Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

Easter

What does Easter mean to you?

Vettester is offline Banned
    Truthfully Marcus, it's just another day on this end. Hopefully the gym traffic will be light and maybe my wife and me will go hit a good buffet in the afternoon. Might be able to run my car a little ... Haven't seen the forecast for So Cal, but chances are usually pretty good for sunshine. How bout you?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    im not religous at all.

just going to a nice steakhouse for dinner

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Truthfully Marcus, it's just another day on this end. Hopefully the gym traffic will be light and maybe my wife and me will go hit a good buffet in the afternoon. Might be able to run my car a little ... Haven't seen the forecast for So Cal, but chances are usually pretty good for sunshine. How bout you?
    I am not religous so it doesnt mean anything to me, i was just trying to get a feel of the other members because I know we have some very religous guys here...

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Not a church guy. To me it's become more a holiday for kids and less for religion, but which holiday hasn't. I'll be working and then coming home and working some more.

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    3 days off from work and fitting in with public holiday opening hours at the gym.

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    "Good thing the Jews killed that Jesus guy so I get a day off work" - my coworker

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Short Easter means I have to pin more. Long Easter means I only pin 2x a week.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    ester my friend... lolol!

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Easter means my gym is closed and I gotta find another one thats open and probably pay a rediculous fee to use it

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    chocolate eggs

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Lots of chocolate eggs thats it.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    It's the last brunch buffet before my diet.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Cheat meals. Maybe a Cadbury cream egg.

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    3 double cheese burgers, 1 big mac, large fries, large choc milk shake, a mcflurry and snickers, thats easter.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Cheat meals. Maybe a Calgarian cream egg.

Gross.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Easter is more for kids now..... I just get excited over my mothers easter bread and the crown roast for dinner.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Easter means longweekend to mee.

ModelInProgress is offline Female Member
    I know the reason behind the day as a Christian (although the holiday actually has roots in pagan tradition)...however, it now means that I have to spend hours with my least favorite group of my husband's relatives.

sarasotafloridabrian is offline Associate Member
    Kids, kids, kids. All about the kids.
    Raised with traditions I no longer follow regularly; however, I think it important to instll some sense of goodwill, moral character, and ritualism in peoples lives.
    You gotta believe in something, or you will fall for anything.
    JMO

cobra305 is offline Member
    It is another holiday destroyed by hallmark. Buy a card, spend some money, and lie to my daughter and tell her a rabbit shit chocolate eggs allover the yard so she can keep her childhood innocence one more year.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasotafloridabrian View Post
    Kids, kids, kids. All about the kids.
    Raised with traditions I no longer follow regularly; however, I think it important to instll some sense of goodwill, moral character, and ritualism in peoples lives.
    You gotta believe in something, or you will fall for anything.
    JMO
    Nah, I don't buy that.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Its probably one of the most introspective times of the year for myself.

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    Lots of unhealthy foods, and kids.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_m63 View Post
    Lots of unhealthy foods, and kids.
    Sounds like a pedos dream

For me not much other than I have time off etc. And I'm glad to have the time off to be honest.

When my daughter was little it was fun hiding the eggs and watching her search. As she got older it was sort of fun taking her to Easter egg hunts to take pictures and videos but it seemed to always be spoiled by other kids who where greedy spoiled little brats who would push her out of the way to get an egg she was picking up, steal eggs out of her basket and just be rude. She seemed to always be one of the only non brats.

As she got older she had fun going mostly to help other little kids and to stop the brats from taking over and to find one or two herself for the memory.

When I was little I have the same memories of the brats being pushy, stealing and thinking WTF it's supposed to be fun and it's only eggs but they are acting like it's a race to the death...

I also had fun in my teens when the church I went to had an Easter egg hunt. My mom helped color eggs. I added a few non boiled colored eggs to the group... hehehehe Funny mess when the kids went to break them. The mothers where like Opps, someone didnt boil enough.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    You can tell I have not long woken up - I had to read that about 3 times - very good!

Easter is one of the best weekends of the year for sales in my business so Happy Days!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall View Post
    You can tell I have not long woken up - I had to read that about 3 times - very good!

Easter is one of the best weekends of the year for sales in my business so Happy Days!
    Ohhh so YOU are the Easter bunny?

Why does the Easter Bunny hide his eggs?

He doesn't want anyone to know he fvcked a chicken.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Ohhh so YOU are the Easter bunny?

Why does the Easter Bunny hide his eggs?

He doesn't want anyone to know he fvcked a chicken.
    Sshhhhhhh!

Oh and that fuckin chicken slipped me some rohypnol I swear...

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Chocolate...........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Let's see:

1. A way to manipulate common minds.

2. A business.

3. A holiday for kids.

4. A problem for myself because I live in downtown and the city gets palsied by the Pope during these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Let's see:

1. A way to manipulate common minds.

2. A business.

3. A holiday for kids.

4. A problem for myself because I live in downtown and the city gets palsied by the Pope during these days.
    LOL, you arent just being a LITTLE cynical now are you?
    Yes like most it is to commercial but when you have kids it can still be fun and full of good memories for you/them if you do it right.

