Thread: Key loggers

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member

Key loggers

I am in need of a key logger that runs silently in the background. I will continue to do a search however if you guys or gals have any ideas as to any good ones let me know thanks

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    kidlogger is a free key logger software that's legal. It runs silently too.

I would give you some of the ones i have created, however they are a lot more malicious, and unless you know C or C++ you wont be able to get it running.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    get a hardware keylogger

they plug into the back of the pc between the PS2 or USB keyboard port.

most software based ones are seen as viruses by the most popular anti virus suites.....

Phosphor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    get a hardware keylogger

they plug into the back of the pc between the PS2 or USB keyboard port.

most software based ones are seen as viruses by the most popular anti virus suites.....
    I agree - the manual way is a bit of a pain in the ass, but if you have regular access to the system, your set. The nicer software variety have features to where you can access the information across the net. Also, if you go with a software version, just load it up and run a scan with the software and if/when it finds anything, just choose the ignore option if available and your set. It's always a sad day when you have to resort to stuff like this, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do for peace of mind.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    I used a real good one. Not proud of it, it was wrong. But I was ready to marry this girl and suspected she was cheating. She was. Not proud but I don't regret it.

This one does much more. Takes screen captures as often as you like and sends them to your computer. If you set the intervals short, you see everything as if in real time. Eventually it was picked up by anti virus. There may be a way around that but I had everything I needed by that point.

www.networklookout.com

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fig View Post
    I used a real good one. Not proud of it, it was wrong. But I was ready to marry this girl and suspected she was cheating. She was. Not proud but I don't regret it.

This one does much more. Takes screen captures as often as you like and sends them to your computer. If you set the intervals short, you see everything as if in real time. Eventually it was picked up by anti virus. There may be a way around that but I had everything I needed by that point.

www.networklookout.com
    Sounds like you saved yourself a LOT of future pain and suffering. Doesn't it suck that someone would be this way who is planning on getting married? How evil is that? What is/was their real intention? You where just a steeping stone or future retirement.

Better safe than sorry.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Sounds like you saved yourself a LOT of future pain and suffering. Doesn't it suck that someone would be this way who is planning on getting married? How evil is that? What is/was their real intention? You where just a steeping stone or future retirement.

Better safe than sorry.
    Yea it would have been bad. As much as I wished things worked out, I'm glad I got out when I did. There was nothing I could do about it. And yes, I can't believe that either. She had been talking about marriage for years, was def something she wanted. She got it though. Some 400lb. clown knocked her up a few month after I left. Feel bad for the guy...I know he doesn't know she was calling me for a month straight begging to spend the night with me

senorsalt is offline Associate Member
    can this work on a labtop that you both use

Cheetah is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

I got just the app
    its called phonemypc

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Like said above, software loggers will be seen as a virus with any decent AV program. Although you can add it to the exclusion programs there is still a change a process can throw a flag.

ozzY PLO is offline New Member
    I know this is old but just add an exception to the AV you are using and your good to go. If you dont have admin access to the AV servers then you definitely need something discreet. hARDWARE BASED should work but i have tools to detect those type of connections.

LeroyB is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    If you have enough rights to install a software one properly its fine you just define the exceptions.
    I've used both and software is ezer imo. It can mail you the info and thus you have no need to go back and fetch the usb / ps2 device.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    You can fine a number of examples of key loggers on www.thecodeproject.com; some of them will even upload the logged data to a remote ftp server.

383s10 is offline New Member
    I would not go with a free version. It is full of malware and crap. Get the one that plugs into the back of your computer.

Thread Information