NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

F*C#!!! Trying to sell my truck is like pulling teeth!!

Well I guess the truck market still ****ing sucks ass, I've been trying like hell to sell this thing now for over a month, nothing!! I've gotten maybe 2 phone calls on it. I've advertised it everywhere, it's an 04' F-250 XLT Diesel, only has 96k on it, and I'm only asking $13,500. This ****er still books for $18,000, you would think someone would have jumped at this shit by now but no!! Nothing!!!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    Well I guess the truck market still ****ing sucks ass, I've been trying like hell to sell this thing now for over a month, nothing!! I've gotten maybe 2 phone calls on it. I've advertised it everywhere, it's an 04' F-250 XLT Diesel, only has 96k on it, and I'm only asking $13,500. This ****er still books for $18,000, you would think someone would have jumped at this shit by now but no!! Nothing!!!
    nothing sells for book anymore. Since the economy sucks prices have dropped. I paid like 5k under book for my bmw 2 months ago from a dealer.

look around online and see what comparable trucks are selling for.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    nothing sells for book anymore. Since the economy sucks prices have dropped. I paid like 5k under book for my bmw 2 months ago from a dealer.

look around online and see what comparable trucks are selling for.
    I already have bro, they are still selling for 3-4k over what mine is priced for. Nobody wants a Diesel right now I guess, and these stupid ass rednecks wont buy anything that's a 2WD, even though they wont use the 4WD and they dont realize a 2WD actually has more towing capacity

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the economy is still down. Wish I had cash to blow you can get some deals. Maybe trade the truck plus cash for something if you need a sedan.

If you feel bad just hop on craigslist and watch all the people trying to unload 67 shelby fastbacks and show quality impalas. Poor guys can't pay the bills on them but theres no market for them right now unless they will take a big hit.
    Last edited by cherrydrpepper; 06-29-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    LMAO...reminds me of when my gf was trying to sell her Lexus GS, and some guy offered an F-150 in trade. Dumbass.

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Anyone actually know how hard is is to pull teeth?

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Well, You aren't going to have much luck with your truck. I have been in the buying/selling/trading game for awhile, my family is into it. Bottom line is with most vehicles, its not a lack of desire, its a lack of funds. There are plenty of people who would love that truck, but not very many people who have over 13k just sitting around, waiting to be spent on a truck.
    Plus, the 1996-2006 vehicles as a whole, if they are american brand, are terrible. Nobody that knows anything about vehicles wants something built between 96 and 2006. The worst decade ever for american car companies.
    And let me ask you this, what type of diesel is it?

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Well, You aren't going to have much luck with your truck. I have been in the buying/selling/trading game for awhile, my family is into it. Bottom line is with most vehicles, its not a lack of desire, its a lack of funds. There are plenty of people who would love that truck, but not very many people who have over 13k just sitting around, waiting to be spent on a truck.
    Plus, the 1996-2006 vehicles as a whole, if they are american brand, are terrible. Nobody that knows anything about vehicles wants something built between 96 and 2006. The worst decade ever for american car companies.
    Lol...sounds like you are taking the price down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Lol...sounds like you are taking the price down.
    hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah

Well, If he wants to sell it, he is going to have to drop the price, or be really, really, really patient.
    The reason I was asking about what type of diesel, is because if he has the 7.3 then it is alot more likely he will sell it, but if it is the 6.0, then he is in trouble. Those 6 liters were the worst thing Ford ever did, and alot of people know it.
    And it is a sad fact that despite your personal preference, 4x4 is always more valuable and sought after than 2wd. Especially if someone is going to drop 13k on a truck, they want to feel like they got what they wanted, not that they spent 13k and settled for something they didn't want.

Blog Entries
    I eventually got sick of playing the musical chairs game with cars. Been driving the same mustang for quite some time. At least with it I know what I got. Seems like most cars with a few exceptions are only good for about 5 years then shit starts breaking left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    I eventually got sick of playing the musical chairs game with cars. Been driving the same mustang for quite some time. At least with it I know what I got. Seems like most cars with a few exceptions are only good for about 5 years then shit starts breaking left and right.
    Thats completely true, and actually giving those cars more credit than they deserve, if we are talking about anything from 1996-2006.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    all american cars are shit lol

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    I am curious where you get your stats from... 96 to 06 are the worst... Domestic won more safety awards in the early 2000's then they have ever won in any other decade. I am sorry but you are confused when you say this... no offense. I was in the car industry for 6 years now run a finance company that directly lends money on many things and cars/trucks are one of them... I also still buy/sell cars on the side as a hobby because I enjoy it and sir are mistaken.

