J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

My dog has to have exploratory surgery today :(

I have a 3 year old Renaissance Bulldog who loves to eat anything that can fit in his mouth. He has that bulldog mouth that about anything can fit in.

He has not been eating all day today, threw up about 5-8 times yesterday. He can't even keep down water.

I went into the office to check on him and the doctor and his assistant told me all signs point to a blockage in the little guys belly. They told me 95% chance of exploratory surgery.

The thought of him being cut open made me start to tear up. His assistant graduated 3 years behind me, and we "kind of" know each other, so she gave me a hug. Which only made it worse.

I'm sure he'll be fine, I take him to the best clinic I could find since I've had him and really trust my vet. Just the thought of him having to be opened up is troublesome.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Im sure they will take good care of him and get him up and feeling better in no time! I would be a wreck too though if one of my dogs had to have surgery. One of my friends has a puppy and they said he swallowed a whole sock, I thought for sure he was going to have to bring him to the vets but the little guy passed it right through him! I was pretty amazed.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    That sucks, dude. Fortunately blockages are not uncommon and procedures to find and remove them are done ALL the time. I'm sure he'll make a very quick recovery and be back to eating things he shouldn't in no time!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Good luck

slimy is offline Associate Member
    Good luck to you and your bulldog friend.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    best of luck to you and your dog.... hope he recovers quickly

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck man, I will be wishing ur little guy nothing but a fast recovery..

Thanks guys, he goes under in 30 minutes.

But he's at his fair share of socks in the past, and I'll find them in the yard.

The doc says he would not be surprised if it's a sock.

He's a awesome dog, but he loves to eat so much he does not even chew his food.

But thanks for the kind words, looking forward to having him lay around at the house again soon.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Thanks guys, he goes under in 30 minutes.

But he's at his fair share of socks in the past, and I'll find them in the yard.

The doc says he would not be surprised if it's a sock.

He's a awesome dog, but he loves to eat so much he does not even chew his food.

But thanks for the kind words, looking forward to having him lay around at the house again soon.

There was just something on TV about this last week...... they've found socks, spoons, and all kinds of shit inside the stomach of bigger dogs......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    There was just something on TV about this last week...... they've found socks, spoons, and all kinds of shit inside the stomach of bigger dogs......

~Haz~
    Yah, It is farily common, like someone had mentioned above.

But it took 3 hours, he had 2 blockages, they removed about 8" of small intestine and removed a chunk of tire from his stomach as well.

No more tire, tug toys for him. He just assumes if it fits in his mouth, it's okay to eat. But a big relief after it's over.

I was the joke of my girl friends work with her friends, cause guys always cry about their dogs, but never their girl friends

cobra305 is offline Member
    Glad to hear everything went well.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Good Luck to your strambullotto.

Went an saw him today at the vets office. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see something/someone.

My girlfriend says I have issues, lol.

As soon as he heard my voice he started wiggling his nubby (his cropped tail). He stood up to leave with me, but he has to stay another day. But was really happy to see him and see him feeling better.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Glad to hear he's doing great! I'm sure he can't wait to get home.

slimy is offline Associate Member
    No issues, man. Girls come and go, but your dog is always gonna be your dog.

Glad he is doing okay.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Thats great man, glad to hear everything went well. When you said he had part of a car tire in him I pictured that shark in Jaws where the license plate falls out when they cut him open. lol

JScondition is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slimy View Post
    No issues, man. Girls come and go, but your dog is always gonna be your dog.
    So true. I think if I lost my dog I would be in a world of trouble. He, like the saying goes, is man's best friend.

Happy your buddy is doin better.

Thanks again guys, He came home today and is laying by my feet right now.

He has a row of staples about 16" long and acts like he's not even hurt. I have to keep him calm cause he's trying to eat any food he can and play.

I can't believe he went from that sick 2 days ago, to this so fast. He acts like nothing even happened.

They let him out at the vets office, and I've never been so happy to write a check.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh that sucks man. Our dog just had surgery, he at something that he could not pass and his kidneys started to fail. Its been a week and he's 100%. Good to hear hes doing good.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Good to hear, pets kick ass

Thread Information