J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

the girlfriends mom post:

To get right down too it:

I've been seeing a girl for about 3 months now. We will do some things together with families at this point, and we get along pretty good. I've been open with her about everything from the start, I tend to carry very few inhibitions with life. I’ve always figured we are, what we experience.

Earlier this year, I was arraigned on charges of domestic assault against my ex. It’s probably the same story as everyone else tells on the internet. But the girl was a few screws short, and was drinking on antidepressants. Came home 2am, I was in bed, was throwing and breaking things around my house, because she lived with me, apparently I can’t throw her out. I did anyway, by physically carrying her drunk ass outside, and locking the door, it’s domestic violence.

The courts have been dragging it out, and my attorney has as well, somewhat of a strategy from what I understand, probably one against my check book.

But I’ve told my current girlfriend about it. I was expecting some back lash from her about it, but she graduated a year behind my ex, and was apparently aware of her mental state.

Something upsetting came up last night, and I just played it off like it did not bother me though.

Her mother knows and talked to her about it, was asking me about my dad. I’ve never met my dad, from that point on the conversation went about as her mom was physiologically analyzing me based off this domestic problem, and the lack of my biological father being around. My dad not being around is not something I tap dance around, or am shy about. I’m open about it, and if a man is not man enough to stick around, he should just leave instead of sticking around to be a bad influence on his son. I’ve turned out fine I would think. my mom cries some times when she tells me how proud she is of me, despite having it rough growing up.

In closing, her mother said: you have to be careful cause guys like that have attachment issues.

Her mom is a secretary, I see a doctor quarterly and I talk to a phycoligist 2-4 times a year because they both monitor me because I have ADHD and am on medication to help control it. My doctor has never considered anything negative about me, short of some narcissistic characteristics, which leads to trust issues. Mostly work related, that I feel I can’t trust anyone to take care of things for me, cause they may not do it as well.

I don’t really want to talk to my girlfriend about it, cause it’s not her fault. At the same time, it bothers me her mother jumps to conclusions about my character based off 1 bad thing that happened to me and my dad not being around.

Talk to the girl friend? Or I have no problems just bringing it up with her mother casually, but don’t want to over step my boundaries.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    What are her stats? Pics?

current:
    5'8"
    138lbs
    brown hair
    blue eyes
    greek/mix beatiful olive skin
    the most amazing hips

ex:
    5'6
    127lbs
    blonde hair
    blue eyes
    beatiful girl, just lacks motivation and mental strength.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Bf%?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your girl's mom has Oprah Winfrey syndrome!! Oprah is the one who put it in everyone woman's mind that 'if he hits a woman once, he'll do it again'. They don't hear the circumstances of some events.

Just break it down to her mom's. Tell her the entire detail of the situation and that regardless of your father not being around, you aren't a violent person and never have been and that her daughter's safety and well-being is your upmost concern. Sincere sounding bullshit like that, lol...goes a long way.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Bf%?
    hahahahaha you're ****ing hilarious man

age??

-VM

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Another relationship thread from J-Dogg...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    step one - cover your right hand in baby powder.

step two - cock your right hand and arm back behind you

step three - bitch slap her mom

problems solved.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Your girl's mom has Oprah Winfrey syndrome!! Oprah is the one who put it in everyone woman's mind that 'if he hits a woman once, he'll do it again'. They don't hear the circumstances of some events.

Just break it down to her mom's. Tell her the entire detail of the situation and that regardless of your father not being around, you aren't a violent person and never have been and that her daughter's safety and well-being is your upmost concern. Sincere sounding bullshit like that, lol...goes a long way.
    She probably does watch Opera, I love how tv educates even adults now.

But after reading your post and thinking about it, I think bypassing the girlfriend in this issue would be best. I don’t want it to cause her any unnecessary stress. I can catch her mom at an event alone easy enough and just ask her a few questions to bring up the subject and go over it briefly. I think by me just being open about it with her, will show there is no problem.

I know she is just trying to look out for her daughter, and if I was a dad, I would do the same I guess. I will tell her that, then assure her she has nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Is it that big of an issue to get advice and bounce idea's off friends?

Whether it be relationship, career, social or health, seems it's pretty normal to discuss these topics.

The work out, diet, as and sports forums are listed a few directories up from the lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    step one - cover your right hand in baby powder.

step two - cock your right hand and arm back behind you

step three - bitch slap her mom

problems solved.....

