ray0414 is offline Member

Someone made a deal with the devil (mcdonalds)

personally i dont think any of the garbage from mcdonalds should be on any weight watcher program, even if a food is low fat, its still bad quality filled with chemicals and garbage. weight watchers is there to help promote a healthy lifestyle, and even if a food is low fat, doesnt mean its promoting a healthy lifestyle. How in the hell is a chicken nugget a healthy lifestyle food? except of course if you make your own chicken nuggets at home with the simplest of ingredients and u KNOW what is in it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Shock as Weight Watchers OKs McDonald's Food

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — Meals approved by Weight Watchers are going on sale at McDonald's in New Zealand, the companies said Wednesday, in a deal trumpeted as an enjoyable way to lose weight but that nutritionists criticize as a marketing ploy that doesn't promote healthy eating.

As part of the deal — which the company says is the first of its kind in the world — McDonald's will use the Weight Watchers logo on its menu boards and Weight Watchers will promote McDonald's to dieters.

Several items on the fast food giant's menu — the Filet-O-Fish, Chicken McNuggets and Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap — have been approved for the Weight Watchers program. Each meal is worth 6.5 points on the program, which assigns points to food items and allows dieters to consume 18 to 40 points each day to achieve their goal weight.

Chris Stirk, Weight Watchers director of business in Australia and New Zealand, said the partnership between the two companies reflects "part of our philosophy that you can enjoy life ... while still achieving your weight loss goals."

But nutritionists and obesity experts said the menu items are merely a marketing ploy to lure customers into the restaurant.

"It's all about sales really," Australian Obesity Policy Coalition senior adviser Jane Martin said.

"It implies this food is healthy ... when often it is high in fat and salt. Chicken McNuggets are Chicken McNuggets whether its got Weight Watchers on it or not," she told The Associated Press.

Mark Hawthorne, chief executive officer of McDonald's New Zealand, said the country was the only one to have a McDonald's that offered Weight Watchers meals. McDonald's New Zealand has "no knowledge of any plans to roll this out in other countries," spokeswoman Kylie Taylor said.

The fast-food chain, widely criticized for selling a high-calorie, high-fat menu that includes super-size meals, was "making every best effort to generate a change in behavior, to create an awareness in consumers about making healthy choices," Hawthorne said.

McDonalds has made changes to its menu, adding healthier products such as entree-sized salads, fruit and grilled chicken sandwiches.

Stirk of Weight Watchers said the weight-loss company would not have partnered with the fast-food chain unless it was committed to change.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    I prefer the Wendy's chicken nuggets.

Biff77 is offline Junior Member
    same azz the Taco Bell diet comercials.. lol

I think every person should be forced to watch the super size movie..

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I def prefer wendy's Mcnuggets.....

McDonalds really took the gold in the milkshake catagory tho when they introduced the "Triple thick shake"

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I def prefer wendy's Mcnuggets.....

McDonalds really took the gold in the milkshake catagory tho when they introduced the "Triple thick shake"

~Haz~
    a friendly's fribble kicks its ass in the shake dept.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Mc Donalds is some seriously shitty food but once in a while I'd have it but rarely now. It is utter muck and to have them classed as "weight watcher" meals is terrible. Can you imagine the amount of fattys in the gym now with this endoresment. It's like the london Olympics who are sponsored by Mc Donalds, Cadbury's choclate and Coca Cola, hardly the best stuff to be shovelling into your mouth.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Mc Donalds is some seriously shitty food but once in a while I'd have it but rarely now. It is utter muck and to have them classed as "weight watcher" meals is terrible. Can you imagine the amount of fattys in the gym now with this endoresment. It's like the london Olympics who are sponsored by Mc Donalds, Cadbury's choclate and Coca Cola, hardly the best stuff to be shovelling into your mouth.
    McDonalds has been the official restaurant of the Olympic games for years man.

Olympics is a corporation just like any other business. They are trying to make money, and that said, they make LOTS of it. Endorsements, and co-branding is one of the simplest forms of marketing.

-VM

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Guess it worked for him..

ModelInProgress is offline Female Member
    I don't eat fast food regardless, but if this helps someone to make a "lesser of two evils" choice, maybe it will accomplish something. People who are eating fast food (at least on a regular basis) are usually not very health or weight conscious to begin with. On another note, have you ever read the labels on some actual Weight Watchers prepackaged foods? It's not really all that healthy either in the grand scheme of things.

NC600cbr is offline Associate Member
    Those fresco style tacos from t-bell aren't actually that bad. Men's health had a eat this / not that on em at some point.

Much better than anything from mcdonalds. Granted I dont' think anyone is gonna lose weight eating any of that junk, but still.

arejay is offline Associate Member
    for staarters taco hell quesadilla's my sh^t man
    secondly nothing like massing up with some double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu
    "bulking on a budget"\

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    carls jr. western bacon cheese burger =)

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post
    McDonalds has been the official restaurant of the Olympic games for years man.

Olympics is a corporation just like any other business. They are trying to make money, and that said, they make LOTS of it. Endorsements, and co-branding is one of the simplest forms of marketing.

-VM
    Ohh I know the whole theory behind it but I just think it's morally wrong to be honest by the Olympic council not the companies involved.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I eat McDonald's often when Im working on the road. A double 1/4 lber, no cheese. Maybe a parfait made with yogurt and mixed with fruit and a granola topping. Can't get any better.....

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    a friendly's fribble kicks its ass in the shake dept.
    I never had one LOL

Roy Rogers is my fast food joint of choice...... there's only 2 or 3 in the state of NJ tho LOL.

Every now and again i'll get a hankering for white castle..... I hate every minute of eating that garbage..... but sometimes it's just soooooooooo good lol

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    I had a big mac combo yesterday

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    mcdonalds is the best tasting food in the world though, as bad as it is. I would eat that 6x per day if it was good for you

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I get a 40pc nugget every time I go on a road trip. If I get hungry for one of their burgers I usually eat a bigmac with only mac sauce and cheese.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    i havent had mcdonalds in ovr 4yrs i eat fast food and when im bulking a lot of it but iv got a lot better choices right by the crib so no need for mcdonalds. steak n shake, wendys and tacobell all in walking distance if i have ot but ill drv my lazy ass up there lol

Thread Information