alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

Nightmare on elm street

Did anyone see it this weekend. I grew up watching the original Freddy kreugar movies and I thought they ruined this movie.

This is the freddy kreuger that scared me as a child

Not this retarded looking freddy

I would have expected them to make him look more like the original seeing as how hes the first new actor to play the character. All in all it was your typical "modern" horror movie and I would not recommend it.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    i think they are trying to restart the series so the past krueger would have no bearing on this one

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whats with all these lame remakes lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Whats with all these lame remakes lately?
    One word...Money

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Its Hollywood running out of creative new ideas and just being lazy. Why think of something new when you can just rehash on something that has already been thought of and just tweaking it here and there to make it a little different.

The thing I never understood is why remake a movie that has already been done well? Why not remake a movie that didnt do so well and improve upon it to make it better? Instead they take something that alot of people love and just dumb it down.

I did like alice in wonderland, I thought they did that justice.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    ^ Agree. I was impressed by that. Depp is so dynamic

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    Its Hollywood running out of creative new ideas and just being lazy. Why think of something new when you can just rehash on something that has already been thought of and just tweaking it here and there to make it a little different.

The thing I never understood is why remake a movie that has already been done well? Why not remake a movie that didnt do so well and improve upon it to make it better? Instead they take something that alot of people love and just dumb it down.
    They are doing tha talot....over board the remake is coming outsoon

ray0414 is offline Member
    i watched the first 15mins of hte new nightmare online, i grew up a huge freddy fan also, i think the new freddy looks horrible and sounds horrible too. stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    i watched the first 15mins of hte new nightmare online, i grew up a huge freddy fan also, i think the new freddy looks horrible and sounds horrible too. stupid.
    agreed, its like freddy kreuger with fetal alcohol syndrome. They fvcked the plot all up too.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Did you see whos playing Freddy? The guys not even a real actor, he said he retired something like 15 years ago because he wasn't making a real living out of it, and this is his first movie back acting in 15 years.

That fact alone, and the interview in general made me realize this remake was gonna be a complete mess. The guys not even a REAL ACTOR, PLZZZ, if you're gonna remake a classic like this get someone who can actually play the fvckn role.

All I wanna know is when they're gonna remake scarface, that would be the most brilliant idea anyone could think of. Just that it would be hard as hell to find an actor as good as Al Pacino in his younger years, at this point hes too old and dried up for the role. But someone really needs to get on top of a scarface remake imo.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    i was looking forward to this film.......not so much now though,,,,,i loved the original nightmare on elm street......fuken terified me when i was a kid!

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    I just watched the original, its streaming on Netflix. Great movie. I wont be watching the remake anytime soon. MAYBE when it comes out on video.

onetonwrangler is offline New Member
    My oldest sister took me to watch it when I was a kid. I don't remember how old I was but I was too young to watch that. I'm still scared of Freddy Krueger lol!

the new freddy krueger was played by Roshak on Watchmen

LunchEater is offline New Member
    too many remakes. I still kind of want to see it because i liked the original, just know i will come away disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    ^ Agree. I was impressed by that. Depp is so dynamic
    Hes the perfect actor to play those wierd parts. I cant think of anyone else that could play the roles he does.

I liked tht haley guy in watchmen and I think he could have done freddy justice but they made some mistakes. In my opinion they should have done everything they could to make him look like the original because thats the freddy kreuger people want. The other mistake they made was that it was like a half remake of the original. They should have kept the plot the same and just kind of remastered it with some better effects and what not.

Thread Information