~Haz~

All sounds great, but the purpose of the baby powder is throwing me off.
    I was under the impression a orange in a sock was the way to go?!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    The baby powder leaves a nice hand print on her face

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    What exactly do you mean by "narcissistic characteristics?"....this is vague for now...please explain why and what types of behavior determined this diagnosis (since you have opened this up for discussion)....perhaps this might help clarify what is beneath some of this....the good and the bad....to help figure out the correct path to take

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "narcissistic characteristics?"....this is vague for now...please explain why and what types of behavior determined this diagnosis (since you have opened this up for discussion)....perhaps this might help clarify what is beneath some of this....the good and the bad....to help figure out the correct path to take
    A lot of people confuse the assessment as someone being vain, but it’s not.
    It has little to do with personal appearance, and the characteristics are not all bad.

In short, I think black/white. I tend to have an answer or opinion before the question or statement is even finished.

Assuming your way, or opinion is more valid, or better than others.
    It works great for my career, quick choices and confident that they are right.
    Bad for relationships for the same reasons.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    A lot of people confuse the assessment as someone being vain, but it’s not.
    It has little to do with personal appearance, and the characteristics are not all bad.

In short, I think black/white. I tend to have an answer or opinion before the question or statement is even finished.

Assuming your way, or opinion is more valid, or better than others.
    It works great for my career, quick choices and confident that they are right.
    Bad for relationships for the same reasons.
    Uh-oh, I might have some narcissistic characteristics too then

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I am aware that "narcissistic" behavior is not based on appearances.. but behavior. I have witnessed this behavoir and a big part of it is the HUNT...CHARM...Being Right. Are you sure talking to her mom or charming her mom is not part of BEING RIGHT? For some reason this urge to prove yourself might be part of the narcissistic personality. Just asking. What do you think? Be honest..so you can figure out what your REAL motives are here... Curious.

I understand wanting to clear up your reputation...I really do. Just want to make sure that this is not an over reacted "drama" to be played out under the guise of one intention (reputation) when really another (control). Only you know.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-18-2010 at 06:31 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They use baby powder in all the Asian fight scenes. It gives off a nice visual when the person is hit.

It all depends on where you want the relationship to go. Long term, go talk to momma. Not so long term, ignore it.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-19-2010 at 02:41 AM.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    You're dating her, not her mom. **** what her mom says.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    the more you try to convince someone you are not as bad as they think, the worse they think you are. Besides she will have to admit she is wrong if she changes her mind and oprah wouldnt like that one bit would she

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Tread lightly when you bring it up to her mom.

explain exactly what you have here as it sounded completely logical.

But that isnt exactly an easy thing to transition to during conversation without coming across in a negative light.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    You're dating her, so why not fvck her mother?
    Fixed and agreed

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    I am aware that "narcissistic" behavior is not based on appearances.. but behavior. I have witnessed this behavoir and a big part of it is the HUNT...CHARM...Being Right. Are you sure talking to her mom or charming her mom is not part of BEING RIGHT? For some reason this urge to prove yourself might be part of the narcissistic personality. Just asking. What do you think? Be honest..so you can figure out what your REAL motives are here... Curious.

I understand wanting to clear up your reputation...I really do. Just want to make sure that this is not an over reacted "drama" to be played out under the guise of one intention (reputation) when really another (control). Only you know.
    I agree with her.. Don't bother talking to her mom about it because it would only make you look worse.. She will know you are a good guy through your acions.. if you try to tell her that you have no issues and that you are offended that she might think that you do would only make you look like you over annalyzing the issue..

actions speak louder than words anyways.. treat her daughter right and she will love you all the same

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    lol i was thinking similar but who the hell am i kidding I start threads like this all the time

J Dogg I would talk to the girlfriend if it bothers you but try to get over it. My mom is a paranoid schizophrenic and my dad is a workaholic. I am the ex of someone who had a serious overdose that left them bedridden. I could bullshit you and pretend these things haven't shaped me but they have. I have tried to come out of it a better person. I opened up to my friend yesterday and told him everything. He told me this: "The past helped shape you.. but you are not your past. Your past does not define you".

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Fixed and agreed
    LOL...that works to.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper View Post
    lol i was thinking similar but who the hell am i kidding I start threads like this all the time

J Dogg I would talk to the girlfriend if it bothers you but try to get over it. My mom is a paranoid schizophrenic and my dad is a workaholic. I am the ex of someone who had a serious overdose that left them bedridden. I could bullshit you and pretend these things haven't shaped me but they have. I have tried to come out of it a better person. I opened up to my friend yesterday and told him everything. He told me this: "The past helped shape you.. but you are not your past. Your past does not define you".
    u said "I love you " to a girl u know only 10 days .....read and learn kid

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Fixed and agreed
    yummy....always wanted to do that.....

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    yummy....always wanted to do that.....
    been there done that

ok i lied i havent but i want to!

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries