Thread: Absinthe

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Absinthe

I'm drinking tonight. Hoping to quit again after tonight.

Anyway this Absinthe stuff tastes horrible. This is the cheap stuff though. Probably doesn't even make you hallucinate I dunno I'll see.

Anybody had the good stuff?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    lots of FAKE Absinthe out there anymore. Read the ingreedients. If it's not made from Worm Wood and it's not 55 and 75 percent, which equates to about 110 to 144 proof.

There is a certain method to drinking Absinthe also, you dont just mix it or try to straight shoot it.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    There's a certain way you have to drink it. Never tried it myself tho.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Pour a shot of Absinthe in a small tumbler. Take a teaspoon of sugar. Dip the teaspoon into the absinthe so that the sugar absorbs the liquor. Then, holding the spoon above the absinthe, set light to the sugar. Let it burn for a minute or so. The sugar will bubble and begin to caramelise. Once the flame is beginning to die down, stir the shot of absinthe with the sugared spoon (smothering the glass if it catches alight/fire). Now add an equal measure of water and some ice if required.

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    yea I hear there are lots of fakes around also

and lov, that sounds right, my buddies have done it before. first shot was horrible for them, second shot and both of them puked

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    contrary to college kid belief it's not to bit lit on fire or shot....and trujone doesn't cause hallucinations either, another myth...

it just became legal in the US a year or two ago so to get good absinthe I used to have to sneak it past customs from europe....lucid is a decent brand on sale here now..

but, if you're really interested in learning about absinthe, try here, it's the steroid .com/ar of absinthe...http://www.feeverte.net/
    Last edited by HitIt; 07-18-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I had the Lucid brand absinthe..... I took a couple drinks of it and that was it for me. Tastes like black licorice which I can't stand. My friends drank it tho and said it gives you a different kind of buzz..... not like beer or vodka.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

wczs is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I had the Lucid brand absinthe..... I took a couple drinks of it and that was it for me.
    Agreed, didn't seem like anything special. For the alcohol content, might as well go with Everclear.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    I drank it in Tokyo back in 2001. Bought a bottle of it and drank it. I don't know if it was the extreme alcohol content or the thujone but it was a different kind of buzz. Doesn't cause hallucinations but the chemical resembles THC. Can cause dementia if used often. Vincent Van Gogh was rumored to be intoxicated on it when he cut his ear off. It has a horrible taste, not worth it except for novelty purposes

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    A friend of mine got some from overseas a couple years ago. I was so excited and he was amping it up for weeks. It didn't do much. Guess it wasn't legit. We did go through the whole ritual and drank it as posted above. Ended up drinking beer after the disappointment. Oh well. Maybe someday...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Never tried it. But I read the % of active ingredient is so low compared to 100 years ago that is really isn't worth the effort. The active ingredient was much higher years ago. I think nowadays, isn't it more of a marketing ploy, similar to "Hemp beer"?

I once grew Wormwood when I was a kid (age 14 or 15?) then dried a couple hand fulls of leaves, soaked it in vodka for a week then drank it... I got drunk... that's it.

I really wouldn't believe the hype around it. Thinks about it, if it really was a mind altering drug.. you think the US gov would legalize it? Remember guys, they know what's best for us

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    There are websites you can go to to get the highest proof/strongest ammt of tujonge sp? out there. I had a couple of bottles imported last year. There is one country, I think in Eastern Europe, where you can get the strongest. The stuff sold in the usa is not even close to real. IMO it gives you an alcohol buzz but also keeps you more lucid and clear than beer or hard liquor. I think I got liquid gold or something like that. I could check if you really care but find a good website with forums of people who are into the stuff and you can get decent info.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Tastes like black licorice
    Yeah I told my friend to just get it out of my house he's like "what does it taste like?" I'm like "black licorice" we both go "yeeucck" "bleh"

Black licorice of the worst sorts

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    So you don't like Jaeger Bombs then, huh?

I do like Jaeger.. shots and bombs... Absinthe is on a whole other level

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    I do like Jaeger.. shots and bombs... Absinthe is on a whole other level
    Big glass of jegar and a slash of sugar free red bull.. my fav.. dangerous stuff.

Thread Information