Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Why do people cheat?

Cheating.

Not a nice word when you look at it and what it implies. Have any of you ever been cheated on? Have you been the cheater or have you been the other person (the one that the cheater is cheating with)?

Why do people do it?

There's a statement coined, "once a cheater, always a cheater". But I think that's an untrue statement. Well, it's not necessarily untrue, but it depends on the circumstances. There are basically two types of cheaters:

1) The Manipulative Cheater

2) The Unhappy Cheater

Once a cheater, always a cheater I think definitely applies to the first type. These are people that think they are clever and smart, and are totally apathetic to the people they are cheating on.

Then you have the second type, which are people that are desperately unhappy in their current situation. Prehaps they are in a abusive relationship, or there are kids involved, or they simply dont have the strength to end their bad relationship. So they seek out someone that will make them feel good again. These are people that are probably not repeat offenders.

Cheating isn't as black and white as people think.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I cheat because Im young, Im impulsive, I get bored easily.

If a girl annoys me, or gets me mad.... Ill go cheat.

If Im with someone for awhile and get bored, but still have feelings for them... Ill cheat.
    That way I can keep the emotional connection with them, but find a new, exciting sexual connection.

There are many reasons to cheat.

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    because they are life sucking, manipulative, lieing, pathetic, fake, low self esteem, dirty bitches

Stigmata101 is offline Senior Member
    except for my wife..............

gym_junki is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata101 View Post
    except for my wife..............
    lmao

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    1 reason....they are cowardly

If they didn't want to settle...then they could just date around and it would be all open and woudln't hurt / toy with anybody... so if they are in a relationship to start we can rule that out and know that they want to be with someone exclusively.

So then the reason they cheat is simple...they are too damned cowardly to say "Hey i'm not really feeling this relationship anymore and think I need to break up" BEFORE THEY DO SOMEONE ELSE. I mean seriously how hard is it? People say "oh i was in the moment"...bullshit, call some one up when stuff is happening and say do it over the phone. But hey why do the honorable thing like that when you can sneak around like a little b*tch.
    Last edited by zimmy; 08-04-2010 at 06:52 AM.

never cheated on a girl ever and i havent been cheated on well thats wat i kno. i wouldnt like to be cheated on so y should i cheat on her.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    1 reason....they are cowardly

If they didn't want to settle...then they could just date around and it would be all open and woudln't hurt toy with anybody... so if they are in a relationship to start we can rule out that they want to be with someone exclusively.

So then the reason they cheat is simple...they are too damned cowardly to say "Hey i'm not really feeling this relationship anymore and think I need to break up" BEFORE THEY DO SOMEONE ELSE. I mean seriously how hard is it? People say "oh i was in the moment"...bullshit, call some one up when stuff is happening and say do it over the phone. But hey why do the honorable thing like that when you can sneak around like a little b*tch.

true

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    I cheat because Im young, Im impulsive, I get bored easily.

If a girl annoys me, or gets me mad.... Ill go cheat.

If Im with someone for awhile and get bored, but still have feelings for them... Ill cheat.
    That way I can keep the emotional connection with them, but find a new, exciting sexual connection.

There are many reasons to cheat.
    I used to be exactly like this when i was younger, but i had been cheated on twice.. one girl ended up marrying the guy, the other was a sex machine (threesomes galore (: ) so when she cheated on me i wasn't to upset because technically i cheated on her with her and another woman several times so i couldn't bitch too much..

i cheated on the first one and told her because i felt guilty..

Now that i am older i feel that people should always be honest with eachother.. When you decide to become an adult you put away childish things..

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I've been the cheater..... I've been cheated on..... and i've been the one someone cheated with lol.

Dukkit pretty much summed it up really..... It's NOT black and white at all. Sometimes you love the emotional connection that you have with someone and you don't want to let that go. However..... they aren't filling your sexual wants or need..... so you find it somewhere else without having to destroy the emotional connection.

Also, I saw a study where they linked cheating to a gene. I'll have to see if I can find it..... but guys who had a certain gene were vastly more prone to cheating than those without it.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I've been the cheater..... I've been cheated on..... and i've been the one someone cheated with lol.

Dukkit pretty much summed it up really..... It's NOT black and white at all. Sometimes you love the emotional connection that you have with someone and you don't want to let that go. However..... they aren't filling your sexual wants or need..... so you find it somewhere else without having to destroy the emotional connection.

Also, I saw a study where they linked cheating to a gene. I'll have to see if I can find it..... but guys who had a certain gene were vastly more prone to cheating than those without it.

~Haz~
    yah and fatties say over eating is a gene...and some people say criminal mentality is a gene...I mean hey, why try to do the right thing if we can just blame it on gene's.

They linked being gay to lack of the FucM gene

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

If you don't believe it's true..... volunteer yourself for the human study in korea and allow them to remove the gene and see what happens

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    I got cheated on three times in a row all with serious GF's. I gave up on love. Now I'm a whore.

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    If you don't believe it's true..... volunteer yourself for the human study in korea and allow them to remove the gene and see what happens

~Haz~
    You turn into cal?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Cheating.

Not a nice word when you look at it and what it implies. Have any of you ever been cheated on? Have you been the cheater or have you been the other person (the one that the cheater is cheating with)?

Why do people do it?

