Thread: Random

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.

Random

Hey all just randomly, would like to know where I stand with a certain prescribed drug.

It is Amitriptyline hydrochloride of course I can google it and see its info, but I wanna know how it could affect or hinder my performance when in the gym or doing exercises.

It is a anti- depressant I take it before i go to sleep at only 10mg just to have that good nights sleep.

Only thing I dislike is it makes my mouth as dry as a desert, other than that just skeptical about my strength, endurance motivation etc. Any experience or facts would be great.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i dont know for sure.. but most antidepressants mess with brain function.. i.e. neurons and stuff and therefor should not affect your training what so ever..

boz
    Hmm i see.

*sigh* BUMP anyone else?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i was on these for 3yrs for a trapped nerve in my back, they will leave you dry, cause weight gain (at higher doses) i used 30mg per day at night and i found gettin up in the morns difficult, they had like a groggy drowsey effect in the morns. they work on the nervous system and helped with my back pain for a long time but eventually they ceased to control the pain for me so i came off them, had a bit of an unpleasant withdrawl. shouldnt affect your training esp @ 10mg per day, take at bedtime, oh, just to highlight the light dosage for you, my doc said they were safe to use right up to 300mg, but i guess that would be for extreme cases, it def would put you in the clouds lol
    Last edited by dec11; 08-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.

boz
    Wow that long :| ... Lol yeah at that dose, I wouldn't be surprised if one could not get out of bed.

Hmm the withdrawal part I don't like how you have mentioned, I only want to use these as a PRN but gee i get a good nights sleep off it.

Yeah I also feel the effects in the morning. Although it is a light effect, nothing out of this world. Anyway ill weigh it up soon cheers.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boz88 View Post
    Wow that long :| ... Lol yeah at that dose, I wouldn't be surprised if one could not get out of bed.

Hmm the withdrawal part I don't like how you have mentioned, I only want to use these as a PRN but gee i get a good nights sleep off it.

Yeah I also feel the effects in the morning. Although it is a light effect, nothing out of this world. Anyway ill weigh it up soon cheers.
    yeah ive finally gotten an MRI scan booked for 2mro and currently using tramadol for the pain control instead, glad to get rid of tht dopey drowsey morning feeling. my mother was presribed Amit also, for a trapped nerve in her arm, it actually repaired it for her within a few months, i wasnt tht lucky

for what reason are you on it, if you dont mind me asking? its very versatile and used for alot of things apparantly

sprinter911 is offline Associate Member
    The dose you're on is very low for this newer type of SSRI. There shouldn't be any side effect as far as decreasing your gains. It may make you less motivated but a little coffee or preworkout energy supp will get you passed that. At higher doses you will retain water and dry mouth is common at any dose. If you're using 10mg as a sleep aide then you're gtg. I wouldn't worry about it. If it helps you sleep then keep taking it.

--Sprint

boz
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    yeah ive finally gotten an MRI scan booked for 2mro and currently using tramadol for the pain control instead, glad to get rid of tht dopey drowsey morning feeling. my mother was presribed Amit also, for a trapped nerve in her arm, it actually repaired it for her within a few months, i wasnt tht lucky

for what reason are you on it, if you dont mind me asking? its very versatile and used for alot of things apparantly

Well tbh I was seeking something for a sleeping aid, and the doc refused to put me on sleeping pills, or any addictive drugs.

Before I knew it he has prescribed me these, he must of been under the belief I had alot on my mind, or I am a depressed person, either way it does help me sleep. I to am not liking the drowsy feeling in the morning, but I get through it.

Also how was your libido on the stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter911 View Post
    The dose you're on is very low for this newer type of SSRI. There shouldn't be any side effect as far as decreasing your gains. It may make you less motivated but a little coffee or preworkout energy supp will get you passed that. At higher doses you will retain water and dry mouth is common at any dose. If you're using 10mg as a sleep aide then you're gtg. I wouldn't worry about it. If it helps you sleep then keep taking it.

--Sprint
    Yeah I agree with ya sprint it is a low does. Just wanted to know where I stood with it. As far as side effects, there were a phew that did concern me, and how it would of affected me in the gym or exercising. Also I think I will keep taking it for the time being, but only as a PRN, I hate having to rely on something to put me to sleep, I just wanna be normal and natural like any other joe blow

Thread Information