It's my 37 yr anniversary of when I had a piece of metal go through my right eye, lens, cornea and making me legally blind in one eye.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    we didnt have dye to color eggs so my wife just gave me blue balls instead

BJJ
    LOL, you arent just being a LITTLE cynical now are you?
    Yes like most it is to commercial but when you have kids it can still be fun and full of good memories for you/them if you do it right. agree

It's my 37 yr anniversary of when I had a piece of metal go through my right eye, lens, cornea and making me legally blind in one eye. sorry to read that. what happened?
    bold

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    bold
    I was just being a 10 yr old kid watching my day trying to break a chain off of something in the bed of our pickup truck with a hammer and chissle. I was standing on the bumper of the pick up truck watching.

1972 no such thing as anyone wearing safety glasses.

A piece of the hammer (I still have the hammer with piece missing) came off and went through my right eye cornea, lens and 50% through the back of my eye socket.

It didnt really hurt. Just felt like I got something in my eye. I could see perfectly fine also except for this black spot the kept floating around. LOL

They did tons of xray looking for it for hours until they discovered it had passed THROUGH they eye ball and into the socket. They said they where surprised my eye had not collapse but it immediately sealed itself. Pretty amazing body part.

They took out the eye ball, removed the metal shard and did their best to repair the eye. They lense on the inside was GONE... The metal took out the bottom part of the lip that holds it in place.

I spent Good Friday (not so good) and the next 10 days in the hospital. I remember some really cute nurses though and liked the sponge baths.

3 surgeries and and 1 year later I was legally blind in my right eye but could see light and shapes.

Fast forward to 1988? and had one of the very first Cornea transplants. They even took a 1hr video of the whole surgery to use for teaching purposes. I was awake during the whole thing talking to the doctor also LOL WEIRD...
    This only helped the vision minimaly due to no lens inside.

Interesting thing about not having a lens inside your eye; it filters out ultraviolet light. You know the really really good black lights in clubs that you dont even notice because they are so black? it's like looking at a 1000w light bulb to me with my right eye. It's really really bright and blinding.

Fast forward to 2000 and I had another cornea transplant and this time a lens transplant as well. I now have 20/50 in the right eye and could legally drive with only the vision of my right eye. That is SO wrong.... No way would I. It still is crap.... I cant read unless the print is big. I can see SOME street signs and make out traffic lights sort of. That law needs changed.

I can see good enough to get buy if I had to now and expect something new and improved in the next 10 years MAYBE... never know with the current health care plan in place now.

OK enough details for now? LOL

BJJ
    I was just being a 10 yr old kid watching my day trying to break a chain off of something in the bed of our pickup truck with a hammer and chissle. I was standing on the bumper of the pick up truck watching.

1972 no such thing as anyone wearing safety glasses.

A piece of the hammer (I still have the hammer with piece missing) came off and went through my right eye cornea, lens and 50% through the back of my eye socket.

It didnt really hurt. Just felt like I got something in my eye. I could see perfectly fine also except for this black spot the kept floating around. LOL

They did tons of xray looking for it for hours until they discovered it had passed THROUGH they eye ball and into the socket. They said they where surprised my eye had not collapse but it immediately sealed itself. Pretty amazing body part.

They took out the eye ball, removed the metal shard and did their best to repair the eye. They lense on the inside was GONE... The metal took out the bottom part of the lip that holds it in place.

I spent Good Friday (not so good) and the next 10 days in the hospital. I remember some really cute nurses though and liked the sponge baths.

3 surgeries and and 1 year later I was legally blind in my right eye but could see light and shapes.

Fast forward to 1988? and had one of the very first Cornea transplants. They even took a 1hr video of the whole surgery to use for teaching purposes. I was awake during the whole thing talking to the doctor also LOL WEIRD...
    This only helped the vision minimaly due to no lens inside.

Interesting thing about not having a lens inside your eye; it filters out ultraviolet light. You know the really really good black lights in clubs that you dont even notice because they are so black? it's like looking at a 1000w light bulb to me with my right eye. It's really really bright and blinding.

Fast forward to 2000 and I had another cornea transplant and this time a lens transplant as well. I now have 20/50 in the right eye and could legally drive with only the vision of my right eye. That is SO wrong.... No way would I. It still is crap.... I cant read unless the print is big. I can see SOME street signs and make out traffic lights sort of. That law needs changed.

I can see good enough to get buy if I had to now and expect something new and improved in the next 10 years MAYBE... never know with the current health care plan in place now.

OK enough details for now? LOL
    Enough to wish you to recover completely in the future, thanks to the science.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    pre summer cycle chocolate binge feast, now where did i put the thorntons !?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think of Easter and think of Easter Eggs and hotcross buns!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Chocolate,Food, family and alcohol

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boz88 View Post
    chocolate,food, family and alcohol
    no bbq! I think BBQ has to be said seperate of food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information