Well, If he wants to sell it, he is going to have to drop the price, or be really, really, really patient.
    The reason I was asking about what type of diesel, is because if he has the 7.3 then it is alot more likely he will sell it, but if it is the 6.0, then he is in trouble. Those 6 liters were the worst thing Ford ever did, and alot of people know it.
    And it is a sad fact that despite your personal preference, 4x4 is always more valuable and sought after than 2wd. Especially if someone is going to drop 13k on a truck, they want to feel like they got what they wanted, not that they spent 13k and settled for something they didn't want.
    He is correct the 7.3L is the most desirable "Ford" Diesel engine but they stopped making is in December 2002. So the 2003 model ford diesels are half and half. Some have the 7.3L and some have the 6.0L but in the 2004 they will all have that shitty 6.0L. As for the 2WD aspect, it is a harder sell but then again that depends on where you live... where I live, you'd be crazy to buy a 2WD drive but it's winter 6 months a year here.

OP You need to market it right.... People who are looking for something to pull their 5th wheel with or trailer down to Arizona every year for the winter or farmers. That is your market, so direct your advertising to them. Farmers normally don't give a fuk about 4x4 and would rather save the money cuz they are beating it up around the farm and will probably throw big fuken chains on the tires anyways. Find a farmers market and post up flyers or find some sort of magazine farmers/holidayers <--- not a word will see your advertisement. You'll sell it trust me! The good news is... all those trailer towers know that 2WD pulls more and gets better fuel economy and that is important to them

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    all american cars are shit lol
    Every manufacturer makes good and bad. No offense but if you say that... you are ignorant to the automobile industry and you are stating your personal preference as fact. Look at Toyota and what they have been going through and they were consider the best manufacturer out of all of them.

Sorry if I seem a little overbearing but cars and sales of cars is a passion/hobby of mine.... kinda like my own little child.... not trying to start problems just clearing the air.

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I am curious where you get your stats from... 96 to 06 are the worst... Domestic won more safety awards in the early 2000's then they have ever won in any other decade. I am sorry but you are confused when you say this... no offense. I was in the car industry for 6 years now run a finance company that directly lends money on many things and cars/trucks are one of them... I also still buy/sell cars on the side as a hobby because I enjoy it and sir are mistaken.

He is correct the 7.3L is the most desirable "Ford" Diesel engine but they stopped making is in December 2002. So the 2003 model ford diesels are half and half. Some have the 7.3L and some have the 6.0L but in the 2004 they will all have that shitty 6.0L. As for the 2WD aspect, it is a harder sell but then again that depends on where you live... where I live, you'd be crazy to buy a 2WD drive but it's winter 6 months a year here.

OP You need to market it right.... People who are looking for something to pull their 5th wheel with or trailer down to Arizona every year for the winter or farmers. That is your market, so direct your advertising to them. Farmers normally don't give a fuk about 4x4 and would rather save the money cuz they are beating it up around the farm and will probably throw big fuken chains on the tires anyways. Find a farmers market and post up flyers or find some sort of magazine farmers/holidayers <--- not a word will see your advertisement. You'll sell it trust me! The good news is... all those trailer towers know that 2WD pulls more and gets better fuel economy and that is important to them

Every manufacturer makes good and bad. No offense but if you say that... you are ignorant to the automobile industry and you are stating your personal preference as fact. Look at Toyota and what they have been going through and they were consider the best manufacturer out of all of them.

Sorry if I seem a little overbearing but cars and sales of cars is a passion/hobby of mine.... kinda like my own little child.... not trying to start problems just clearing the air.
    Thank you.

I dunno if you are making fun of me or are being genuine

I get my stats from personal experience, I am a mechanic, my dad is a mechanic, as was my grandfather, uncle, cousin, best friend, etc.
    1996-2006 is what we spend the most money on, have the hardest time fixing, are the most problematic, etc

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    I dunno if you are making fun of me or are being genuine
    Genuine. I have spent my entire adult life in the automotive industry. It's always the same uneducated know-it-alls spewing the same crap. Blanket statements dont work in our industry. There are positives and negatives with all of the current manufactures.

Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    Genuine. I have spent my entire adult life in the automotive industry. It's always the same uneducated know-it-alls spewing the same crap. Blanket statements dont work in our industry. There are positives and negatives with all of the current manufactures.
    Exactly... I mean the Auto industry is a multi-billion dollar industry..... Why for one second would one manufacturer allow another one to use better technology and parts and make billions more.... its really common sense.... its not like one has better engineers either

goodlifting is offline Associate Member
    bought a 93 300zx for 3 grand about a month ago. some old lady owned it with less than 60 thousand mi on it. it's not a turbo but god damn it was a steal. this economy is okay for buying a vehicle but i would hate to have to sell.

OP: it sucks dude but you might have to drop that price if you need to get rid of it fast.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    ill buy it

Thread Information