#47 is offline Junior Member

R.I.P Patrick Matsuda

Its a damn shame things like this happen..i personally know the girl Matsuda struck the bat and of course that really angers me but to kill the man is another story..

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/83823052.html

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Police have made an arrest in the beating death of a man over the weekend, and investigators are looking for at least one more suspect.

Blayne Allen Clifford, 19, was booked into Kern County Jail early Monday, according to a police news release. Court records show he is tentatively set for arraignment Tuesday for one count of first-degree murder.

Patrick Matsuda, 40, was beaten to death early Sunday on the 4300 block of Whitegate Avenue, near the corner of McKee and Akers.

Matsuda had apparently gone across the street to complain about a loud party. Neighbors said the house with the weekend party had been the scene of a lot of noise and commotion in the past months.

A neighbor who didn't want to be identified said the people in the house would fix cars and trucks in the garage and driveway, hold the loud parties and had a lot of people coming and going.

"They have parties all the weekends," the neighbor said Monday morning. "Every time, they were noisy and annoying."

This neighbor also said she had been worried about the situation.

"I have little ones, and I work, my husband does also, and sometimes they have to walk to school, and I don't feel safe with those kinds of neighbors," she said.

Early Sunday morning, police said Matsuda approached a man and woman outside the neighbor's home.

In a news release Monday afternoon, police said Matsuda hit the man in the face during the argument. Matsuda also hit the woman when she intervened, police said.

The male partygoer, whose name was withheld, ran inside the house for backup, police said. That's when other partygoers, including Clifford, reportedly went after Matsuda.

The fight escalated, with Matsuda reportedly getting a baseball bat from his garage and the partygoers then getting two bats from their house.

Matsuda chased the partygoers back across the street, striking a woman on the arm with his bat in the process, police said.

An unidentified man then hit Matsuda in the head with a bat, and Clifford allegedly started hitting Matsuda with a bat as Matsuda lay on the ground. Other partygoers are accused of hitting and kicking him as he lay on the ground.

The autopsy also revealed Matsuda was stabbed.

All of the partygoers ran away before police arrived. Investigators are trying to identify the other partygoer who is accused of hitting Matsuda with a bat. He's described as a white or Hispanic man in his early 20s who is about 5-foot-10 and 160 pounds with short hair, a possible goatee and tattoos on his arms and neck.

The investigation into the roles of other partygoers is continuing, as well.

Police told Eyewitness News the house had been rented by Clifford and his father.

U.S. Distressed Mortgage Fund now has ownership of the house. A spokesperson told Eyewitness News the company had recently acquired the property through auction, and it had started proceedings to evict the current occupants.

On Monday, a "no occupancy" noticed was posted by Bakersfield Code Compliance. An officer said when they found the windows broken out, they ordered the windows boarded up. No one can live in the house until the boards can be removed and the windows repaired.

Police said they got a 911 call from the victim's wife at 2:28 a.m. on Sunday, and that's when police cars were sent out. Sgt. Mary DeGeare said officers reached the scene at 2:32 a.m.

DeGeare said it can take officers a while to respond to loud party complaints -- especially on the weekends -- but this call had become more than that, and the response time reflects that.

"We were there within a matter of four minutes, because there was a 911 call, and a woman was reporting that her husband was being assaulted," DeGeare said.

Asked what neighbors should do when there's a loud party or disturbance near their homes, DeGeare has strong advice.

"We would recommend that people call the police and let the police come out, and break up the party," DeGeare said.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Maybe you should ask the girl what she is doing hanging around with a bunch of murderers.

#47 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Maybe you should ask the girl what she is doing hanging around with a bunch of murderers.
    correct me if im wrong but your statement makes it seem like you think they were just sitting around waiting to kill someone. if so thats not the case, unfortunately events can escalate out of control especially when alcohol is involved.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by #47 View Post
    correct me if im wrong but your statement makes it seem like you think they were just sitting around waiting to kill someone. if so thats not the case, unfortunately events can escalate out of control especially when alcohol is involved.
    No that's not what I mean. I mean she was hanging around with a bunch of guys who think it's ok to beat people with baseball bats and stab people while they are on the ground. There's a saying about the company you choose to keep that applies. Unfortunate incident nonetheless.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by #47 View Post
    Its a damn shame things like this happen..i personally know the girl Matsuda struck the bat and of course that really angers me but to kill the man is another story..

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/83823052.html

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Police have made an arrest in the beating death of a man over the weekend, and investigators are looking for at least one more suspect.

Blayne Allen Clifford, 19, was booked into Kern County Jail early Monday, according to a police news release. Court records show he is tentatively set for arraignment Tuesday for one count of first-degree murder.

Patrick Matsuda, 40, was beaten to death early Sunday on the 4300 block of Whitegate Avenue, near the corner of McKee and Akers.

