...aydn... is offline Associate Member

personal empowerment and success books?

anyone on here read any great books about how to better yourself as a human in work, social, physical and mental??? would like to know of some and what people think about them and if you think they have changed your life.
    i have recently ordered some books off amazon and pretty keen to get reading

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah stop reading and start doing. I have read maybe 6 books in my life. Last one way maybe 10 years ago.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Good read

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by ...aydn... View Post
    anyone on here read any great books about how to better yourself as a human in work, social, physical and mental??? would like to know of some and what people think about them and if you think they have changed your life.
    i have recently ordered some books off amazon and pretty keen to get reading
    Rich dad Poor dad. Great book that opens your eyes to things that are right in front of you.

JC.1987 is offline Associate Member
    Theres 2 books you can read:

"How to win friends on Influence people" by Dale Carnegie. This book has been around for a long time and has some credibility. You can actually google it, and you can get the PDF version of it for free.

Also, another book is called "Influence" by Robert Cialdini.... this book has also been around for quite some time.

** side note: I have not read either of these books, but i know people who swear by them.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JC.1987 View Post
    Theres 2 books you can read:

"How to win friends on Influence people" by Dale Carnegie. This book has been around for a long time and has some credibility. You can actually google it, and you can get the PDF version of it for free.

Also, another book is called "Influence" by Robert Cialdini.... this book has also been around for quite some time.

** side note: I have not read either of these books, but i know people who swear by them.
    ^ Fantastic book, don't be a tightass and look for a free pdf though - buy the real book it's pretty cheap and reading pdf books is hard work.

Personally I would recommend "Notes from a friend" by Anthony Robbins first though - very light reading and a fantastic introduction to these types of books - I have bought and given away about 20 copies of this now to friends and sales reps who work for me and the vast majority have thanked me and all quoted different parts of it to me that helped them.

I used to be extremely cynical about these sort of books but they really can improve your perspective on life and give you some fantastic "tools" to help you get what you want.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Rich dad Poor dad. Great book that opens your eyes to things that are right in front of you.
    OK Ill admit, I didnt read it but I listened to it on tape. I have to agree, it was good.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    "The Secret"

Pay $50 for the book. It will give you the following message:

"If you want something, then get off of your lazy ass and work for it."

I wasted days reading that book. I got played. It costed me all that money to read something I already knew

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    I will share this with you..

There are two rules to happiness & Success
    Rule #1
    Never Share everything You know...

Thread Information