Fooboy is offline Associate Member

Help me! im falling!

Hey Fellas! Well, Fooboy's done it again... So here's the question...does a long distance relationhip work? Here's the scoop: I met this girl at a seminar in California. I've been going to california before this seminar already. like, every other month, if not more frequent than that. We've discussed taking it super duper slow cuz we've both had some real messed up relationships in the past. We talk everyday and i see her almost every month. So, could this be workable...? oh yeah, she's 18 (19 in april) , im 22.

thnx, foobs

P.S. ~ clocks, i already know what ur gonna say..friend. so please don't post a reply .

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Your only option really is to just give it a shot!!!! I mean, unless you have had long distance relationships, there is no way to tell. So you might as well try it out eh?

Worse case scenario, you break up down the line because you realize you can't stand not seeing her for such a long time.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    long distance relationships are killers man...the 2 that i have been in have distorted my sense of what a healthy relationship is. in one i was crazy for the girl and not having her around was definitely hard. i cared for her very deeply, and not seeing her for more than 2 days at a time every 2 or 3 months definitely took its toll...we both realized that under different circumstances that it could have worked out, however we never got that chance. after my experiences i definitely have to tell you to think long and hard about the positives and negatives before you choose either way...i thought that positives outweighed the negatives at the time, but the negatives really started to materialize when difficulties arose. some things are just not meant to be, so i would respect her thoughts as well as your own. if deep down you want to pursue it, go for it. a buddy of mine has been bf/gf with a girl that lives almost 1000 miles away for 90% of the year and they have been able to make it work for almost 4 years now. however, it is my belief that for every 10 ldr's that occur, only 1 actually makes it in the long run. good luck in your decisions.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I have to agree with daem. the only ldr's that i have ever seen work are those with an exit strategy. like "in 6 months i'm moving out there and we can see more of each other". but I have never EVER seen an open ended one work. but opinions are like assholes...everybody gots one and they usually stink.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    thnx for the input fellas. i figure, since i really really really like this girl, i may be blinded by the cons of the situation. however, we do plan on taking it super super slow so the distance could, in fact, be a good thing. I suppose i'll just see how everything works out. thnx again.

foobs

Thread Information