so if your invention fails, maybe you can call up guiness and set a new world record.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I buy the eggbeater or similar, 99% egg white. I put it in a pan on LOW covered and walk away for 10 minutes to do ??? When I get back they are perfect, fluffy and ready to eat. Never burnt

I will have to try the cold water trick. I hate boiling eggs but love boiled eggs.

I taught my eggs to peel themselves.

illaJ is offline Junior Member
    eggs, cheese and grits anyone?

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, let us know what this "egg pealer thingie magig is when you market it" what you going to call it?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Cook them a little longer then put them straight into cold water for a bit.

They peel easy.

I prefer scrambled though.

4 eggs, 7 whites with 1 cup oats. Flavour with Nutella or PB. Just finished a bowl as it goes...

NC600cbr is offline Associate Member
    My Method is as follows - zero problem peeling them. (also find older eggs work better)

Cover eggs with 2 inches of water - bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.

Remove from heat and let sit covered for 15 minutes.

Pour out the water

cover in cold water and dump 3 or 4 double handfulls of ice in there.
    (this shrinks the egg white down some removing it from the membrane.)

Easy peasy to peel. For what thats worth.

Quote Originally Posted by illaj View Post
    eggs, cheese and grits anyone?
    this is the best

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    i seen an egg peeler on and infomercial that i think that it just poked a hole in the top and then pushed it out the bottom. idk yours sounds interesting though.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    She peeled my eggs!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I prefer scrambled but you probably dont want to hear that!

After you've boiled them for 10 mins (hard boiled), scoop each egg up in a large desert spoon and run it under a cold tap. Put egg in your hand and if you very gently squeeze the egg, enough so that you just feel the shell cracking, you should find the shell will literally slide off.

hero717 is offline Associate Member
    sit on it

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    When they are in the boiling water add 2 tbs of white vinegar. This will work no matter what else you do.

Thread Information