NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

looking to buy a Mountain bike, anybody know anything about them?

So I used to ride a alot about 12 yrs ago, then got out of it. But I have missed it alot and looking to get back into it. I'm looking at a full suspension Motobecane w/ Rock Shock dart 3 frnt suspension. Is this a reputable manufacturer, do they hold their name? This is just a weekend warrior bike, nothing serious just want to get out on the trails for some cardio but dont want to go too cheap as I was used to racing bikes and using good components like LX and XT parts. I'd hate to buy something and turn around and want to upgrade it immediately. Anyone?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    All i know is their expensive. The b/f and i got two last year and they were $400.00 each for a decent "beginner" style bike.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    All i know is their expensive. The b/f and i got two last year and they were $400.00 each for a decent "beginner" style bike.
    yes, I had about 2k wrapped up in mine and that was about 12 yrs ago!! I found its far better to buy a mid range bike w/ what you want on it rather than piece it together, upgrading is when it gets ridiculous. I used to race Mtn bikes as a teenager, I loved it. But I wanted to put on size and I could not do that riding all the time. But now its for different reasons, its to stimulate my mind a little more than a treadmill, get back those little adrenaline rushes I used to get hauling ass downhill or through rocks. And to travel to cool places on the weekends, see different things. Its more of an escape from the everyday grind really

damn I forgot how much fun that shit is!!! I bought a Cannondale f-7 and the wife a Specialized womens bike yesterday. Fun shit, for real!! we rode about 2 hrs yesterday and an 90 min today, I'm hungry as hell!!! Going to keep it to just weekend riding so I dont lose too much size, but so much fun to get out in the woods and do something outside the gym cardio equipment. Anybody else ride>?

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    i saw some sick videos of that online. i used to ride a little but not anymore. its aawesome but can be dangerous.

benny_jerry is offline Junior Member
    I'm riding a Specialized stumpjumper at the mo and I love nothing more than to get out do abit of road work then Cross country style. I'm looking at a full sus santacruz at the mo but I love my Specialized to much to get rid of it yet ha.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i enjoy getting out on the bike....Spring now so ill be out a lot more again!

peump is offline Senior Member
    I ride a Specialized XC FSR. Nothing like speeding through the woods dodging trees.

Thread Information