There's a statement coined, "once a cheater, always a cheater". But I think that's an untrue statement. Well, it's not necessarily untrue, but it depends on the circumstances. There are basically two types of cheaters:

1) The Manipulative Cheater

2) The Unhappy Cheater

Once a cheater, always a cheater I think definitely applies to the first type. These are people that think they are clever and smart, and are totally apathetic to the people they are cheating on.

Then you have the second type, which are people that are desperately unhappy in their current situation. Prehaps they are in a abusive relationship, or there are kids involved, or they simply dont have the strength to end their bad relationship. So they seek out someone that will make them feel good again. These are people that are probably not repeat offenders.

Cheating isn't as black and white as people think.
    You can add one more to your list....The Revenge Cheater!

They linked being gay to lack of the FucM gene

~Haz~
    I'm gay and have plenty of FucM genes in me. If I had my way I'd FucM you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I'm gay and have plenty of FucM genes in me. If I had my way I'd FucM you too.
    LMFAO! I literally just laughed out loud hahaha

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    If I followed my D*** I would stick it in anything. I love having sex just as much if not more than most men. Are there times where I might get a dry spell from sex because of work/stress/whatever? Sure. Does that give me a excuse to cheat ? No.

I have guys outright tell me "I know your in a relationship but I would fool around without telling anyone." When stuff like this happens I use my brain, unlike most simple men. Why risk a 4 year loving relationship for a one night stand. If your willing to take that chance you don't love your partner, no if and's or buts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    If I followed my D*** I would stick it in anything. I love having sex just as much if not more than most men. Are there times where I might get a dry spell from sex because of work/stress/whatever? Sure. Does that give me a excuse to cheat ? No.

I have guys outright tell me "I know your in a relationship but I would fool around without telling anyone." When stuff like this happens I use my brain, unlike most simple men. Why risk a 4 year loving relationship for a one night stand. If your willing to take that chance you don't love your partner, no if and's or buts about it.
    If you are having a dry spell...just use lube! DUH

Blog Entries
    If you are having a dry spell...just use lube! DUH
    Or spit.

So profound.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Well...if my wife did cheat, which physically I don't too much feel she did, emotionally, now that may be another story. But you never know. I would have pegged her as the unhappy cheater, which she made it obvious she was unhappy the last several months. Of course you were, school was almost out and you had no reason to use me anymore

Altho she would have been the Unhappy Cheater, it was definitely a repeat offense. She did the same thing with her first husband, if you want to call 2 months of being married a marriage.

Diamond*K is offline Female Member
    i cant sleep with 2 guys at the same time.... even if it wasnt serious....

i've been in the position b4 where i felt neglected in a relationship and possibly cheated on.. so i started to fall for another guy and we kissed. i wasnt havin problems for sexual reasons.. it was more about not feeling loved so getting it from sum1 who does. but its not in my trait to do so... i get bad nightmares and usually end both relationships....

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    yah and fatties say over eating is a gene...and some people say criminal mentality is a gene...I mean hey, why try to do the right thing if we can just blame it on gene's.
    I have a not getting laid gene... its a perfectly legitmate claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rose View Post
    I got cheated on three times in a row all with serious GF's. I gave up on love. Now I'm a whore.
    definately a respectabel pursuit... I am jealous

kp... ur makin me feel bad for you.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-krys View Post
    i cant sleep with 2 guys at the same time.... even if it wasnt serious....

i've been in the position b4 where i felt neglected in a relationship and possibly cheated on.. so i started to fall for another guy and we kissed. i wasnt havin problems for sexual reasons.. it was more about not feeling loved so getting it from sum1 who does. but its not in my trait to do so... i get bad nightmares and usually end both relationships....
    I hear ya on this one... even after 3 years with my ex of limited to no sex life and then the last 13 months of none at all I still couldnt bring myself to go find someone just for the sake of sex.

kp... ur makin me feel bad for you.....lol
    right on, sympathey..... but try not to, we all make our own choices

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    right on, sympathey..... but try not to, we all make our own choices
    lol.. so ur choosing to not have sex??

lol.. so ur choosing to not have sex??
    heh, no, I meant going so long in a bad situation and not cheating just for the sake of sex...

Im not sure if there are any rules about how long you should wait after a long relationship to get re-released back into the wild for a new and hopefully more adventurous endeavor

heh, no, I meant going so long in a bad situation and not cheating just for the sake of sex...

Im not sure if there are any rules about how long you should wait after a long relationship to get re-released back into the wild for a new and hopefully more adventurous endeavor
    KP just give in and go Bi that way you'll have twice as many chances of picking up a date on friday and saturday nights.

KP just give in and go Bi that way you'll have twice as many chances of picking up a date on friday and saturday nights.
    nice, twice as much rejection... where do I sign up?

Blog Entries
    nice, twice as much rejection... where do I sign up?
    But your also doubling your odds of getting laid !

But your also doubling your odds of getting laid !
    I poop just fine thank you...

just move here girls are sluts...

you don't have to be on the receiving end of it you know, unless you just prefer that end...but considering some of your threads I'd say you've been on the receiving end for years.

you don't have to be on the receiving end of it you know, unless you just prefer that end...but considering some of your threads I'd say you've been on the receiving end for years.
    wow, just wow... no one has been brave enough to go there yet... I appreciate your honesty

just move here girls are sluts...
    sounds like fun... got any blind friends?

sounds like fun... got any blind friends?
    lol ur not ugly.. trust me when me and standBy take u out.. u'll love it here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information