Thread: Styptic Pencil

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Styptic Pencil

Maybe not the most interesting post that you'll see today ( I understand if this illicits ) but this shit REALLY works.

I cut two knuckles pretty deep when I was metro balling in the shower the other day. I get out and small drops of blood are pattering the sink. I clean up the wounds and wet the pencil and take it to them. There was pretty much no blood after that and it sealed up the wound. The sensation was a little burning. Anyway it kind of saved my night because I wasn't going to be able to shake any hands all bloodied and cut up. I did find that the wounds are healing possibly slower than they would have if I had allowed a normal scab to form, so I took the antibiotic ointment to them today.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    been using it since my dad taught me to shave 25 years ago...has alum which is an antistringent that constricts tissues to stop the bleeding..my current stick is the same brand you posted (you should be able to gently rinse the leftover that dries on your cuts after the bleeding stops in about 10 mins or so and then treat as you would normally as the capillaries tend to clot shut in that time anyway)

as an aside, alum is the stuff in the tom and jerry cartoons and others where a cat (tom, sylvester, or whoever) would be strying to eat a rodent/bird (jerry, tweety bird, whoever) when said rodent/bird would somehow spoonfeed the bad cat some alum, then the cats mouth would shrink up and be unable to eat said rodent/bird without use of a straw or garden hose.
    Last edited by HitIt; 08-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    been using it since my dad taught me to shave 25 years ago...has alum which is an antistringent that constricts tissues to stop the bleeding..my current stick is the same brand you posted
    If you guys have any other secrets feel free to post em up or pm me. I can't believe it took me 29 years to find this simple thing.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Same here, dad showed me when I was really young. When I tell people about it they don't believe me.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yup, been in my medicine cabinet for 30 years now.

Thread Information