Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member

Question for the Car mechanics/freaks.

Hey guys, simple question. For a project im using a windscreen washer pump to create a high pressure rain system for some of my animals ( I breed amphibians on a small commercial scale). I used one before but they seem to run for 15min or so then they shut down, im pretty sure its over heating. Thats fine i guess, i can run it at 15min intervals. But my main question is, does the pump have to be kept submerged or above the water line with the inlet hose in a water reservoir. My old pump was solid plastic and hence i could have it submerged, but this new pump is has half a metallic case and half a plastic case and im not sure if i submerge it that it will short circuit. So my basic question is when you install these pumps in a car are then submerged in the water tank or outside it?

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    Hey guys, simple question. For a project im using a windscreen washer pump to create a high pressure rain system for some of my animals ( I breed amphibians on a small commercial scale). I used one before but they seem to run for 15min or so then they shut down, im pretty sure its over heating. Thats fine i guess, i can run it at 15min intervals. But my main question is, does the pump have to be kept submerged or above the water line with the inlet hose in a water reservoir. My old pump was solid plastic and hence i could have it submerged, but this new pump is has half a metallic case and half a plastic case and im not sure if i submerge it that it will short circuit. So my basic question is when you install these pumps in a car are then submerged in the water tank or outside it?
    submerged or not would be based on the modle you took it off of... some are some are not...

the reason y it may be over heating is the power source... a car runs on 14 . 4 volts and if you have too much or too little it will effect the usage of the pump.

my guess is there is prob some kinda pump you could buy that would duplicat the same thing... check ebay or craigslist.

damn now i have to go out and check to see if you stole the one of my truck!!!! be right back...

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    ok, im good wasnt mine...

i was thinking though if you get one off of a tyota it will prob just run and run for ever no matter if you turn it off or not - just like the gas pedales... lol

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    This is the model:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-HZ-WB-...item5d27291be6

and picture

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...One-Marked.jpg

Its running of 12V rights now at 2 Amps. This is fine for the pump, i read its specs. But i want to know if i can submerge the fuker. lol. Otherwise it over heats too fast. With 15min max run duration,then it needs to cool down for 15min then i can run it again.

Oh and yeh, i did steal your trucks one... and put a broken one in its place

Thread Information