Matsuda had apparently gone across the street to complain about a loud party. Neighbors said the house with the weekend party had been the scene of a lot of noise and commotion in the past months.

A neighbor who didn't want to be identified said the people in the house would fix cars and trucks in the garage and driveway, hold the loud parties and had a lot of people coming and going.

"They have parties all the weekends," the neighbor said Monday morning. "Every time, they were noisy and annoying."

This neighbor also said she had been worried about the situation.

"I have little ones, and I work, my husband does also, and sometimes they have to walk to school, and I don't feel safe with those kinds of neighbors," she said.

Early Sunday morning, police said Matsuda approached a man and woman outside the neighbor's home.

In a news release Monday afternoon, police said Matsuda hit the man in the face during the argument. Matsuda also hit the woman when she intervened, police said.

The male partygoer, whose name was withheld, ran inside the house for backup, police said. That's when other partygoers, including Clifford, reportedly went after Matsuda.

The fight escalated, with Matsuda reportedly getting a baseball bat from his garage and the partygoers then getting two bats from their house.

Matsuda chased the partygoers back across the street, striking a woman on the arm with his bat in the process, police said.

An unidentified man then hit Matsuda in the head with a bat, and Clifford allegedly started hitting Matsuda with a bat as Matsuda lay on the ground. Other partygoers are accused of hitting and kicking him as he lay on the ground.

The autopsy also revealed Matsuda was stabbed.

All of the partygoers ran away before police arrived. Investigators are trying to identify the other partygoer who is accused of hitting Matsuda with a bat. He's described as a white or Hispanic man in his early 20s who is about 5-foot-10 and 160 pounds with short hair, a possible goatee and tattoos on his arms and neck.

The investigation into the roles of other partygoers is continuing, as well.

Police told Eyewitness News the house had been rented by Clifford and his father.

U.S. Distressed Mortgage Fund now has ownership of the house. A spokesperson told Eyewitness News the company had recently acquired the property through auction, and it had started proceedings to evict the current occupants.

On Monday, a "no occupancy" noticed was posted by Bakersfield Code Compliance. An officer said when they found the windows broken out, they ordered the windows boarded up. No one can live in the house until the boards can be removed and the windows repaired.

Police said they got a 911 call from the victim's wife at 2:28 a.m. on Sunday, and that's when police cars were sent out. Sgt. Mary DeGeare said officers reached the scene at 2:32 a.m.

DeGeare said it can take officers a while to respond to loud party complaints -- especially on the weekends -- but this call had become more than that, and the response time reflects that.

"We were there within a matter of four minutes, because there was a 911 call, and a woman was reporting that her husband was being assaulted," DeGeare said.

Asked what neighbors should do when there's a loud party or disturbance near their homes, DeGeare has strong advice.

"We would recommend that people call the police and let the police come out, and break up the party," DeGeare said.
    Sounds like he started it and got himself killed

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    No that's not what I mean. I mean she was hanging around with a bunch of guys who think it's ok to beat people with baseball bats and stab people while they are on the ground. There's a saying about the company you choose to keep that applies. Unfortunate incident nonetheless.
    sums it up pretty well..
    charge them with murder...

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    definately a sad ending.....weapons are for cowards!.....

firsttimer555 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Never should have hit the women no matter what happened take a real coward to hit a women

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    What did the girl tell you about what happened? Although shes probably pretty tight lipped at this point to protect her friends...

Matsuda probably went over all pissed off after months of being disturbed by the partying/annoying neighbors and when he went over to confront them he was greeted by hostility. Young people are all about their egos and the drunk young adults certainly werent going to let some old guy tell them to shut down their party so they got all up in his grill probably insulting him...he punches so guy then he retrreats and gets a bat from his house or something like that.

At this point the guy should have just gone in his house and called the cops either that or grabbed a gat ... But at the same time people like to be "tough" and deal with sh it on their own without popo involvement maybe he had a bit of that philopshy who knows.

He was stupid for punching someone when he was severely outnumbered and then hitting a girl on the arm with a bat was a huge error with drunkin hooligans with bats roaming around all over id imagine.. Clearly they were going to strike back maybe one hit with a baseball bat to the head but to repeatidly hit him with the bat when hes on the ground you should know you're going to kill someone.

But ya the guy probably had the bat because he was outnumbered but in the end they just got bats as well...

If this guy had a 9 milli from his house instead of a bat do u think he would still be alive?

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    definately a sad ending.....weapons are for cowards!.....
    Weapons are for every idiot now and days. There is no such thing as a fair fight. And if there is.. The one getting there ass kicked usually retaliates and someone ends up being killed.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Z View Post
    Weapons are for every idiot now and days. There is no such thing as a fair fight. And if there is.. The one getting there ass kicked usually retaliates and someone ends up being killed.
    dont i know it!....i lost a mate to knife attack a few years back and another was stabbed the other week in a night club....off a woman, she had a kitchen knife in her hand bag!!

Thread Information